•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Really? Taking nothing away from Dean, but you seen the OL yesterday? Outside of drive 1, the Dallas D did well. 

idk. I love Dean, but Linderbaum is a slam dunk for Dallas imo. 

Maybe if you exclude the multiple penalties for multiple first downs that allowed the 9ers to run off like 4 minutes at the end of the game. 

They played almost as stupid as our offense. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

@BigD88

Lowdown on Brandon Smith please. 

Supreme athlete, solid vs pass/run. Gimme more.

Not what this team needs IMO. Unrefined. Bit of a guesser and is prone to jumping gaps against the run unnecessarily. He will absolutely wow you twice a game by showing incredible range by hawking a skill player down that most LBs would simply have no chance at. But then he will badly miss tackles in the open field by just throwing a shoulder and not wrapping up (like, at all. It’s really bad). 
I do wonder if maybe 15 years ago he would’ve made a good WILL backer who could just see ball, run and hit against standard offenses. But a game like yesterday, Shanahan would’ve absolutely had Smith in a blender.

Supremely long, rangy and athletic. His length really helps when he drops in coverage and clogs up passing lines while showing his great range. But his instincts are just not there in the run game. As much as Micah just has that “it” for the game, Smith is almost the opposite. I actually think his best position is as a stand up EDGE type (not unlike Micah in that sense). His strengths are great burst, length, strength and athleticism moving forward; but is really bad at reading, reacting, and flowing to the ball when lined up in the box. Which to me screams edge especially with his build.

This defense needs to get more sound and stout up the middle, as opposed to more athletic in space, IMO. Smith will be a day 2 pick because of his traits and can excel big time at the right fit, I just don’t think that’s here. But if he’s somehow there in the 4th, you draft him and make him a pass rusher without thinking twice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Really? Taking nothing away from Dean, but you seen the OL yesterday? Outside of drive 1, the Dallas D did well. 

idk. I love Dean, but Linderbaum is a slam dunk for Dallas imo. 

It's a tough call. I think moving Collins to LG and having Steele at RT would improve the OL play alone. If Dallas drafted Linderbaum, we'd miss out on all of the elite LBs (Dean, Lloyd and Smith). Parsons would have to do everything on the defense again.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe if you exclude the multiple penalties for multiple first downs that allowed the 9ers to run off like 4 minutes at the end of the game. 

I may be in the minority but I was not impressed with Randy Gregory down the stretch. He can sign a lucrative deal elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Penalties aside obviously Believe there were 2 in the fourth that we’re killers. SF gave Dallas some in return. Dallas didn’t capitalize.

9 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Not what this team needs IMO. Unrefined. Bit of a guesser and is prone to jumping gaps against the run unnecessarily. He will absolutely wow you twice a game by showing incredible range by hawking a skill player down that most LBs would simply have no chance at. But then he will badly miss tackles in the open field by just throwing a shoulder and not wrapping up (like, at all. It’s really bad). 
I do wonder if maybe 15 years ago he would’ve made a good WILL backer who could just see ball, run and hit against standard offenses. But a game like yesterday, Shanahan would’ve absolutely had Smith in a blender.

Supremely long, rangy and athletic. His length really helps when he drops in coverage and clogs up passing lines while showing his great range. But his instincts are just not there in the run game. As much as Micah just has that “it” for the game, Smith is almost the opposite. I actually think his best position is as a stand up EDGE type (not unlike Micah in that sense). His strengths are great burst, length, strength and athleticism moving forward; but is really bad at reading, reacting, and flowing to the ball when lined up in the box. Which to me screams edge especially with his build.

This defense needs to get more sound and stout up the middle, as opposed to more athletic in space, IMO. Smith will be a day 2 pick because of his traits and can excel big time at the right fit, I just don’t think that’s here. But if he’s somehow there in the 4th, you draft him and make him a pass rusher without thinking twice.

Keep in mind we also have Cox. So this is a big yikes for me. 

7 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Thanks for the info. Brandon Smith's athleticism is what I liked about him as our 2nd rounder, but he would be a great pick in the middle rounds. 

Can you do a breakdown on Jaquan Brisker?  

Brisker is the freaking man. He is that dude. We really just don’t see true rangy centerfield guys anymore. And that’s really the only thing missing from his game.

But he’s got good size, good athleticism, good ball skills, is very reliable covering the deep half, really sound tackler and very good in run support. Just a great feel for the game. A flat out football player who is around the ball, doing his job, and making plays.

My only knocks would be he had a lingering shoulder issue all season that would need to be checked during the medicals, and he turns 23 just before draft day due to starting his college career in the JUCO ranks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Keep in mind we also have Cox. So this is a big yikes for me. 

Yup. Guys like Cox can make plays in space and cover ground for us (assuming he comes back to form after injury). The LB corps really needs guys who can make plays in traffic in the box on a down to down basis. I haven’t studied many LBs yet for the class, but Nakobe Dean is that guy, without sacrificing the athleticism.

Well. I am sorry if your defense gives up scores on the first 4 drives of the game they did not do a good job period.  I would also say 5 of 6 but the final TD was not on them.   The other scores all on them.  SF also ran 23 plays in their final two drives.  That is another big fail in a 1 score game.  Yes got a interception or SF gifted them a turn over but still kudos they did get it. 

I just have to wait to see who is there.  This game SF did a good job taking Parsons out of it.   I think we needed Parsons on the edge blitzing every play either to the runner or the QB.  It seemed to me SF was able to get blockers to the second level all the time to take parsons out of the play

Bruglar dropped a two rd mock this morning. 

24: Kenyon Green OG / Texas A&M. 
56: Jaquan Brisket S / Penn St.

He has Ikem Ekwonu going #1 overall. Linderbaum went to Philly at 15. I had no idea Kelce was 35 yo. Lloyd at 9.  Dean at 21.

Green and Brisker would be a terrific start for Dallas.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Bruglar dropped a two rd mock this morning. 

24: Kenyon Green OG / Texas A&M. 
56: Jaquan Brisket S / Penn St.

He has Ikem Ekwonu going #1 overall. Linderbaum went to Philly at 15. I had no idea Kelce was 35 yo. Lloyd at 9.  Dean at 21.

Green and Brisker would be a terrific start for Dallas.

Kiper has us taking a DE for Georgia. Walker.