•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

I meant we weren't going to win more than 3. What other years were we going to win one? 1994? Forget it. No coach in history could over come all the stuff the refs let the Niners get away with. 1996? The team was over the hill. Novachek had to retire from a back injury after being thrown off a horse at his ranch.  What is Jimmy going to do? Draft a new Emmitt? A new Nate Newton? A new Irvin? Who did he draft in Miami? How many Super Bowls did Jimmy win in Miami?

Sure they could have won 1994 as they probably would have had home field advantage if he was the coach the whole season. Emmitt was still  really good so was Irvin. The team lost all discipline after he left and there drafting was awful. Sure Jimmy didn’t win a super bowl in Miami. Marino was not the same qb after his Achilles injury . Getting rid of Jimmy was the worst mistake Jerry ever made. He even finally admitted this. 1996 they beat the Super Bowl champs pretty easily at home. I was at that game they moved the ball at will just couldn’t score tds. Anyway got to 3 Super Bowls so I doubt I’ll see another as long as Jerry is owner. 

Edited by cromagnum

10 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Directionally, I know who I like that could be around our first round pick. But I wasn't prepared for the rest. No idea where to go in the second. Have done a couple mock drafts now and I am lost every single time the second round rolls around. 

Assuming Linderbaum in rd 1, I always seem to gravitate towards Penn State’s Brandon Smith in rd 2. Though I question whether he’ll be there. He’s going to test very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Sure they could have won 1994 as they probably would have had home field advantage if he was the coach the whole season. Emmitt was still  really good so was Irvin. The team lost all discipline after he left and there drafting was awful. Sure Jimmy didn’t win a super bowl in Miami. Marino was not the same qb after his Achilles injury . Getting rid of Jimmy was the worst mistake Jerry ever made. He even finally admitted this. 1996 they beat the Super Bowl champs pretty easily at home. I was at that game they moved the ball at will just couldn’t score tds. Anyway got to 3 Super Bowls so I doubt I’ll see another as long as Jerry is owner. 

You still didn't answer my main question:

"Who did Jimmy draft in Miami?"

2 hours ago, atran35 said:

Why would you pick a center? Do you want to move him out to OG?

— Marginal weight and girth causes him to be tardy to anchor when bigger rushers knock down his hands, get into his frame and bull-rush.

— Vulnerable to getting knocked back off his levels with the guards and picked off when defensive tackles spike and slant inside.

No Thanks, I want somebody with true power and anchor.

1 minute ago, TVScout said:

Why would you pick a center? Do you want to move him out to OG?

— Marginal weight and girth causes him to be tardy to anchor when bigger rushers knock down his hands, get into his frame and bull-rush.

— Vulnerable to getting knocked back off his levels with the guards and picked off when defensive tackles spike and slant inside.

No Thanks, I want somebody with true power and anchor.

I am going to guess you have seen ZERO Iowa games. 

• Like 3

Just now, TVScout said:

Beside the point. Trading up for an undersized center when we already have a center is questionable at best.

He is the single highest rated center in the history of modern scouting. He's incredible. Every OL coach on twitter & multiple draft experts rave about him. If he were a Tackle he'd be a top 10 pick - only chance we have is the world undervalues centers. 

17 minutes ago, TVScout said:

You still didn't answer my main question:

"Who did Jimmy draft in Miami?"

How well did Dallas draft after Jimmy left? I’m not a dolphins fan so i have no clue how well he drafted in Miami. Only two players I can think of off the top of my head are Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor.

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, stating that it simply does not matter who we draft would be tantamount to giving up.

With that said, how in the world can we expect this team to win like this???

If it's not injuries, it's penalties.

If it's not penalties, it's suspensions.

If it's not suspensions, it's coaching.

If it's not coaching, it's bad drafting.

If, if, if, if!!!!!!

At what point can we expect the talent on this team to realize what they can accomplish together and do it?

SF is already, and for weeks, has been talking about moving on from Garopolo. They lost their 2 best defenders yesterday.

And yet they beat the living ish out of us in our house!

What is it going to take?

LV, Ariz, Den, KC, what is it about the West that we cannot win?

So, LG, QB, CB, S, what the hell is the difference???

We won 12 games this year. 12!!!!!

And show out like that???

Parsons did what every Dallas wonder boy does in big games, disappears.

Diggs, never saw you.

Lamb, who again?

I heard Deebo all frickin day.

What's the matter, we don't know how to key on a guy???

Every other team does, evident every time we play a big game.

I don't give a F×ck who we draft. It won't matter.

Your post is almost correct. But Micah Parsons did anything but disappear yesterday. He still balled his balls off and prevented multiple big gains from the LB spot. 
Now, perhaps this is because since he’s so young, the stench of this organization hasn’t yet infected him. But to say he disappeared yesterday is just so patently wrong it definitely shows you still need to take some time to decompress from this loss.

And the Iowa center is a total bad *** with more ability in his fingernails than Biadasz could ever dream of.

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He is the single highest rated center in the history of modern scouting. He's incredible. Every OL coach on twitter & multiple draft experts rave about him. If he were a Tackle he'd be a top 10 pick - only chance we have is the world undervalues centers. 

So was Dave Rimington.