•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Why would you pick a center? Do you want to move him out to OG?

— Marginal weight and girth causes him to be tardy to anchor when bigger rushers knock down his hands, get into his frame and bull-rush.

— Vulnerable to getting knocked back off his levels with the guards and picked off when defensive tackles spike and slant inside.

No Thanks, I want somebody with true power and anchor.

You haven’t watched Linderbaum at all have you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

How well did Dallas draft after Jimmy left? I’m not a dolphins fan so i have no clue how well he drafted in Miami. Only two players I can think of off the top of my head are Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor.

He drafted four pro bowlers which is what Jerry did too.

8 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Whatever he left because of Jerry. They try to say they both were to blame but it was mostly Jerry fault which he finally admitted when Jimmy got inducted into the hall of fame. Mark Sanches has more playoff wins then the Cowboys do in the last 25 years. You can thank Mr. Jones for this. 

Jimmy had written in his dream journal years before that he was going to quit. Jimmy was also a huge f'ing ahole to his boss. Kicked him out of a superbowl dinner, told his coaches they would be fired if they spoke with him. Lots of very clear insubordination. 

Im not saying Jerry was without blame. But if you go read the articles and watch the interviews, its EXTREMELY clear that Jimmy was doing everything he possibly could to leave our team. Jerry was doing things to try to keep him. 

11 minutes ago, TVScout said:

So was Dave Rimington.

How can the highest graded player by *modern* analysis be the same as someone born 50 years before modern analysis was invented? 

I think maybe you are down playing this kid from Iowa. I also think Center is a huge, huge need. Centers normally are free blockers, which means they can help a weaker LG. But you know this already, I am not telling you anything new. 

Linderbaum is the next Jason Kelce. I have massive doubts that he will fall to #24, but I would just take him now and forget the first round in April if that were an option. I seriously doubt there will be a more ideal prospect for us available.

Would I trade up for him? Maybe a 5th rounder to hop a team. But I am probably against trading premiums picks to jump up for almost anyone, given our hit rate lately.

21 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Your post is almost correct. But Micah Parsons did anything but disappear yesterday. He still balled his balls off and prevented multiple big gains from the LB spot. 
Now, perhaps this is because since he’s so young, the stench of this organization hasn’t yet infected him. But to say he disappeared yesterday is just so patently wrong it definitely shows you still need to take some time to decompress from this loss.

And the Iowa center is a total bad *** with more ability in his fingernails than Biadasz could ever dream of.

You are correct. I said I wasn't confident, I said I had no faith in Dak on the big stage, I said they would attack our Lbs, and I'm STILL fuming!

As for Parsons, outside of a few good tackles late in the game, which did give Dak 2 opportunities, all I saw of him was the name on his jersey getting pushed out of the play by Aiyuk, Kittle, etc.

I appreciate your trying to comfort my angst with the compliment to the Iowa center, but as I stated earlier, it won't matter. 

The fish stinks from the head down!

Parcells, Romo, Phillips, Garrett, Witten, Dak, Bryant, the list is endless!

Since 1995 we've had several winning seasons, number 1 seeds, 12 wins, 13 wins, 12 wins, etc and just implode in the post season. 

The stage is just too big for this franchise.

This team, right now, today, has the talent to at least make the championship game.

Trouble is, our coaches are not getting the most and best out of our players.

Jimmy would have Biadiasz and Williams mauling people! He knows how to coach players up and motivate them. Our defense would punch you right in the mouth and then step on your throat.

This fat tub of ish is simply an incompetent extension of our ego maniac, soft in the middle owner.

So we now have to face a multitude of FA leaving, possibly 2 coaches, we are over the cap, and we are drafting at 24. Not to mention the Iggles have 3 first rounders and they just went as far as we did, in spite of us spanking them twice.

Ugh, just shake my head till I'm dizzy.

LG is the weakest link on the OL, but I doubt a high end OG will be there at #24. If Linderbaum is there, you have to take him. Other than him, this team should continue improving the defense. 

If it comes down to Linderbaum vs. Dean, I would want Dean. 

Edited by Tony7188

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

LG is the weakest link on the OL, but I doubt a high end OG will be there at #24. If Linderbaum is there, you have to take him. Other than him, this team should continue improving the defense. 

If it comes down to Linderbaum vs. Dean, I would want Dean. 

Really? Taking nothing away from Dean, but you seen the OL yesterday? Outside of drive 1, the Dallas D did well. 

idk. I love Dean, but Linderbaum is a slam dunk for Dallas imo. 

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

You are correct. I said I wasn't confident, I said I had no faith in Dak on the big stage, I said they would attack our Lbs, and I'm STILL fuming!

As for Parsons, outside of a few good tackles late in the game, which did give Dak 2 opportunities, all I saw of him was the name on his jersey getting pushed out of the play by Aiyuk, Kittle, etc.

I appreciate your trying to comfort my angst with the compliment to the Iowa center, but as I stated earlier, it won't matter. 

The fish stinks from the head down!

Parcells, Romo, Phillips, Garrett, Witten, Dak, Bryant, the list is endless!

Since 1995 we've had several winning seasons, number 1 seeds, 12 wins, 13 wins, 12 wins, etc and just implode in the post season. 

The stage is just too big for this franchise.

This team, right now, today, has the talent to at least make the championship game.

Trouble is, our coaches are not getting the most and best out of our players.

Jimmy would have Biadiasz and Williams mauling people! He knows how to coach players up and motivate them. Our defense would punch you right in the mouth and then step on your throat.

This fat tub of ish is simply an incompetent extension of our ego maniac, soft in the middle owner.

So we now have to face a multitude of FA leaving, possibly 2 coaches, we are over the cap, and we are drafting at 24. Not to mention the Iggles have 3 first rounders and they just went as far as we did, in spite of us spanking them twice.

The Iowa center comment had nothing to do with you and everything to do with the posts right before mine discussing him. He’s gonna be longggggg gone by the time we make our selection.

Micah Parsons kicked *** yesterday. Don’t just be mad at the 30 other things that went terribly and throw him in there too just because.

Trent Williams hadn’t been knocked off his *** like that since he met prime Demarcus Ware as a young pup back in Washington.

Edited by BigD88

11 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I think it would be great to pair Parsons with another elite talent on the defense at #24. For FA, I would resign Wilson, Anger and maybe Kearse. Everyone else can go. We're probably stuck with Kellen Moore for another season.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m not entirely convinced we have no shot at Tyler. 

Who knows this off hand but was Fred Beard the highest drafted center in the last 30 years? Teams just don’t draft Centers high. 

I’m not either. It’s not a premium position and I’m sure some teams are going to knock his size regardless how well he’s graded.