•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

On 1/17/2022 at 10:31 PM, BigD88 said:

Brisker is the freaking man. He is that dude. We really just don’t see true rangy centerfield guys anymore. And that’s really the only thing missing from his game.

But he’s got good size, good athleticism, good ball skills, is very reliable covering the deep half, really sound tackler and very good in run support. Just a great feel for the game. A flat out football player who is around the ball, doing his job, and making plays.

My only knocks would be he had a lingering shoulder issue all season that would need to be checked during the medicals, and he turns 23 just before draft day due to starting his college career in the JUCO ranks.

Well, after thinking you were a homer on Micah Parsons, and being proven swiftly and embarrassingly wrong, I will learn from my mistakes.

That said, I probably wouldn’t have needed to learn from my mistakes to agree with you on Brisker. I’m a big fan, from what I’ve seen so far.

18 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Well, after thinking you were a homer on Micah Parsons, and being proven swiftly and embarrassingly wrong, I will learn from my mistakes.

That said, I probably wouldn’t have needed to learn from my mistakes to agree with you on Brisker. I’m a big fan, from what I’ve seen so far.

There are a few very solid Safety prospects in the draft this year. 

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Unless something weird shows up in his injury screenings, I don’t think the NFL is dumb enough to let Nakobe Dean slide to #24. Clear NFL star, IMO. If teams let him being a little undersized deter them… we should run to the podium.

Not the same obviously but I do wonder how the success of parsons will elevate the Dean evaluation for teams. 

54 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Unless something weird shows up in his injury screenings, I don’t think the NFL is dumb enough to let Nakobe Dean slide to #24. Clear NFL star, IMO. If teams let him being a little undersized deter them… we should run to the podium.

Not the same obviously but I do wonder how the success of parsons will elevate the Dean evaluation for teams. 

I feel like we’re talking about JOK again. Dean probably is a little stronger, but from there I believe they’re much the same player.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he slides. Maybe not to 50s, but I don’t think he lands inside top 15 either. 

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I feel like we’re talking about JOK again. Dean probably is a little stronger, but from there I believe they’re much the same player.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he slides. Maybe not to 50s, but I don’t think he lands inside top 15 either. 

Teams were concerned about JOK’s back, iirc. I hope he does fall. But man, if your defensive coordinator can’t figure out how to use this guy, find a new DC.

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can see teams searching for the next Micah, but I don’t think they’ll look at Dean that way. Just such different players, and not nearly the potential as an edge rusher.

42 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Teams were concerned about JOK’s back, iirc. I hope he does fall. But man, if your defensive coordinator can’t figure out how to use this guy, find a new DC.

I can see teams searching for the next Micah, but I don’t think they’ll look at Dean that way. Just such different players, and not nearly the potential as an edge rusher.

Am I crazy? Or was Parsons not used as a rusher at all at Penn? @Scoundrel

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Am I crazy? Or was Parsons not used as a rusher at all at Penn? @Scoundrel

He wasn’t used a lot, you are right. But he certainly had the size, athleticism, etc. Cowboys themselves said they had him graded as the highest rated pass rusher.

The point I’m trying to make is that, when teams go looking for the next Micah, potential at edge rusher is going to be a big part of that. Dean can occasionally be a really effective pressure player, but doesn’t have the size to live on the edge the way Micah can. Teams aren’t going to look at him and think “maybe he can be the next Micah”.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

With Quinn returning, I’ll be surprised if we spend a bunch of premium picks on defensive players. If I had to guess, we’ll use a top-100 pick on a linebacker, and the rest will be offense.

If Dean is there, I’d strongly consider drafting him.