•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

On 2/14/2022 at 3:26 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Wondering out loud if you could get #31 from the Bengals for La’El. 

I’d do it, but I have a feeling 31 would probably be too high in their eyes. He hasn’t had a very good two year stint with the injuries and the suspension.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:04 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Update: I like! 

Please be sure to understand that he’s likely a Safety at the NFL level. He played all over the secondary at Michigan, and I love the guy. I think he’d be a ROCK STAR FS in the NFL with the occasional lineup at slot CB.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Please be sure to understand that he’s likely a Safety at the NFL level. He played all over the secondary at Michigan, and I love the guy. I think he’d be a ROCK STAR FS in the NFL with the occasional lineup at slot CB.

Will be interested in how this shakes out, as I think he could project at CB given his length and athletic ability. Just a lot to like about what he brings to the table. Byron Jones athletic ability, with hopefully better ball skills

Edited by WizardHawk

22 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I entirely agree.

Reading the scouting reports was a very different experience for me than my feelings after watching him.

The scouting reports talk a lot about his strength in the box. And, yeah, he is a surprisingly good box player for someone his size.

Watching him, I felt like they played him in the box so much, mostly because he’s usually the best athlete on the field and wreaks havoc in the college game. But when you do see him play as a deep safety, he has really good instincts and phenomenal range.

Certainly he can do just about anything on the field (though manning up on the leagues best TEs might be a little tough for him). But the potential he has as a true FS is really exciting, IMO.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, WizardHawk said:

Will be interested in how this shakes out, as I think he could project at CB given his length and athletic ability. Just a lot to like about what he brings to the table. Byron Jones athletic ability, with hopefully better ball skills

He doesn’t really have the ball skills, though. That’s why I feel that he projects better at Safety than CB. He’s going to test off the charts at the combine, which is going to cause a number of teams to fool themselves into thinking he can play CB at the NFL level when he really can’t.