•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I think Zion Johnson has firmly positioned himself ahead of Green and Linderbaum. Excellent numbers across the board.

I don’t know about “firmly ahead”. I don’t think he’s quite as good on film as those guys. But he’s an excellent prospect. I’ve been saying this for a while—Zion Johnson is easily worthy of pick #24.

25 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Oh? Ahead oh TL?!

I’m becoming more convinced that Linderbaum’s size issues aren’t something to brush off. I love his game, but I think he’s going to have a hard time keeping his weight up, and his lack of length definitely can’t be fixed. I’ll still be super excited if the Cowboys take him. But I can’t blame someone for having Green or Zion (who are both specimens) over him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m becoming more convinced that Linderbaum’s size issues aren’t something to brush off. I love his game, but I think he’s going to have a hard time keeping his weight up, and his lack of length definitely can’t be fixed. I’ll still be super excited if the Cowboys take him. But I can’t blame someone for having Green or Zion (who are both specimens) over him. 

How close do you see this to Aaron Donald as a prospect? He was viewed as undersized but his frame let him grow. 

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How close do you see this to Aaron Donald as a prospect? He was viewed as undersized but his frame let him grow. 

I don’t know, I’m not convinced Linderbaum’s frame will allow him to grow a lot. Those OL come out of Iowa pretty well baked. Linderbaum is short in stature and length.

Also, with Donald, he had a few things going for him. For one, he tested as a freak, even with his size limitations. We’ll see if Linderbaum can match. And second, you can hide a DT with a great pass rushing skill set. In a worst case scenario for Donald, you could have schemed him into an impact interior rusher. But a center goes out there every down. And if he can’t hold up with Fletcher Cox or Jonathan Allen because of his physical limitations, then he’s going to get picked on.

Again, I’m a huge fan of Linderbaum. One of my favorite prospect to watch, and would be thrilled to have him. But I don’t have much concern over whether Zion or Green will get bullied in the NFL… they won’t.

27 minutes ago, Northland said:

Jordan Davis killing it.  4.78 in the 40.  Very nimble, quick, and agile in the drills.  Not bad for a 340 pounder.  His stock will rise.

Absolute freak. He turned himself into a no-brainer top-25 pick with this performance.

Devonte Wyatt, too. ~Fletcher Cox

https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=21042&p2=9916&pos=

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1