•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

I understand the drive for safety but I've been real happy for the most part with our safety play.  Unless a Polamalu type or Ed Reed drops to us I say you just don't get the value drafting a safety in the 1st round you would almost any other position except TE.   Thus right NOW I say OT if I had to pick would be my choice.  2nd round replace LVE.... 3rd round I wouldn't mind a safety type 4th round TE. This is  my way way too early. I will wait tell April to start looking at names after the FA is over.

21 hours ago, quiller said:

I understand the drive for safety but I've been real happy for the most part with our safety play.  Unless a Polamalu type or Ed Reed drops to us I say you just don't get the value drafting a safety in the 1st round you would almost any other position except TE.   Thus right NOW I say OT if I had to pick would be my choice.  2nd round replace LVE.... 3rd round I wouldn't mind a safety type 4th round TE. This is  my way way too early. I will wait tell April to start looking at names after the FA is over.

You might be picking between OT7 and S2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Why does everyone want OT? We have 3 good ones. Tyron and Collins have missed time and we haven’t missed a beat. What else do you want RB? WR? 

rd1 OT

rd2 RB

rd3 WR 

I think most people would argue against the idea that going from Tyron Smith to a Nsheke/Steele timeshare hasn’t impacted the offense.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think most people would argue against the idea that going from Tyron Smith to a Nsheke/Steele timeshare hasn’t impacted the offense.

I think most people would argue that Steele has done a great job in their absence. Many were calling for Collins to be moved inside when he came back

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think most people would argue that Steele has done a great job in their absence. Many were calling for Collins to be moved inside when he came back

Yeah, Steele has been great depth. Exactly what you could hope/want from a swing tackle. But at LT, he is literally in a timeshare with Nsheke because they don’t completely trust him in pass pro. That’s a step down from what Tyron has given you over the past decade, no matter how you slice it.

You asked why people want an OT. They see the writing on the wall for their All-World left tackle, and aren’t quite comfortable handing over the permanent keys to Steele. Maybe you do, and that’s fine. But it’s clearly a much more reasonable position than wanting a 1st round runningback.

40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, Steele has been great depth. Exactly what you could hope/want from a swing tackle. But at LT, he is literally in a timeshare with Nsheke because they don’t completely trust him in pass pro. That’s a step down from what Tyron has given you over the past decade, no matter how you slice it.

You asked why people want an OT. They see the writing on the wall for their All-World left tackle, and aren’t quite comfortable handing over the permanent keys to Steele. Maybe you do, and that’s fine. But it’s clearly a much more reasonable position than wanting a 1st round runningback.

You draft a OT in round 1 there’s a very good chance he’s OT4 on our depth chart. Maybe OT3. Not really what I want from a first round pick. 
 Now if he can play OG that’s another story. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You draft a OT in round 1 there’s a very good chance he’s OT4 on our depth chart. Maybe OT3. Not really what I want from a first round pick. 
 Now if he can play OG that’s another story. 

I agree. I probably wouldn’t take an OT that’s not an immediate starter, either in a Tyron retirement or starting off as a guard. That doesn’t stop me from being interested in finding one that can be.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. I probably wouldn’t take an OT that’s not an immediate starter, either in a Tyron retirement or starting off as a guard. That doesn’t stop me from being interested in finding one that can be.

Obviously we are going to be picking late in round 1 regardless of how we finish barring a trade up. That’s usually not a great spot to get the drafts best OTs, but we should have several of the top interior linemen otb.  

34 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I want a monster DT. Russell Maryland 2.0.

If you think this defense is good now, umph!

Rounds 2 thru 6

2nd: RB

3rd: OT

4th: S

5th: K or LB

6th: OL

You’re not happy with Gallimore, Ogi, Watkins and Bohanna?  

DT is for once way down the list of priorities imo. That’s not to say I wouldn’t be interested in anyone of the Georgia DTs

I can't nail down exactly what direction I would go in but here is a list in no particular order of positions I would consider addressing in round 1:

LT - it's a position that ranks pretty high when one looks at a hierarchy of positions on the team.  Smith is not getting any younger and is missing time.  I would rather be proactive than reactive with this spot.  Again depends who is on the board.

Pass Rusher - whether it's an end or LB another player who can rush the passer would elevate this defense even more.  A LB may be a need if we are walking away from LVE.  Another solid LB could be for Parsons what Banks was to Taylor.  Match up nightmare.

C - pipedream if for some reason the young man from Iowa were to fall.  I would rush the card to the podium.

DT - A big athletic DT would always be welcome.

S - don't know if one will be worthy of taking at our spot in round 1 but time will tell.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

You’re not happy with Gallimore, Ogi, Watkins and Bohanna?  

DT is for once way down the list of priorities imo. That’s not to say I wouldn’t be interested in anyone of the Georgia DTs

I like them. They're doing a nice job. But what if any of them were as good at that position as Parsons or Diggs is at theirs?

Whoa!