•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

16 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

🤔 why?

Bring in a another young stud who is like Lamb..  how does Lamb feel, how does Gallup let alone Coop who just recently wondered about his usage. I can see all three not 'happy' they brought in another 1st rounder who needs to be "the man".   Three works mostly, because Gallup not trying to be No 1.   But really we have two No 1 and already some cracks as Coop showed not happy recently.   Sure you can manage Coop and Lamb but add a third to the mix and I would imagine problems.   remember No 1 type receivers have very high ego's that is what makes them No 1...  

Hmmmm  trading 1st round is not something I normally am on board with but next year that has some merit especially as we will be picking a late 1st not a total guarantee of picking a elite type talent who is a immediate starter.

My take last year on drafting Parsons, most here who didn't want him thought he was over hyped and not the BPA, and would crash and burn.

Edited by quiller

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Bring in a another young stud who is like Lamb..  how does Lamb feel, how does Gallup let alone Coop who just recently wondered about his usage. I can see all three not 'happy' they brought in another 1st rounder who needs to be "the man".   Three works mostly, because Gallup not trying to be No 1.   But really we have two No 1 and already some cracks as Coop showed not happy recently.   Sure you can manage Coop and Lamb but add a third to the mix and I would imagine problems.   remember No 1 type receivers have very high ego's that is what makes them No 1...  

Hmmmm  trading 1st round is not something I normally am on board with but next year that has some merit especially as we will be picking a late 1st not a total guarantee of picking a elite type talent who is a immediate starter.

My take last year on drafting Parsons, most here who didn't want him thought he was over hyped and not the BPA, and would crash and burn.

You have to treat your players as professionals, not toddlers.

42 minutes ago, Northland said:

Nakobe Dean is a very impressive player.  He and Parsons would wreak havoc.  He will be long gone before we pick though.  That being said re the draft I am leaning towards how do we make our defense even more imposing?

Trading up for Kyle Hamilton would be nice...

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Nakobe Dean is a very impressive player.  He and Parsons would wreak havoc.  He will be long gone before we pick though.  That being said re the draft I am leaning towards how do we make our defense even more imposing?

Dean would be helpful, as would Jordan Davis.

14 hours ago, quiller said:

My point of BPA vs position wasn't that many on HERE thought Parsons was BPA, rather McShay or Kiper had Parsons listed as Best available remaining.

With that in mind, and our history of taking Lbs not working out too well, I'm sure many on here loathed the pick. 

The reference to BPA was our fan base was worried that the draft experts were selling Parsons as BPA and that the Cowboys may bite.

While at the same time still reeling from just missing out on Surtain, because many on here think CB or S should be taken in the 1st round every year.

I've had this debate for years, almost every year.

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

My point of BPA vs position wasn't that many on HERE thought Parsons was BPA, rather McShay or Kiper had Parsons listed as Best available remaining.

With that in mind, and our history of taking Lbs not working out too well, I'm sure many on here loathed the pick. 

The reference to BPA was our fan base was worried that the draft experts were selling Parsons as BPA and that the Cowboys may bite.

While at the same time still reeling from just missing out on Surtain, because many on here think CB or S should be taken in the 1st round every year.

No, the reason many of us (myself included) loathed the pick was because Parsons was an off-the-ball LB with raw skills and serious character issues. We all knew that he’d be the best athlete on the field every time he set foot on it, because that was the case every game he played at Penn State. If he didn’t have the character issues, many of us (myself included) would have welcomed the pick, especially since DBs are massively overrated. 

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think he meant to trade up for him. Adding Hamilton would be nice, just not at the price it will take.

Ah. Got it. Thanks for the clarification. You know how I generally feel about trading up for players, and how pi$$y I get when they’re DBs.

9 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Cowboys aren’t building their draft board off of Kiper hype. This is wild. I really think you are the only one who views the BPA vs Need debate through this lens.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No, the reason many of us (myself included) loathed the pick was because Parsons was an off-the-ball LB with raw skills and serious character issues. We all knew that he’d be the best athlete on the field every time he set foot on it, because that was the case every game he played at Penn State. If he didn’t have the character issues, many of us (myself included) would have welcomed the pick, especially since DBs are massively overrated. 

I'll go along with that.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is such an illogical complaint to me. Posters spend a lot of time understanding the prospects. There’s no debate about “should we focus on a player of need, or should we just hope Dallas picks the top guy on Mel Kipper’s draft board?”

The Cowboys are making determinations on this themselves, with no care for what Mel Kiper has to say.

Exactly. As an example, over the years, you and I (among others) have spent a very long time watching games studying players with the various forms of information available to us, and we base our opinions on that. I’ve never seen you or anyone else I respect and trust base an opinion on what someone like Kiper says.