TNF Week 8: Miami (4-2) @ Baltimore (3-4)

cddolphin

Winner?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2017 at 12:25 AM

6 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Gtfo?

You are aware of what is deemed to be battery and assault and so forth right?

If somebody gets In your face, and your reaction is to grab them by the neck and try to throw them backwards, and the cops are involved, you're going to jail 99% of the time. It's not "being extreme".

Which is an Example of there being too many laws lol. 

6 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Gtfo?

You are aware of what is deemed to be battery and assault and so forth right?

If somebody gets In your face, and your reaction is to grab them by the neck and try to throw them backwards, and the cops are involved, you're going to jail 99% of the time. It's not "being extreme".

I don't know where you live but I'm glad I don't live there.  If someone gets in my face, I can shove them back and not worry about going to jail at all, assuming it wasn't a woman or a child or something ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, if all you receive is a shove backwards for getting in my face, you should consider yourself lucky.  There's no sense in getting in someone's face if you're not ready for a fight.  An argument is one thing, but keep your distance.  

I'm not defending Suh though, in all honesty, he probably should be in jail anyway, for things he has done that we have and have not seen him do.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Don't you know, defenders are supposed to be able to react literally instantaneously and break the laws of physics to stop the momentum of their 225lbs+ bodies. Especially on a 3rd down scramble.

I'll be interested to see if he's fined or suspended this week.

How about he just jump over Flacco? I've seen a million other players do that.

pf6lK1M.jpg

Flacco is clearly on his butt. He's given himself up. Alonso has two yards to figure out a way to avoid hitting him. We see defenders avoid hits on plays like this every week. Alonso made no attempt to slow down, he lowered his strike-zone, and he went right after Flacco's head. It's clear here what happened.

If it was so impossible to pull off because Flacco slid late, why was #90 able to do it?

26 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't know where you live but I'm glad I don't live there.  If someone gets in my face, I can shove them back and not worry about going to jail at all, assuming it wasn't a woman or a child or something ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, if all you receive is a shove backwards for getting in my face, you should consider yourself lucky.  There's no sense in getting in someone's face if you're not ready for a fight.  An argument is one thing, but keep your distance.  

I'm not defending Suh though, in all honesty, he probably should be in jail anyway, for things he has done that we have and have not seen him do.

If you grab someone by the throat and shove them backwards, you've broken the law. The cops may or may not enforce it (that's discretionary), but you are at risk of going to jail if you live anywhere in America.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Alonso has two yards to figure out a way to avoid hitting him.

That's one accurate way to put it. Another is "He has 1/16th of a second to make a conscious decision about how he's going to re-route his 230lbs body moving around 18mph in an appropriate direction to avoid a specific type of contact with another large person who is still in motion".

41 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Man you are so scary!

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

That's one accurate way to put it. Another is "He has 1/16th of a second to make a conscious decision about how he's going to re-route his 230lbs body moving around 18mph in an appropriate direction to avoid a specific type of contact with another large person who is still in motion".

Better known as a routine play in the NFL. Here's Myles Jack going over the top to avoid getting a penalty when Goff slid just as late as (if not later than) Flacco:

PxeLQ6f.jpg

v3xClbS.jpg

mWDoNOo.jpg

Alonso didn't try to pull off. He tried to go right after the QB's head. And we all know why. Stop making excuses for a dirty play.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If you grab someone by the throat and shove them backwards, you've broken the law. The cops may or may not enforce it (that's discretionary), but you are at risk of going to jail if you live anywhere in America.

There are many things technically against the law thats not going to get enforced.  Hell, Buzz Aldrin punched a guy for getting in his face harassing him.  The incident was caught on camera and no charges were filed, due to him being provoked.  You may be expected to give a warning, but if the guy doesn't back off I seriously doubt there are many cops that are gonna take you to jail for shoving the guy.

And honestly, you shouldn't be able to get in someone's face and harass them and not expect a reprisal.

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

A shove is one thing. A choke is another. Like everything there is a line. If a guy gets in your face, and you take a swing, most of the time you are going to be the party deemed in the wrong. Now if he pushes you and you take a swing that's another thing. But then it's an escalation thing if you get in someone's face, he pushes you, then you take a swing, it's sort of justa  natural progression and the other guy can be the one considered taking the initial provocation.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Better known as a routine play in the NFL. Here's Myles Jack going over the top to avoid getting a penalty when Goff slid just as late as (if not later than) Flacco:

PxeLQ6f.jpg

v3xClbS.jpg

mWDoNOo.jpg

Alonso didn't try to pull off. He tried to go right after the QB's head. And we all know why. Stop making excuses for a dirty play.

Alonso was already in a full sprint right before that.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

A shove is one thing. A choke is another. Like everything there is a line. If a guy gets in your face, and you take a swing, most of the time you are going to be the party deemed in the wrong. Now if he pushes you and you take a swing that's another thing. But then it's an escalation thing if you get in someone's face, he pushes you, then you take a swing, it's sort of justa  natural progression and the other guy can be the one considered taking the initial provocation.

If you take reasonable steps to avoid confrontation and the guy is still in your face, you should be able to take action.  If you get in a cop's face and ignore warnings to back off you're gonna get handcuffed and skull drug to the back of the cop car.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

If you take reasonable steps to avoid confrontation and the guy is still in your face, you should be able to take action.  If you get in a cop's face and ignore warnings to back off you're gonna get handcuffed and skull drug to the back of the cop car.

Yeah but that's a cop. A lawyer will eat that up with two average Joe's. "You're honor I don't see a statute that says assault is legal if you yell in someone's face". 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Yeah but that's a cop. A lawyer will eat that up with two average Joe's. "You're honor I don't see a statute that says assault is legal if you yell in someone's face". 

If they really want to prosecute you, they'll find a way regardless of what you do.  Like I said, in the Buzz Aldrin case, no charges were filed due to him being provoked.  I know Buzz Aldrin is a famous guy that (almost)everyone likes and no one wants to prosecute, but my point is he punched a guy for getting in his face and prosecutors did not file charges.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I keep reading that Flacco should have slid sooner. Flacco has just as much time to slide sooner as Alonso has to avoid the contact. Yet we're expected to believe that both guys running at speed and only one of them, the guy who's the worse athlete, is the one who's able to adjust his trajectory to avoid collision. I don't like either player or either team but it's funny how two guys running and only one of them we're to believe is able to avoid contact.

Archived