TNF Week 8: Miami (4-2) @ Baltimore (3-4)

cddolphin

Winner?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2017 at 12:25 AM

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Although, Lewan was flagged.  That was their point.  That Jensen and Suh should have been flagged and neither were.  They said the refs just kind of gave it up there.

You can say Kiko's hit was over-the-top and he should have been able to pull up...but I don't think he should have been ejected.  

I just meant that B Will was that version in terms of how he sets the tone on the front lines.  Which is where everything starts.  

I think they didn't flag them because it would've just been offsetting on Jensen and Suh.

37 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Kiko should get 3 games for that.

Shazier (also has a history) did the exact same thing to Kizer week one, may have even been more blatant and was fined 35K or so but not suspended. I don't see how this could be any different.

31 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

If you pause at 1:01 here, you can see Kiko CLEARLY saw Flacco sliding BEFORE he made contact, then he lowered his helmet and went FULL FORCE on a sliding Flacco... there is no way anyone can defend this

I paused it and watched it at least 30 times. It looks like they both were going down at near the same time. If anything Kiki's shoulder and head start going down a fraction of a second after Flacco's knees starting buckling. At that speed it's so close I'd probably just chalk it up to Kiko being too far gone and Flacco pushing that play a little further than he should have. And if that was a running back it wouldn't even be an issue. It all happens in less than a second and you can tell Kiko's going at full speed. 

Even slowing the video down to 1/4th the speed it still looks unbelievably close to the point where I'd give Kiko the benefit of the doubt. 

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Shazier (also has a history) did the exact same thing to Kizer week one, may have even been more blatant and was fined 35K or so but not suspended. I don't see how this could be any different.

I didn’t see the Shazier hit, but if it’s anything like what Kiko did to a QB giving himself up, there’s got to be something more than a fine to deter these types of damaging hits. 

Being that this happened on TNF, it will be discussed heavily tomorrow and the league will have to act like they give a crap about concussions by dropping the hammer on Kiko. That’s my guess. 

6 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

I didn’t see the Shazier hit, but if it’s anything like what Kiko did to a QB giving himself up, there’s got to be something more than a fine to deter these types of damaging hits. 

Being that this happened on TNF, it will be discussed heavily tomorrow and the league will have to act they give a crap about concussions by dropping the hammer on Kiko. That’s my guess. 

Flacco gave himself up literally about half a second before the it and he still had a verticle base about 2 yards and change before the hit. He should have given himself up earlier if he wanted to avoid a hit. Kiko should have maybe kept his base higher to avoid a collision. But once you're running past the line of scrimmage as a QB you have to give yourself up before anyone is within  7 or 8 yards of you. It's pretty obvious Flacco was more concerned looking for the first and waited way longer than he should have to start sliding.

Archived