Mike Mayock's recent comments

NYRaider

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Going to a new system with new players, not having Wagner (truly one of the best LB's in the NFL) next to him will hurt.

You can come up with all of the excuses you wan't but the fact remains that there was no interest in Wright for months into FA, he's 32 years old and is not only physically declining but also declining statically and signed for a measly 3 million.  

We're going to run almost the exact same system as Seattle and he played for Bradley. Littleton should thrive in this system, he was one of the best LB's in the league withe Rams. 

Clowney signed a 1 year deal very late in the off-season last year, is he washed or does he suck?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He's a 4/3 SLB.  Plenty of teams still run a 4/3D.  

He played WLB all of his career before last season but moved to SLB after Irvin got hurt. There are only a handful of 4-3 OLB making big money because most teams only have 2 LB's on the field the majority of the time and non-pass rushers really just don't get paid like that. 

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Tackles are useless. Whitehead lead us in tackles. Only player with 10+ tackles for loss and passes defenses. Don’t tell me he’s washed.

Why did he sit on the market for months and sign for 3 million? 

It is pretty clear that no other GM's viewed him as an upgrade over what they had on the roster or else he would have been signed.  

Months on the FA market with zero interest and he signed for a paltry 3 million.  That is what other NFL GM's think of our savior LOL 

I don't think that KJ Wright is burnt toast yet. That said, I do think he's being a bit overrated here. He was once one of the best at what he does, but that's not a guarantee. I think Raiders fans would understand that by now. 

Some GMs probably see him as over the hill. Some probably see him as too old to sign only because they already have someone with more tread left. Then there's cap space, scheme fit, etc. GMs aren't necessarily a monolithic bloc. 

Overall, I see his signing much how I saw signing Lorenzo Alexander, though with a bit more to offer. He's a solid vet who still has some talent and should help elevate the baseline quality of the defense, but he's not going to be around more than a couple of years at most. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why did he sit on the market for months and sign for 3 million? 

It is pretty clear that no other GM's viewed him as an upgrade over what they had on the roster or else he would have been signed.  

Months on the FA market with zero interest and he signed for a paltry 3 million.  That is what other NFL GM's think of our savior LOL 

You thought “crab legs” was done too…

24 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't think that KJ Wright is burnt toast yet. That said, I do think he's being a bit overrated here. He was once one of the best at what he does, but that's not a guarantee. I think Raiders fans would understand that by now. 

Some GMs probably see him as over the hill. Some probably see him as too old to sign only because they already have someone with more tread left. Then there's cap space, scheme fit, etc. GMs aren't necessarily a monolithic bloc. 

Overall, I see his signing much how I saw signing Lorenzo Alexander, though with a bit more to offer. He's a solid vet who still has some talent and should help elevate the baseline quality of the defense, but he's not going to be around more than a couple of years at most. 

I agree that i don't think he's done but he's physically on the decline.  He has lost a step but is a smart and savvy LB who does present an upgrade over what we had.

I also agree that most fans on here are completely overrating him.  

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You thought “crab legs” was done too…

Put a yellow jacket on the guy after one game LOL. You can't be serious thinking a player is back after 1 game but after all I would expect nothing less from you, someone who has a limited football understanding and spews nonsense all day on here.  

Are also you saying Rogers is washed up and Josh Allen isn an average QB after yesterdays performance?  I couldn't make up this trash if i tried SMH

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Put a yellow jacket on the guy after one game LOL. You can't be serious thinking a player is back after 1 game but after all I would expect nothing less from you, someone who has a limited football understanding and spews nonsense all day on here.  

Are also you saying Rogers is washed up and Josh Allen isn an average QB after yesterdays performance?  I couldn't make up this trash if i tried SMH

Green Bay's D looked worse than Capers' last few seasons, and Rodgers played DILLIGAF all day (including that amazing press conference after). 

Winston looked good against a team that played like they wanted to lose. 

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

When’s the last time carr had 5 tds? I’ll wait….packers still have pretty good cb’s 

rogers lol clearly doesn’t want to play lol

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Green Bay's D looked worse than Capers' last few seasons, and Rodgers played DILLIGAF all day (including that amazing press conference after). 

Winston looked good against a team that played like they wanted to lose. 

Rodgers is one very odd dude for sure....... i guess you could describe him as obtuse 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Rodgers is one very odd dude for sure....... i guess you could describe him as obtuse 😁

I'd love to have him here, but not with Gruden. That would end horribly, imo. 

He needs to play for a D-minded HC that gives him a ton of leeway. He and LeFleur coexist well enough, but I don't buy for a second that his gripe is solely against GB's FO. 

The list of O-minded HCs he could likely coexist with is pretty short. Arians and Payton are probably it. I don't think he'd even get along with McVay despite probably setting all sorts of records in that system. 

One thing I've come to know about him is that he has one of those weird "respect = wisdom" mentalities that can make people difficult. He's not opposed to acknowledging a superior, but it 100% has to be proven to him beforehand. Even his interaction with DeChambeau at the golf thing was.....odd? He wasn't necessarily confrontational, but I saw him crack more jokes with Mickelson. 

His performance yesterday was like I play Madden just to make someone else happy even though I really don't want to. I pick a play and of it works, yay. If not, whatever. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that i don't think he's done but he's physically on the decline.  He has lost a step but is a smart and savvy LB who does present an upgrade over what we had.

I also agree that most fans on here are completely overrating him.  

Who is overrating him? He's a good player. He doesn't need to be a pro bowler to be a big upgrade.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:04 AM, Jerry said:

Just saying out loud what everyone already knows.  The guy has missed on almost every first round pick.  Only excuse is if Guenther said "these are my guys" and we drafted them and they all didn't pan out because Guenther is a rube.  We'll see what happens.  I think we have the potential to put it all together to become a playoff team this year.  Just need to go out there and deliver on both sides of the ball.  Stay relatively healthy at key positions and I think we can make the playoffs.

Stop blaming Guenther.  Mayock and Gruden are the guys in charge, if they let Guenther pick whoever he wanted (which I highly doubt), that's their fault and responsibility.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who is overrating him? He's a good player. He doesn't need to be a pro bowler to be a big upgrade.

@NCOUGHMAN Was telling me that he is one of the best LB's in the NFL.  That is vastly overrating him.  

I'm pumped up to see what we have tonight.  I hope all of the Gus Bradley hype is legit.  Tonight will be the first test.

I'm also excited to see how the WR's play.  We need Edwards and Ruggs to step up. 

It should be an interesting game against a difficult D. 

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Stop blaming Guenther.  Mayock and Gruden are the guys in charge, if they let Guenther pick whoever he wanted (which I highly doubt), that's their fault and responsibility.

I never said it was Guenther.  Just saying that's the only valid excuse but I doubt it as well.  Mayock sucks at drafting in the first.  We all know that now.