2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

33 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Normally but this one is even more insane...Ryan Leaf 😂🤪

IDK. I kinda feel like he would at least be entertaining. Should know a ton about football even if he was a bad layer, and just enough crazy to always stay entertained (part of why I enjoy the Ryans when I see them). How has he done?

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

IDK. I kinda feel like he would at least be entertaining. Should know a ton about football even if he was a bad layer, and just enough crazy to always stay entertained (part of why I enjoy the Ryans when I see them). How has he done?

Him saying Rodgers was late on and made a bad throw was pretty funny 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Adams has stared at the Packers' bench after every single one of his tackles. No flags in sight

After an INT now, he made the Rodgers' championship belt motion over and over, jumped in the crowd and waved at the fans. No flags in sight still

The difference between "taunting" and "celebrating" is personal bias more than anything. NFL won't admit it but its true.

I understand not standing over a player like Edwards, but officiating is a joke when it comes to their little witch hunts. Just gives the officiating crew an easy rallying point to adjust games as needed, because "its a focus for the league" when they do it.

• Like 1

Belichick and Patriots are so well coached.

Night and day from Bears.  They are fundamentally sound.  They build something from offseason through season.  They have a defense and offensive system that is adjustable week to week within their system.  They understand what it takes to produce a team.   

I would argue their team is less talented than Bears as a whole or equal because Belichick makes a lot of bad draft picks.

But you can't argue with his coaching ability and how he gets most out of his coaches as well.   When they have talent they win.   Cleveland is stacked with high end athletes and talent and they are falling apart because they do like Bears do.  They flail about without over arching goals and development hoping for their superstars to take over games.  

Mac Jones is not a better football player than Fields.   He is good, but he would be failing for Jets or Bears right now and the know it alls would be saying I told you he was a low ceiling bust.   He is better coached.   

Go back and read the SF threads.  They wanted no part of Jones.  He was a laughing stock.  They wanted Fields.  SF media did as well.  

I know so many Belichick ACs have failed an McDaniels failed in Denver, but I would totally take a chance a Josh McDaniels to run my program and pick his own GM to work with.

I say that with cavaet that I would want to do background on him and talk to himself.   I am making a lot of assumptions based on circumstance.

I want what they do there done here, but with better drafting overall.

• Like 2

So I am watching Broncos Eagles last night.  

Broncos are outplaying them but has some tough calls go against them and are behind.   Close game though.  

Teddy throws a pick.  CB breaks on return and heads right toward Teddy.  Easy tackle.  Teddy passes.  

Really bad look in a close game.  I get that people say QBs shouldn’t make tackles and get hurt.   But in a close game on a CB.   Bad look.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

So I am watching Broncos Eagles last night.  

Broncos are outplaying them but has some tough calls go against them and are behind.   Close game though.  

Teddy throws a pick.  CB breaks on return and heads right toward Teddy.  Easy tackle.  Teddy passes.  

Really bad look in a close game.  I get that people say QBs shouldn’t make tackles and get hurt.   But in a close game on a CB.   Bad look.

Oh yeah and the local media noticed it as well.

• Like 1