2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

What Ruggs did was beyond horrific.  There's zero excuse to drive drunk.  Hell, there's zero excuse to get that drunk to begin with.  If you want to drink, know your limit and don't exceed it.  That woman was 23, she was still young and her life was cut very short because Ruggs drove drunk.  That's very sad to hear.

There’s not even an excuse to drive that fast while sober.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

As far as Rodgers is concerned, if you don't get vaccinated and you get covid, don't come crying to me, you brought that on yourself.  Did he get any of his teammates infected?  I hate the packers, but I don't wish the players ill either. 

This whole situation just shows how much of an arrogant ******* Rodgers really is.

I'm not so much concerned whether he's vaxed or not, but more so that he lied about it and thinks he's above the rules.  What a prick!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This whole situation just shows how much of an arrogant ******* Rodgers really is.

I'm not so much concerned whether he's vaxed or not, but more so that he lied about it and thinks he's above the rules.  What a prick!

Apparently he wanted the NFL to accept "homeopathy" as an acceptable way to generate antibodies.  I'm picturing Rodgers rubbing himself with crystals and just, like, assuming that his body would know he could really use some viral antibodies.   Imagine paying someone that much a year and then having him miss X weeks because he's a hippie dip****.  

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, topwop1 said:

He misled media which I wouldn't have done, but he never lied to team or NFL.  They require proof of vaccination anyway so he couldn't have even if he wanted to.

I understand motivation for misleading media.  Look how how they act toward people who aren't vaccinated.   

I mean who got worse treatment and more scorn this week from media Rodgers or Ruggs?

Even GB fans are pooping on him.  It is incredibly divisive issue and definitely is part of political divide.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, CBears019 said:

Honestly, NFL player or not, if you’re going out clubbing/drinking you know you’re going to be spending a fair amount of cash.  You can’t put $20-$30 to the side for that ride home?  

True......but you can't get that Uber ride up to 156 mph.  😠

Under other circumstances I might call it a horrible mistake.  But in this case I'll just call it what it is.  Vehicular Manslaughter.

Two lives wasted over a minute of sheer stupidity.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, topwop1 said:

This is my take on it as well but then not all that surprising.  Who but Aaron Rodgers would have been let off the hook with his answer to an earlier question about his vaccine status.  His answer was "I'm immunized".  A smart reporter like a lawyer would have responded with "that's not what I asked you".  "Please answer my question".  The bottom line is Rodgers was intentionally evasive if not simply an outright liar.

Whatever penalties the NFL would normally assess any other player should also be assessed against Rodgers.  I'm tired of living in a world where people get to break rules and laws and expect not to be held accountable for it.  MLB and NFL football are no longer our national pastime.  Cheating and lying are.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, soulman said:

This is my take on it as well but then not all that surprising.  Who but Aaron Rodgers would have been let off the hook with his answer to an earlier question about his vaccine status.  His answer was "I'm immunized".  A smart reporter like a lawyer would have responded with "that's not what I asked you".  "Please answer my question".  The bottom line is Rodgers was intentionally evasive if not simply an outright liar.

Whatever penalties the NFL would normally assess any other player should also be assessed against Rodgers.  I'm tired of living in a world where people get to break rules and laws and expect not to be held accountable for it.  MLB and NFL football are no longer our national pastime.  Cheating and lying are.

I guess in his McAfee interview he said something like "had someone asked a follow up when I said I'm immunized I would've been more specific." Riiiight. Guy is an a**hole and it's no wonder everyone inside that building has hated him for a decade

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I guess in his McAfee interview he said something like "had someone asked a follow up when I said I'm immunized I would've been more specific." Riiiight. Guy is an a**hole and it's no wonder everyone inside that building has hated him for a decade

Keep going back and forth between finding it hilarious that he is working under the impression that homeopathy is going to dial up some antibodies, to finding it infuriating that he's jumped right ahead to the "mad about people being mean to him," I guess he's an offensive player so assumes that's the best defense? He's in great shape so should be fine, but imaging being the teams 75 year old towel guy and finding out this guy's been faking it. 

• Like 1

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Keep going back and forth between finding it hilarious that he is working under the impression that homeopathy is going to dial up some antibodies, to finding it infuriating that he's jumped right ahead to the "mad about people being mean to him," I guess he's an offensive player so assumes that's the best defense? He's in great shape so should be fine, but imaging being the teams 75 year old towel guy and finding out this guy's been faking it. 

Also

"medicinal clay"

That is all. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Rodgers is a major league narcissist.  Having spent four years plus and running dealing with the biggest narcissist on planet Earth they aren't that hard to spot are they?  That response is all part of the game their twisted minds play.  They're arrogant manipulators with little or no conscience and can also be bullies and control freaks when it suits them.  But get mad at them or point out their phuc'd up behavior and you're being "mean to them".

What an F'n laugh.  Their egos can't take it.  They're all as shallow as a puddle on a rainy day.

• Like 2