2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

GB is way over the cap and Rodgers is an UFA in 2023 as his deal voids and he can't be tagged.   (price for keeping him happy this year).   

He would need to be resigned.  He is 38 years old and may retire at any moment.  

What is his trade value now and to whom?

It may not be crazy amount that Packers fans think it will be.   I think his value was much higher last year pre-draft and they didn't pull the trigger.   

I think Packers may also wait too, because they ostensibly want him back.  I think Lafluer really does.   But teams may make other plans while they are waiting.

I mean list isn't that big anymore.   Off top of my head its Denver, Miami, Washington and Pittsburgh?  I don't think New Orleans could afford him, but maybe.

I think Browns took Bakers 5th year.  Atlanta maybe?  I think GB would rather die than let him go to Minnesota.   

Where would Rodgers be willing to go is another question.

On the second play, the Bills put themselves in no man’s land. Even out of a timeout, they found themselves in a weird cross-breed of prevent while also playing closer to the line than they had been. They had linebacker Tremaine Edmunds backed up in coverage, but for some reason, Matt Milano was closer to the line and moved over toward Edmunds’ side of the field. As cornerback Levi Wallace was trying to push everything inward, there was a clear weakness in the Bills’ zone, and Kelce spotted it from a mile away.

“It’s a pretty common defense in a situation like that. The defense is trying to take away the sideline throws and they’ll kind of give you more of the seams. And they’re soft and off, so you can get a head start,” Kelce said. “I just told (Mahomes), right before they called a timeout, I’m probably not going to run the route that is called — I’m just going to run to the open area.”

Kelce ran to the open area between Edmunds and Wallace, with Milano caught closer to the line of scrimmage, and went for 25 yards. Mistake No. 3. Three strikes and they’re out.

Me-That is just smart football by Kelce.  Frickin really smart.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

GB is way over the cap and Rodgers is an UFA in 2023 as his deal voids and he can't be tagged.   (price for keeping him happy this year).   

He would need to be resigned.  He is 38 years old and may retire at any moment.  

What is his trade value now and to whom?

It may not be crazy amount that Packers fans think it will be.   I think his value was much higher last year pre-draft and they didn't pull the trigger.   

I think Packers may also wait too, because they ostensibly want him back.  I think Lafluer really does.   But teams may make other plans while they are waiting.

I mean list isn't that big anymore.   Off top of my head its Denver, Miami, Washington and Pittsburgh?  I don't think New Orleans could afford him, but maybe.

I think Browns took Bakers 5th year.  Atlanta maybe?  I think GB would rather die than let him go to Minnesota.   

Where would Rodgers be willing to go is another question.

Rodgers is almost untradeable with his political views. Many teams simply cannot trade for him based on the backlash they would receive.

He's gonna make nice with Green Bay, or he's gonna retire.

It sure has been interesting to watch the "Athletes need to shut up and dribble" crowd react to this developing situation.

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Rodgers is almost untradeable with his political views. Many teams simply cannot trade for him based on the backlash they would receive.

It sure has been interesting to watch the "Athletes need to shut up and dribble" crowd react to this developing situation.

IDK. Political views arent much of an issue IMO, people care about winning, all the political views are fluff. If Kaep was a good QB he would have been getting massive contract offers. Same for Tebow. Baggage comes in all types of forms and winning absolves about all of them. If you're not good enough to warrant the following then you're not re-signed and no one wants to deal with you.

Rodgers threw for 4K yards, 37 TDs and 4 INTs. Most teams have never had a season like that and would absolutely take their chance for the right price. Look how many franchises have been in QB purgatory over the last 10 years.

Personally I couldn't care less about his political opinions. Him, LeBron, Kaep, Ditka, whoever. They all have their right to speak freely on it regardless of being pro or anti-whatever, but if I'm going to look for someone who is going to give calculated, thoughtful views on politics then I'm going to look to someone who is likely far, far more educated on the subject and significantly less biased than most of the athletes we see. Or listen to intelligent but biased views and produce my own views from said points. When I want to see a football, basketball or baseball game I won't be looking at political analysts, chefs, or musicians. They are more than their specialty but there is little outside of that specialty I care about.  lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Maybe I just want to talk myself into him self-excorsizing this off season, but I think it takes a team about five seconds to get over Rodgers being a dingbat in his personal life. For good or ill, Kaep was a different time and people had a far more violent reaction, aside from the clay eating Rodgers noise is a lot more in line with what many of the execs probably feel anyway. If he gets the broncos over the top I think they'll happily look the other way if he opens a crystal shop in the parking lot. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don’t think he is as radioactive as you are supposing.

The country was and is sharply divided over Covid vaccine policy, efficacy, origins, treatments, etc. and many didn’t like mandates and/or the NFLs version of it.  Most players didn’t like it.  There are polls saying so.

Someone famously said no one I know voted for Nixon I think it was, but it could apply to any president.   It applies to issues too.

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I'm not so sure about that. He would be perfectly fine in Pittbsburg, Denver and and probably New Orleans. People care more about ability rather than political views.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Rodgers is 46+ cap hit and Cousins is 45 cap hit this year.

Like 22% of the cap.  

Bears schedule is going to be way easier next year as well.

Should be interesting.

Packers home opponents next year: Rams, Pats, Titans, Cowboys

Road: Bills, Eagles, Bucs

Oof

Interesting that Quinn is a hot candidate and Fangio is hot garbage.   Are their resumes so different?

Quinn did go to a superbowl - but how much credit goes to Shanahan for that season?

Quinn had some of best offensive talent in league for years and did little with it outside of Shanahan and years and his defenses often stunk.

I mean Pederson isn't really mentioned much and he won a superbowl with Foles filling in for Wentz and Wentz has been mostly garbage without Pederson as well.

Bowles had to be a head coach in NY and has been outstanding outside of there.  

Not arguing for any of them, just weird who is considered a viable retread and who isn't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Interesting that Quinn is a hot candidate and Fangio is hot garbage.   Are their resumes so different?

Quinn did go to a superbowl - but how much credit goes to Shanahan for that season?

Quinn had some of best offensive talent in league for years and did little with it outside of Shanahan and years and his defenses often stunk.

I mean Pederson isn't really mentioned much and he won a superbowl with Foles filling in for Wentz and Wentz has been mostly garbage without Pederson as well.

Bowles had to be a head coach in NY and has been outstanding outside of there.  

Not arguing for any of them, just weird who is considered a viable retread and who isn't.

Right, and Shanahan isn’t coming with. Nor Ryan/Julio/Ridley. 

• Like 1