Week 2: Jaguars v Broncos - Here we go again huh?

.Buzz

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Not really expecting much from this game I just hope to see a clean game from Trevor with no turnovers. It’s a winnable game I just don’t see the Jags winning because they can’t provide suitable pass to disrupt the QB on a consistent basis regardless of what Cullen says about having the 4th highest pressure rate in the league when Tyrod was looking like an early MVP candidate.. not to mention the undisciplined play it just doesn’t clean up overnight. Broncos will probably win 24-17. 

I'm remaining optimistic.   Bridgewater is mobile, but not quite in Taylor's class.  I think we can get some pressure as long as we aren't getting gashed by the run.  They are also without Jeudy,  which benefits us.  Additionally it's a second straight east coast trip for them , a 1pm start, and supposed to be hot and muggy...should benefit us.

Offensively, the Giants, who supposedly have one of the worst o-lines, handled their pass rush pretty well.  Running will be tough sledding early, but if we can  stick with it, the game conditions may open things up as the game wears on.

I think we get control of the penalties and win a close one behind a decent day for Robinson.   Jags 20, Broncos 17

11 hours ago, Charles said:

I'm remaining optimistic.   Bridgewater is mobile, but not quite in Taylor's class.  I think we can get some pressure as long as we aren't getting gashed by the run.  They are also without Jeudy,  which benefits us.  Additionally it's a second straight east coast trip for them , a 1pm start, and supposed to be hot and muggy...should benefit us.

Offensively, the Giants, who supposedly have one of the worst o-lines, handled their pass rush pretty well.  Running will be tough sledding early, but if we can  stick with it, the game conditions may open things up as the game wears on.

I think we get control of the penalties and win a close one behind a decent day for Robinson.   Jags 20, Broncos 17

Horrible is a stretch, if anything he is fine which means we should be in the game until the end. We shouldn't get blown out unless they just murder us on the ground(which is definitely possible)

Considering how poorly we played with drops and penalties, we definitely CAN win but I dont expect it. 

Just wild to think about last game. Tyrod finished with what, 290 yards? 160-180 of it came on 3 random YOLO throws. We held their running backs to under 4 yards per carry (Ingram on 26 carries came in at like 3.1). We *apparently* came in 4th in all of the NFL in pressures week 1.

It’s just so frustrating. 

47 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just wild to think about last game. Tyrod finished with what, 290 yards? 160-180 of it came on 3 random YOLO throws. We held their running backs to under 4 yards per carry (Ingram on 26 carries came in at like 3.1). We *apparently* came in 4th in all of the NFL in pressures week 1.

It’s just so frustrating. 

I think people would be more willing to write off those deep shots as a potential anomaly if we didn’t also get killed by deep shots and guys playing the ball in the air poorly in the preseason too. 

• Like 1

Anyway, this should be the best home field advantage the team has all year. It’s supposed to be quite hot and extremely humid, maybe some rain. The Broncos are making their second straight east coast trip, it’s at 1pm. If we can’t convert this to a win, it’s assuredly going to be a long, long season.

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

I think people would be more willing to write off those deep shots as a potential anomaly if we didn’t also get killed by deep shots and guys playing the ball in the air poorly in the preseason too. 

Yeah I’m not even viewing it as an anomaly. Just hilarious more than anything. We would be the team to have the above happen and still manage to give up almost 40 points.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I want a win so bad. For this streak to end and so people will shut up for a week about Urban.

Wish I had any feel at all for this team. We see week 1 to week 2 make a team look drastically different but this organization makes it difficult to expect any such thing happening.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Wish I had any feel at all for this team. We see week 1 to week 2 make a team look drastically different but this organization makes it difficult to expect any such thing happening.

I think we pull this one out tbh. I don’t expect us to look as unprepared as we were last week. I don’t expect 4 holding calls in our first four offensive series. 

The chemistry between Trevor and Chark should be better. The crowd should play a factor. And most importantly, I expect a heavy dose of J-Rob and Hyde. Should setup a couple of PA shots deep.

We will see how the coaching staff/players respond to that abomination week 1.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

but this organization makes it difficult to expect any such thing happening.

Man, if that ain’t the truth. If this was any other team, you could still have some hope. But a decade of this being the norm, I’m not sure how you look at what the team did week one and don’t go “here we go again.”

I always felt like even if everything went right, this team was probably going no better than 8-9. And if things don’t go right — like say a first round pick missing the entire season — this could easily be a 5 max win team. And then the showing week one reaffirms that 5 wins is probably the ceiling and about 3 is what we should expect. So it’s real easy to hit the panic button right out of the gate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I think we pull this one out tbh. I don’t expect us to look as unprepared as we were last week. I don’t expect 4 holding calls in our first four offensive series. 

The chemistry between Trevor and Chark should be better. The crowd should play a factor. And most importantly, I expect a heavy dose of J-Rob and Hyde. Should setup a couple of PA shots deep.

We will see how the coaching staff/players respond to that abomination week 1.

I like to think you’re right, but that defense is just lethal. Even if Chubb doesn’t play that secondary is no joke and Von looks to be back to his game wrecking self.

I like the matchup more for our defense with Teddy rather than Tyrod tbh, but they also have even better weapons even without Jeudy. I just don’t know.