Sacksonville: The Next Orange Crush/Legion of Boom?

everlong

The Jaguars thus far have compiled one of the most frightening defenses in recent memory.

Their 33 sacks puts them on pace for 75 sacks, which would break the record of 72 set by the 84 Bears.
They currently lead the league in defensive passer rating, 62.3. To put things in perspective, the vaunted 2015 Broncos and 2013 Seahawks defenses finished at 78.8 and 63.4 respectively.
They're one of the youngest teams in the league

Considering we saw the 2015 Bronco's defense carry a zombified Peyton Manning to a Super Bowl, can Sacksonville carry Blake Bortles to one in the future?

EDIT: I don't think they win a Super Bowl this year, my question is do you tihnk they 'll eventually win one with Bortles?

Peyton Manning as a zombie forgot more about NFL offense and defense than Bortles has ever or will ever know, so the Super Bowl is out of the question this year for Jacksonville, but that defense has a lot of youth and a hell of a lot of talent and I wouldn't be surprised if they won a Super Bowl with that formula (top defense, top running back talent) within the next four years. 

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

how about we see if the Jaguars can even make the playoffs first.

Or win a game at home. Lol

The defense has been fantastic when it comes to rushing the passer/pass defense. The fact we can generate pressure with just our front 4 is huge. We don’t really blitz much because of that. The 33 sacks is a credit to both the guys up front and the secondary. Campbell, Bouye and Church have been huge additions to the defense. The best part is this defense is going to stay together for a while it seems like. 

They do have to do a better job at stopping the run, that is for sure. 

Run the ball, play great defense and don’t turn the ball over. That is our recipe.

We play the Bengals, Chargers, Browns, Cards and Colts in the next 5 games. If they don’t take advantage of that schedule, they don’t deserve to make the playoffs.

33 sacks is great, but 25 of those have come in 3 games, and 20 of them in 2. Their pass rush is still great but it's not quite record breaking level on a consistent basis, it's being propped up to that level by a couple monster games, which is how I feel about their defense as a whole. It's pretty damn good overall, but it's not consistently great like you see from the Seahawks and Broncos. While their offensive woes can be blamed for some of the issues, when I've watched the games they've lost, their defense doesn't look the same. It didn't dominate the Jets offense quite like you'd expect it to with the massive talent differential. Gurly had his way with it in the St Louis game. Their pass rush did all of nothing against the Titans o-line.

They need to figure out a way to become more consistent(that's their team, and damn near every team in the NFL at this point though).

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

33 sacks is great, but 25 of those have come in 3 games, and 20 of them in 2. Their pass rush is still great but it's not quite record breaking level on a consistent basis, it's being propped up to that level by a couple monster games, which is how I feel about their defense as a whole. It's pretty damn good overall, but it's not consistently great like you see from the Seahawks and Broncos. While their offensive woes can be blamed for some of the issues, when I've watched the games they've lost, their defense doesn't look the same. It didn't dominate the Jets offense quite like you'd expect it to with the massive talent differential. Gurly had his way with it in the St Louis game. Their pass rush did all of nothing against the Titans o-line.

They need to figure out a way to become more consistent(that's their team, and damn near every team in the NFL at this point though).

The defense gave up 10 points to the best offense in the NFL (Rams) tbh.

20 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just would feel sorry for you guys if you hype up your team like every year, only to see your playoff hopes end like every year

Us Jags fans only get the offseason to be excited. Of course we’re going to take it full tilt when that excitement gets us to the start of week 9 games.

13 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They have 4 new starters from last year to this year and loads of youth littered all over the unit. So, I mean, I dont think its exactly topped out.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

the '84 bears in comparison had 32 of their sacks come in 3 games (9, 11, 12).

That's how you break records like that. Need a couple/few crazy-*** games.

Archived