If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

Todd Downing is an interesting HC candidate. Not quite as seamless, but very he’s had a similar coaching journey as Stefanski. He’s coached multiple position groups, he’s coached under multiple offensive philosophies, and he’s now doing a very good job as the OC with the Titans. 

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Todd Downing is an interesting HC candidate. Not quite as seamless, but very he’s had a similar coaching journey as Stefanski. He’s coached multiple position groups, he’s coached under multiple offensive philosophies, and he’s now doing a very good job as the OC with the Titans. 

Wasn't he with us before?

22 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Is he?  I know he wasn't so hot with the Raiders, which is why he ended up back here as the TE coach for that one year.  I'd like to see him have a little more long-term success as an OC before getting the call.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but even though he's "one of us", I still have lots of questions about whether he's a good coach or not.

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Is he?  I know he wasn't so hot with the Raiders, which is why he ended up back here as the TE coach for that one year.  I'd like to see him have a little more long-term success as an OC before getting the call.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but even though he's "one of us", I still have lots of questions about whether he's a good coach or not.

More long term success means more competition. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice. 

Andre Patterson is destined to become the Vikings next head coach. 

Bud Grant —-> Jerry Burns

Denny Green —> Mike Tice

Brad Childress —> Leslie Friazier

Mike Zimmer —> ???

To keep the pattern alive, the next coach must be one of Zimmer’s current assistant coaches. 

47 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Andre Patterson is destined to become the Vikings next head coach. 

Bud Grant —-> Jerry Burns

Denny Green —> Mike Tice

Brad Childress —> Leslie Friazier

Mike Zimmer —> ???

To keep the pattern alive, the next coach must be one of Zimmer’s current assistant coaches. 

Please, no. Pllleeeaaaasssseeee NOOOOOO!!!! MAKE THE BAD MEN STOP!!!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I wonder if Doug Pederson and Kyle Shanahan could coexist?

Would be very interested in Pederson. I thought Shanahan had job security for at least a couple of seasons with the Lance selection. Something going on there? I know he likes Cousins a lot.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Something going on there?

The 49ers look like a complete mess. Even worse than what the Vikings look like. 

Shanahan has 5 years left on his contract, so I really don’t expect him to get fired. But he’s one pace to finish with 6 or fewer wins this season, which would be 4/5 seasons with double digit loss seasons. Tough to keep your job with performances like that. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

The 49ers look like a complete mess. Even worse than what the Vikings look like. 

Shanahan has 5 years left on his contract, so I really don’t expect him to get fired. But he’s one pace to finish with 6 or fewer wins this season, which would be 4/5 seasons with double digit loss seasons. Tough to keep your job with performances like that. 

Why would we want him then?