EDGE rushers

lark25

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

33 is the threshold for some teams. Pretty sure Andy Reid has stated 34 1/4 arms before in his eyes if I remember right. Fairly certain Rhule stated Slater was a guard too based on measurements.

Im kinda happy Reid doesnt have to deal with that anymore. He seems pretty happy and content eating cheeseburgers and letting the GM worry about arm length lol.

Also the starting RT for the chiefs for most of the season had 33 3/8 arms. He was a guard who started due to injury, the original starter, Lucas Niang, did in fact have 34 1/4 lol.

• Like 1

Any Florida fans remember what James Houston looked like as a reserve LB? If his proday measurements/testing is legit he could be a very intriguing LB/EDGE hybrid with explosive jumping numbers and arm length (36"?!) for a guy that is 6'1 230lbs. I could see the Pete Carroll 4-3 Under types looking at him as a Bruce Irvin if his LB days showed at least NFL talent so he would be versatile as a rusher and occasionally dropping back into a zone. I don't know if I'd want him at LEO or SLB, but I think SLB with wide 9 looks when it's passing situation like early couple year Khalil Mack. That length is crazy on his frame if real. I am really interested in what he looked like as a LB at Florida though if anyone has insights.

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

Arm length is a factor, but probably like 6th or 7th most important. If your prospect evaluation is down to a measuring contest i got bad news. 

Micah Parsons has 31.5" arms. Guess who was off the charts as a rookie?

2 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Arm length is a factor, but probably like 6th or 7th most important. If your prospect evaluation is down to a measuring contest i got bad news. 

Micah Parsons has 31.5" arms. Guess who was off the charts as a rookie?

Micah Parsons has 4.3 speed and is an outlier. Trust me I am the Parsons Prophet so I know. @Texas_OutLaw7

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Micah Parsons has 4.3 speed and is an outlier. Trust me I am the Parsons Prophet so I know. @Texas_OutLaw7

Then you should also realise hutch is an outlier in terms of his agility and change of direction. I think his build looks a bit odd doing it, but hes got all the other tools.

Wild that some people prioritise arm length over agility, burst, hand usage, intangibles etc. 

Just now, lark25 said:

Then you should also realise hutch is an outlier in terms of his agility and change of direction. I think his build looks a bit odd doing it, but hes got all the other tools.

Wild that some people prioritise arm length over agility, burst, hand usage, intangibles etc. 

He’s so stiff. I’ve loved Hutch for three years ask @rackcs. I’ve broken down his game well before this breakout season as well as analyzed this season obviously. 

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Any Florida fans remember what James Houston looked like as a reserve LB? If his proday measurements/testing is legit he could be a very intriguing LB/EDGE hybrid with explosive jumping numbers and arm length (36"?!) for a guy that is 6'1 230lbs. I could see the Pete Carroll 4-3 Under types looking at him as a Bruce Irvin if his LB days showed at least NFL talent so he would be versatile as a rusher and occasionally dropping back into a zone. I don't know if I'd want him at LEO or SLB, but I think SLB with wide 9 looks when it's passing situation like early couple year Khalil Mack. That length is crazy on his frame if real. I am really interested in what he looked like as a LB at Florida though if anyone has insights.

He actually started a bit at UF. We played him at ILB, and he wasn't good. Played the game with a lot of violence, but he wasn't good at the position otherwise. Made some nice plays on special teams, though.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

I think Hutchinson offers a game that is very similar in nature to Jared Allen. Jared Allen's arm length was . . . wait for it . . . 32 inches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

This is probably his best game at UF (takes over for Ventrell Miller at 1:27; wearing #41):

He also played a lot in this game on defense:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He actually started a bit at UF. We played him at ILB, and he wasn't good. Played the game with a lot of violence, but he wasn't good at the position otherwise. Made some nice plays on special teams, though.

I think Hutchinson offers a game that is very similar in nature to Jared Allen. Jared Allen's arm length was . . . wait for it . . . 32 inches.

And you take that first overall?

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

The answer is yes.

I actually think hes a bit stronger and more developed than JA as a prospect, with arguably a slightly higher ceiling. And yeah JA was an absolute animal and dominated leading sack charts for a while. I think your answer is a no brainer too

3 minutes ago, lark25 said:

I actually think hes a bit stronger and more developed than JA as a prospect, with arguably a slightly higher ceiling. And yeah JA was an absolute animal and dominated leading sack charts for a while. I think your answer is a no brainer too

Yeah, to clarify, I'm referring to NFL Allen, not prospect Allen, with the comparison.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, to clarify, I'm referring to NFL Allen, not prospect Allen, with the comparison.

Ok yes. I could see hutch being a double digit sack guy 1st or 2nd year, although I think itd be tougher in Detroit as effectively he's the dude day 1. Jags put him across from Josh Allen - another dude on that d