EDGE rushers

lark25

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yes

100 percent. Dude is explosive had a 38 vert and looked good in drills, is young and one of the best edge players over last 3 years. I've read some that rate him above hutch and thib.

People are sleeping on him because they think he will run a bad 40. Guess what? It'll be a bit better than expected and really its all tape, mindset, hand usage, 10yd, 3cone, vert, broad

1 hour ago, lark25 said:

100 percent. Dude is explosive had a 38 vert and looked good in drills, is young and one of the best edge players over last 3 years. I've read some that rate him above hutch and thib.

People are sleeping on him because they think he will run a bad 40. Guess what? It'll be a bit better than expected and really its all tape, mindset, hand usage, 10yd, 3cone, vert, broad

He's behind Hutch and Thibs for me. But I'd take him over Jermaine Johnson, as much as I like Jermaine. That's mostly because Karlaftis is a lot younger. I think they're similar caliber of prospects.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's behind Hutch and Thibs for me. But I'd take him over Jermaine Johnson, as much as I like Jermaine. That's mostly because Karlaftis is a lot younger. I think they're similar caliber of prospects.

Yeah thats fair. Probably Edge 3 or 4 for me and id have no issue in top 10.  probably feel more confident in those 2 you mentioned also

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think you break the tiers off pretty easily in this year's class.  Tier 1 is Hutch and Thibs.  Tier 2 is JJ2, Karlaftis, Walker, and Ojabo (pre-injury).  Tier 3 is Ebitiere, Mafe, etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

JJ is so good. If it wasn’t for the age…I think he’d be a top 5 pick. He still should be going in the top 15 though

23 isn’t that old. Plenty of pass rushers still producing into their early thirties. He can give you 8-9 years of production. Hutchinson is only 8 months younger. 34” arms plenty of ways to win on tape including strength a 1.55 10 yard split. I’d take him in the top 5 and feel good about it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

23 isn’t that old. Plenty of pass rushers still producing into their early thirties. He can give you 8-9 years of production. Hutchinson is only 8 months younger. 34” arms plenty of ways to win on tape including strength a 1.55 10 yard split. I’d take him in the top 5 and feel good about it.

Agreed for the most part. The only note is that the age of prospects matters less for second/third contracts and more because older prospects might have dominated due to experience more than raw talent/skill. "Breakout age," a metric for determining when a player first had a standout season statistically stands out as something very predictive of NFL success (lower the better). Its obviously a limited metric and nothing you should draft on solely but just a note as to why age matters to scouts.

17 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

He's my EDGE4 behind Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis. The big thing with age to me is that you're a more physical mature player. I look at a guy like Karlaftis who already has scary power at 20 years old and wonder what he might look like in a few years. 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's my EDGE4 behind Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Karlaftis. The big thing with age to me is that you're a more physical mature player. I look at a guy like Karlaftis who already has scary power at 20 years old and wonder what he might look like in a few years. 

No bend my brother

19 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’ve seen him bend more than Georgie. Not to mention he is under the 33” arm threshold 

That's not saying much. We're in agreement Karlaftis isn't bendy. But neither guy relies on bend to win. I have never heard of a 33" arm threshold and don't remotely care about it.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's not saying much. We're in agreement Karlaftis isn't bendy. But neither guy relies on bend to win. I have never heard of a 33" arm threshold and don't remotely care about it.

Then you’re going to be drafting a few busts