EDGE rushers

lark25

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Cam has a bit more size and power, but I'm on board with that one.

Travon can play at 280+ in the NFL imo. And he has extraordinarily heavy hands. Just needs to learn how to use them better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Travon can play at 280+ in the NFL imo. And he has extraordinarily heavy hands. Just needs to learn how to use them better.

He’s definitely a guy who will either come on toward the end of his rookie year or his second year imo. May have sacks in groupings as he figures it out. Kind of like Jaelen Phillips did this year for Miami but even he had more developed pass rush moves/plans coming out. Phillips had 7 sacks in five games in a early November to early December span.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think upside is the key point here as a pretty good comp if he adds some mass and figures it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lark25 said:

I think upside is the key point here as a pretty good comp if he adds some mass and figures it out.

No doubt. Travon is a riskier pick than Hutchinson and Thibodeaux imo. (Some might disagree on Kayvon based on intangibles, but I think he's a more polished player at this point in time.) But his upside is undeniable. He has a higher ceiling than both if he learns how to maximize his physical gifts. Right now, he's very raw as a pass rusher.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No doubt. Travon is a riskier pick than Hutchinson and Thibodeaux imo. (Some might disagree on Kayvon based on intangibles, but I think he's a more polished player at this point in time.) But his upside is undeniable. He has a higher ceiling than both if he learns how to maximize his physical gifts. Right now, he's very raw as a pass rusher.

I dont think he will ever be competing for most sacks in the league but could be a good rusher, very strong run blocker and a dude that regularly takes doubles and requires game planning around. 

I think Hutchinson or Thibodeaux could realistically be in contention for most sacks as better rushers but may not have the same upside across all phases. Would you agree?

I also don't think I'd have major chatacter concerns with Thib. I think he was silly for comparing himself to clowney because I think he will be better than that but in context he said he really tries to model his game on Von miller but that never gets the headlines.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I don’t know if he has more upside than Thibodeaux. Thibs is probably the most talented player in this class. Just takes plays off and has questionable intangibles.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t know if he has more upside than Thibodeaux. Thibs is probably the most talented player in this class. Just takes plays off and has questionable intangibles.

What games did he take plays off? I've watched two or three of his games so far and haven't seen that. It would be helpful to know for my evaluation of him.

19 hours ago, Trojan said:

How does Travon Walker compare to Yetur Gross Matos?

They don't, two different styles 

I see a mix between Jadeveon Clowney (Elite, super physical vs the run and a developing pass rusher) + Mario Williams (elite physical talent with the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think Thibodeaux is victim of the same overthink as Nick Bosa.  I remember in the lead up to that draft the talk questioning Bosa's love of the game cause he hung it up his last year in college.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Thibodeaux is victim of the same overthink as Nick Bosa.  I remember in the lead up to that draft the talk questioning Bosa's love of the game cause he hung it up his last year in college.

You'd think after watching Bosa and Chase light up as rookies people would put the "opting out is bad" narrative to bed.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You'd think after watching Bosa and Chase light up as rookies people would put the "opting out is bad" narrative to bed.

Kayvon played through injury last year.  I honestly don't get how that translates to questionable intangibles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think part of it is his personality as well. A guy with an “interesting personality” as well apparently is CJ Henderson and look how that has played out.