EDGE rushers

lark25

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Feels like the consensus right now for the top 5 pass rushers is that the tiers are

Hutch/Thibs

Johnson

Karlaftis/Ojabo

Am I reading the room wrong or is this the generally thought of notion

I think it's 50/50 that Walker goes before Thibs right now. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, jebrick said:

I disagree.  Georgia schemed Hutchinson out of plays.  As I pointed out in another thread, they had one vs Salyers that Hutchinson  made him look stupid on an inside move but the QB got rid of the ball on a dump. The Georgia Rt either had a lot of help or they schemed away from Hutchinson. 

This is such a convenient, false narrative. They did not scheme him at all, they ran their normal offense, they didn't scheme Will Anderson the week prior (who is twice the player Hutchinson is) and they didn't do this against Hutchinson, there were several times where he was matched up one on one with the TE alone and got stonewalled, then got stonewalled against #70 with no help and got massacred against Sayler, stop.....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Feels like the consensus right now for the top 5 pass rushers is that the tiers are

Hutch/Thibs

Johnson

Karlaftis/Ojabo

Am I reading the room wrong or is this the generally thought of notion

With the Senior Bowl and Combine in the books I'd say Boye Mafe has cemented himself in the tier with Ojabo and Karlaftis. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Arnold Ebiketie has Yannick Ngakoue written all over him, total sleeper 

Similar size for sure but I think Ebiketie is way more powerful than Ngakoue and is better against the run.  Ebiketie could totally walk tackles backwards and was great in his bull rush last year, Ngakoue is more as speed guy.  Sure Ebiketie is being underrated but it is such a deep class, kind of hard not to drop a little, especially when he did not run the 40, dude has great power for his size no question.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Williams has some other issues, so I'm not sure if it's his ability that's being overlooked, or caution on his personal stuff

I couldn't find any real details, but the charges were dropped. I don't think being arrested should be held against him with that being the case. I'm sure teams will ask about it though.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I couldn't find any real details, but the charges were dropped. I don't think being arrested should be held against him with that being the case. I'm sure teams will ask about it though.

If they are clear on it, I think he'll go in the second or so. 

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Similar size for sure but I think Ebiketie is way more powerful than Ngakoue and is better against the run.  Ebiketie could totally walk tackles backwards and was great in his bull rush last year, Ngakoue is more as speed guy.  Sure Ebiketie is being underrated but it is such a deep class, kind of hard not to drop a little, especially when he did not run the 40, dude has great power for his size no question.

Well I didn't mean to a T, but they both are explosive and undersized but capable of being a starter in the league. I became a fan of his when I was recently at a clinic and had the PSU DL coach show clips of him and how he spoke about him, this guy was an animal.

14 hours ago, Forge said:

If they are clear on it, I think he'll go in the second or so. 

Yeah.. Hitting woman is no good news but female fabrication does exist so it is up to teams to believe in him.   Joe Mixon went in 2nd round despite his background.

Right now, Williams is very prone to hot and cold streak.  He dominated in NFLPA for a week and then showed off his stuff for about 3 days in Mobile.  That is 2 weeks so we don't know whatever or not he stays hot for more than half of a season.

Mid 2nd-Mid 3rd is about right for him, imo.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is such a convenient, false narrative. They did not scheme him at all, they ran their normal offense, they didn't scheme Will Anderson the week prior (who is twice the player Hutchinson is) and they didn't do this against Hutchinson, there were several times where he was matched up one on one with the TE alone and got stonewalled, then got stonewalled against #70 with no help and got massacred against Sayler, stop.....

It's a bit of a narrative that he had some kind of awful game....

18 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

It's a bit of a narrative that he had some kind of awful game....

I'm not sure what this means, I already posted this YouTube months ago so....

You think he had some type of great game? Its not a narrative, it's fact

Edited by MSURacerDT55