EDGE rushers

lark25

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Can there not be a medium?

There absolutely can, but not for me. At the time he was considered a Heisman candidate and the supposed best player in CFB and outside of one play, he was a non factor, you barely knew he was there. It is what it is, this is real life, he didn't play well, its ok, life goes on.

I set my expectations for a guy and when he doesn't live up to it, I call it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Tier 1
Hutch
Thib
Walker
Ojabo
Johnson

Tier 2
Mafe
Karlaftis
Williams

Tier 3
Ebikete
Bonitto
Barno? Haven't watched him, but freaky combine. Probably needs to add 10 lbs

Tier 4
Brandon Smith? 6'3 1/2" 250 with super long arms and great athleticism, but was never really asked to rush the passer.

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Tier 1
Hutch
Thib
Walker
Ojabo
Johnson

Tier 2
Mafe
Karlaftis
Williams

Tier 3
Ebikete
Bonitto
Barno? Haven't watched him, but freaky combine. Probably needs to add 10 lbs

Tier 4
Brandon Smith? 6'3 1/2" 250 with super long arms and great athleticism, but was never really asked to rush the passer.

No MyJai Sanders or DeAngelo Malone?

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm not sure what this means, I already posted this YouTube months ago so....

You think he had some type of great game? Its not a narrative, it's fact

Seems like you've repeatedly brought up several plays and implied it was an awful showing. ...which echos a narrative on several YT uploads. I think it's pretty clear he had an overall solid, not necessarily great, game with just a few lackluster plays. Are you just pointing out some things to critique or do you actually feel it was an overall poor performance from him?

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

and outside of one play, he was a non factor, you barely knew he was there. It is what it is, this is real life, he didn't play well, its ok, life goes on.

I set my expectations for a guy and when he doesn't live up to it, I call it for what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

...ok there's my answer.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Seems like you've repeatedly brought up several plays and implied it was an awful showing. ...which echos a narrative on several YT uploads. I think it's pretty clear he had an overall solid, not necessarily great, game with just a few lackluster plays. Are you just pointing out some things to critique or do you actually feel it was an overall poor performance from him?

My whole point is he was built up to be this game changing type of player worthy of being the #1 overall pick and he failed to live up to the billing and somehow he gets a free pass, it's mindblowing. I get the have the same feeling when I was critiquing Zac Wilson last year for not being mentally ready for the big stage and also getting fat off horrible opponents in a covid year. 

My point is, he got all of the love and accolades for what he did against lesser opponents, yet people get quiet when he does not perform against an elite opponent, I find that extremely disingenuous, it should go both ways.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

33 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My whole point is he was built up to be this game changing type of player worthy of being the #1 overall pick and he failed to live up to the billing and somehow he gets a free pass, it's mindblowing. I get the have the same feeling when I was critiquing Zac Wilson last year for not being mentally ready for the big stage and also getting fat off horrible opponents in a covid year. 

My point is, he got all of the love and accolades for what he did against lesser opponents, yet people get quiet when it comes to the criticism, I find that extremely disingenuous, it should go both ways.

I thought Hutchinson was better than Kwity Paye last year even without the production so....

I'm looking at traits as much or even more than production. He has that prototypical length and size with an elite get off, heavy hands, sound technique, awareness, lateral mobility and a forever motor. That's evident in that game. The biggest knock I see in that one is that he's gotten so lean that he's sacrificed some anchor for quickness. He gets walked back or stalled by good power if he's not using ideal leverage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My point is, he got all of the love and accolades for what he did against lesser opponents, yet people get quiet when he does not perform against an elite opponent, I find that extremely disingenuous, it should go both ways.

Remember that time Hutchinson destroyed Ohio State? Remember him embarrassing Jaxson Kirkland? You're seriously arguing that we should ignore all his great games because he didn't dominate UGA? T.J. Watt had 5 tackles, 0.5 TFLs, and 0 sacks against Ohio State in his final year at Wisconsin. Trash. Aaron Donald had 1 tackle, 0 TFLs, and 0 sacks against Notre Dame in his final year at Pittsburgh. Garbage. C'mon, dude.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Remember that time Hutchinson destroyed Ohio State? Remember him embarrassing Jaxson Kirkland? You're seriously arguing that we should ignore all his great games because he didn't dominate UGA? T.J. Watt had 5 tackles, 0.5 TFLs, and 0 sacks against Ohio State in his final year at Wisconsin. Trash. Aaron Donald had 1 tackle, 0 TFLs, and 0 sacks against Notre Dame in his final year at Pittsburgh. Garbage. C'mon, dude.

You know what, you have a valid point. I applaud your conviction. My stance was UGA this year (are legendarily loaded with talent) is as close to an NFL team as you can get and he was small on the big stage,  that means something to me, it may be a flaw to some but it is what it is.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

26 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You know what, you have a valid point. I applaud your conviction. My stance was UGA this year (are legendarily loaded with talent) is as close to an NFL team as you can get and he was small on the big stage,  that means something to me, it may be a flaw to some but it is what it is.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but for me, one game is one game. Even Aaron Donald can be neutralized every now and then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

i get the 1 game thing.   I would also say that Donald nor Watt were viewed as #1 overall pick in their respective drafts.   so using them as comparison is a touch different

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

i get the 1 game thing.   I would also say that Donald nor Watt were viewed as #1 overall pick in their respective drafts.   so using them as comparison is a touch different

Donald should have been viewed much higher not even using hindsight. Just based on tape and testing. He also had Clowney and Mack in his class.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

No, it's not. The point is in projecting how a guy's game will translate to the NFL. Both Watt and Donald made immediate impacts as rookies and quickly developed into elite players.