EDGE rushers

lark25

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I think part of it is his personality as well. A guy with an “interesting personality” as well apparently is CJ Henderson and look how that has played out.

Counterpoint: Myles Garrett is a nerd who loves dinosaurs and look how that's worked out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I think part of it is his personality as well. A guy with an “interesting personality” as well apparently is CJ Henderson and look how that has played out.

And on the other side, Myles Garrett has an interesting personality.  Really into anime and gaming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Counterpoint: Myles Garrett is a nerd who loves dinosaurs and look how that's worked out

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And on the other side, Myles Garrett has an interesting personality.  Really into anime and gaming.

Being a nerd is not the interesting I was referring to. Everyone’s a nerd. All of you are nerds. Knew a couple guys in the league that were the biggest nerds I ever met. Interesting is overly manic/full of oneself/withdrawn to an alienating level/lack of accountability/etc. any of those would be concerning and more. I tried to use “interesting” to pass less judgement. 

Being a nerd is not the interesting I was referring to. Everyone’s a nerd. All of you are nerds. Knew a couple guys in the league that were the biggest nerds I ever met. Interesting is overly manic/full of oneself/withdrawn to an alienating level/lack of accountability/etc. any of those would be concerning and more. I tried to use “interesting” to pass less judgement. 

Have we seen any of those with Kayvon?

Cause I agree that would be more concerning.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Interesting is overly manic/full of oneself/withdrawn to an alienating level/lack of accountability/etc

I guess I personally don't see that with him at all. But aside from him, La'el Collins even before the "murder stuff" was on a list of people LSU coaches would not talk to scouts about that's had a lot of success in the league.

And tbh, you just described Kyler Murray.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Have we seen any of those with Kayvon?

Cause I agree that would be more concerning.

I’ve never met him. I haven’t spoken to his coaches. I’ve seen talk of full of himself and over confident in his abilities. Rather have a guy myself that is over confident than under confident. Read somewhere (I’d have to look for it) that he said he lagged on some plays to set up others. But there are other ways to counter moves. And that’s over thinking and not sure how many coaches would like that. Might have been the Ray Lewis interview? 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’ve never met him. I haven’t spoken to his coaches. I’ve seen talk of full of himself and over confident in his abilities. Rather have a guy myself that is over confident than under confident. Read somewhere (I’d have to look for it) that he said he lagged on some plays to set up others. But there are other ways to counter moves. And that’s over thinking and not sure how many coaches would like that. Might have been the Ray Lewis interview? 

I’m not saying the guy should be out of the top 10. But I do think it’s unwise to ignore some of the red flags without digging more as a team which I know they all supposedly do. And just passing it off as hey Myles likes dinosaurs. A guy doesn’t put up 27 reps at 254 and have no work ethic. His work ethic is not a big concern for me really looking at everything under a microscope.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Ed Reed acknowledged intentionally running a coverage wrong once to trick Peyton Manning into throwing an INT later on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/belichick-ed-reed-peyton-manning-interception-2019-2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ed Reed acknowledged intentionally running a coverage wrong once to trick Peyton Manning into throwing an INT later on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/belichick-ed-reed-peyton-manning-interception-2019-2

I mean that’s cool. That’s a play by a hall of fame player though. If Kayvon is freelancing and doing that now I don’t know. Might fit into this  talk of full of himself and over confident in his abilities

I mean that’s cool. That’s a play by a hall of fame player though. If Kayvon is  freelancing and doing that now I don’t know.

I thought that was the interview you were referring to. Without being in their training room/coaching staff, it's impossible to say if he's intentionally not giving effort or playing hurt.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jon-gruden-myles-garrett-not-best-player-in-draft-2017-4

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/3/14745070/myles-garrett-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft-breakdown-film-review?scrlybrkr=bb893888

There were "effort" concerns with Myles as well to protect his draft status/stock.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I thought that was the interview you were referring to. Without being in their training room/coaching staff, it's impossible to say if he's intentionally not giving effort or playing hurt.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jon-gruden-myles-garrett-not-best-player-in-draft-2017-4

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/3/14745070/myles-garrett-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft-breakdown-film-review?scrlybrkr=bb893888

There were "effort" concerns with Myles as well to protect his draft status/stock.

Do you think skipping the combine field work because it was a long day is protecting his draft stock?

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Do you think skipping the combine field work because it was a long day is protecting his draft stock?

If he felt like he wouldn't test well and was fatigued because he's not in football shape and/or because of his injury this past year, absolutely. Perhaps it is a sign of more, or perhaps he showed up, hit the bench press, ran the 40, and said "I checked the athletic boxes, I'm done."

Just now, MWil23 said:

If he felt like he wouldn't test well and was fatigued because he's not in football shape and/or because of his injury this past year, absolutely. Perhaps it is a sign of more, or perhaps he showed up, hit the bench press, ran the 40, and said "I checked the athletic boxes, I'm done."

I mean he told multiple people he was doing the whole thing just the day before