EDGE rushers

lark25

On 1/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, Ozzy said:

Travon Walker will have a choice to make, dude was a monster against Michigan and could easily be a 1st round pick if he joins the stacked DE/edge class.  Probably would be smart for him to declare after having such a great season.

I absolutely adore this guy's physicality at the POA, he definitely is a 1st rounder. He will be a perfect 5 tech in an odd front, but can be a base end in an even front and kick inside on 3rd downs. He can even kick inside full time to become a permanent 3 tech later in his career 

13 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Aidan Hutchinson was constantly stalemated against Georgia's OL, why is no one showing concern? I mentioned how good Jamaree Salyers was and that he'd give Hutchinson issues. Salyers is very underrated but he also held his own vs Will Anderson.

Because people overestimated his abilities based off one game and are afraid to backtrack their words. Also, I think Salyer is still a Guard in the NFL but can play tackle in a pinch 

10 hours ago, lark25 said:

Their game plan was built around stopping him and keeping him out of the play, also not the best performance. On balance it doesn't change anything and was exactly what everyone expected.

No NFL team can game plan so much for one dude as the entire D needs respect.

Flat out false take, UGA ran what they wanted to run. They sent an occasional chip on the guy but UGA but ran their offense with little to no regard for either of those ends, you saw on film where they had #86 single blocking him as well as the RT #70 single blocking him. 

The reality of the situation was UGA did to UM what UM did to OSU, which was out tough them and played like they were the superior team and all of that hype surrounding Hutchinson was nullified by an OL that was out to take their souls.

Plus, if you researched, UGA didn't even do that for Will Anderson Jr when they played Bama the first time, what makes you think they were going to do this for Hutchinson? 

Lastly, Hypothetically if they really did come up with this big gameplan for Hutchinson, don't you think Ojabo would have gotten off? this guy didn't even register a single tackle in the game.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, Ozzy said:

Travon Walker will have a choice to make, dude was a monster against Michigan and could easily be a 1st round pick if he joins the stacked DE/edge class.  Probably would be smart for him to declare after having such a great season.

Someone I've started to watch more as a potential Raiders pick.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:21 AM, jebrick said:

I do think Thibodeaux will be #1 in the end.

I read that Hutchinson has short arms and his last tape was pretty underwhelming. Thibodeaux is going to absolutely light the combine up this spring. Plus I think Thibs just seems more so like a Jacksonville type of pick after they've had success with athletic edges that win more so with finesse in guys like Josh Allen/Yannick. While Hutchinson seems to be a perfect fit for what Detroit is trying to build as more of a blue collar, tough, hard nosed football team.

Hutchinson's reported 33" arms are 1/4" shorter than TJ Watt.  Thibodeaux benifits from not ending the season on a bad game that everyone watched.  I think both player could easily be 3-4 OLB or 9 techs. Hutchinson would be better served as a 4-3 DE ( because of his size)

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 12:22 PM, lark25 said:

If you run a 4.7 at 270lbs with a 35 or 36 inch vert and a 6.8s 3 cone that's freaky. Julius Peppers is a freak among freaks.

Id see Hutchinson being a top 3-5 for this class level RAS SParq guy but not a Peppers or Von Miller.

Still very good to borderline elite athleticism plus power, motor and desire is top 5 pick in my mind.

I think I got pretty close, not that it was a revelation 

As an NY Jets fan who hasn't featured an elite Edge rushing talent since dating back to the drafting of #94 John Abraham (2000) of 22 years ago? 

I'm crazed for Kayvon Thibodeaux and starved of a DE with this type of elite athleticism...

Jax = Evan Neal. 

DET = Aidan Hutchinson. 

HOU = Ikem Ekwonu.

Pleeeeasssseeeeee. 

On 1/6/2022 at 11:54 PM, armsteeld said:

Aidan Hutchinson was constantly stalemated against Georgia's OL, why is no one showing concern? I mentioned how good Jamaree Salyers was and that he'd give Hutchinson issues. Salyers is very underrated but he also held his own vs Will Anderson.

I disagree.  Georgia schemed Hutchinson out of plays.  As I pointed out in another thread, they had one vs Salyers that Hutchinson  made him look stupid on an inside move but the QB got rid of the ball on a dump. The Georgia Rt either had a lot of help or they schemed away from Hutchinson. 

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Hutchinson will be a good NFL player, KT has potential to be an All Pro. If a GM passed on KT for him he should be fired.

I think he's got more than All-Pro potential.

I think he's got generational Pass Rushing abilities + a monster against the run.

Kayvon Thibodeaux is one of my favorite pass rushing prospects of All-Time from #1 ranked coming out of High School to feasting in college and now imo worthy of NFL #1 overall pick status (he's lived up to his hype since day 1). 

As a Jets fan I can only hope 3 other GMs are stupid enough to pass on him; because I know @ #4 overall ours won't and Joe Douglas will 100% draft him. 

I'm surprised he even had the heart to line up and play in 2021 because he had more to lose than anyone (on the field) because even before heading into 2021 he was already considered as #1 overall worthy. 

You know who showed no heart before the NFL? Kids like Ja'Maar Chase who quit on his LSU teammates and sat out in order to both avoid injury and protect his 1st round draft pick status (he had no heart and was scared @ LSU of becoming exposed without Joe Burrow) along with Penei Sewell and so many others over the years. 

Kayvon Thibodeaux actually showed me all the 💚 in the world (unlike so many others). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

IMHO, Jermaine Johnson came into this combine as the 1st or 2nd( depending on Thibodeaux be a DE or OLB) 3-4 OLB in the draft.  I think the only question is did someone do enough to pass him.   Overall EDGE players I had him 3rd.

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

IMHO, Jermaine Johnson came into this combine as the 1st or 2nd( depending on Thibodeaux be a DE or OLB) 3-4 OLB in the draft.  I think the only question is did someone do enough to pass him.   Overall EDGE players I had him 3rd.

So you had him higher than most. I was hoping he would stay in 2nd round for the Falcons but now I think they have to go at 8 if they want him. Which makes me sad, I want sauce

14 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

So you had him higher than most. I was hoping he would stay in 2nd round for the Falcons but now I think they have to go at 8 if they want him. Which makes me sad, I want sauce

He’s been in my top 10 before the combine. He’s going to be a very good player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Hutchinson will be a good NFL player, KT has potential to be an All Pro. If a GM passed on KT for him he should be fired.

I'm more curious to see if KT is even the second edge off the board. I think it's all but a lock that Hutch goes before him.