Hot take? (Herbert....)

BigTrav

Herbert will probably improve a bit, but 3 games into a new season is hard to use as convincing evidence. 

He's on pace for about the same amount as TDs and 50% more INTs from last year. Would that be improvement? Why would we even base it on 3 games? He could throw 4 tds a game in that span and "be on pace" for 68. He could have 2 stinkers and "be on pace" for 40 INTs. The sample size is too small. I don't even pay attention to that kind of thing until around the halfway point of the season. 

15 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Herbert will probably improve a bit, but 3 games into a new season is hard to use as convincing evidence. 

He's on pace for about the same amount as TDs and 50% more INTs from last year. Would that be improvement? Why would we even base it on 3 games? He could throw 4 tds a game in that span and "be on pace" for 68. He could have 2 stinkers and "be on pace" for 40 INTs. The sample size is too small. I don't even pay attention to that kind of thing until around the halfway point of the season. 

and how you feel about Carr so far this season?

3 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Herbert as of right now is playing pretty average. He isn't really pushing the ball downfield and that would be okay if he was protecting the ball, but he is about average when it comes to protecting the ball. As of right now I would place him in the Brad Johnson camp. 

😭😭😭 im assuming this is trolling. 

• Like 1

Only saw rookie season highlights, after watching a few complete games this year he reminds me of Favre in the best way. he'll be up there in the conversation as soon as the chargers get to a championship game. Consensus top 5 all of his career when Brady and Rodgers retire, with an MVP and other similar level seasons.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:59 AM, ifeelasleep said:

Only saw rookie season highlights, after watching a few complete games this year he reminds me of Favre in the best way. he'll be up there in the conversation as soon as the chargers get to a championship game. Consensus top 5 all of his career when Brady and Rodgers retire, with an MVP and other similar level seasons.

Favre is an interesting comparison to say the least. I would say Mahomes is probably closer to Favre than Herbert. I don’t know how much of a gunslinger Herbert is. And he definitely stays less emotional than Favre or his predecessor Rivers.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, Xenos said:

Favre is an interesting comparison to say the least. I would say Mahomes is probably closer to Favre than Herbert. I don’t know how much of a gunslinger Herbert is. And he definitely stays less emotional than Favre or his predecessor Rivers.

I look at Herbert as a Marino/Peyton hybrid.