BDL 2021 Week 2 - Anchorage Trappers @ Hungary Hippos

Whicker

Anchorage Trappers @ Hungary Hippos  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Anchorage Trappers
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2021 at 04:00 AM

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

Azeez time for the Trappers. I don't think the Hippos can get enough pressure on Burrow this week so he had time to hit his weapons.

I think you should be starting David Andrews at C though. Ben Jones is JAG.

Anchorage 24 - 17

That was the plan going forward 

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

That was the plan going forward 

I would also recommend rationing the rookie use at receiver and just hoping they do well each week. Boyd and Jones are known quantities and can get you votes. Situational use is fine but relying on them each week will probably be a bumpy road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I would also recommend rationing the rookie use at receiver and just hoping they do well each week. Boyd and Jones are known quantities and can get you votes. Situational use is fine but relying on them each week will probably be a bumpy road.

Yeah considered this also. But it’s so much more exciting for me to write the plans using the rookies. But I do need to rely on the vets more that is true.

Two similarly built teams in terms of talen distribution - I don't think either has any great success getting pressure on the opposing QB, something that is particularly unfortunate for Anchorage given the aggravation of Chubb's injury. Both possess decent if not unremarkable secondaries overall, so the only true defensive difference maker I see is Vea - but as a nose his impact is more to elevate those around him as much as it is to wreck the game himself, and while the rest of Anchorage's D is solid, it's very concentrated on the IDL. 

I think this will ultimately come down to execution in the bigger moments and the experience of Hungary gets them over the line here with Dak and Thielen likely connecting for a big play to seal it. 

• Like 1

So I know I'm not a regular voter anymore, but for the record I absolutely despise when people make the mistake of leaving in previous opponents' teams in their gameplans. I certainly don't expect people to start from scratch every week, but I feel like you can at least put in the effort of giving it a once over and whenever you hit "paste." If I infer that you aren't putting in what I consider the minimum effort, then I extend the same inference onto your players. It doesn't affect this week, but just be sure to note this for future if I'm going to be the tiebreaking vote and also likely a voter in the playoffs.

Close game of course. I think Anchorage put out the superior gameplan this week. Hungary's defense is pretty vanilla in this one, whereas Anchorage is a least showing some variance and some creativity. I also don't know if I really think dinking and dunking plays particularly well with Hungary's receiving corps. However, I do think, overall, Hungary's team is a better football team than Anchorage's with the latter littered with younger guys. 

Considering that the gameplan is a win for Anchorage and that the talent/performance is a win for Hungary, I want to look at the goals of each team in this game and who can achieve them better. Both teams want to slow the game down and dictate pace, and I feel like Anchorage achieves this better. I think if Hungary had just come out throwing the ball and took advantage of a vulnerable secondary and one safety, they would have won. I vote Anchorage 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Hey do I get a win now or what

As the rules stickler I am sure you understand. This is about 14 hours too late.

Ties

-In the regular season, if there is a tie in a game an additional hour of voting to break a tie is added and then if still tied, recording as such. 

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

As the rules stickler I am sure you understand. This is about 14 hours too late.

Ties

-In the regular season, if there is a tie in a game an additional hour of voting to break a tie is added and then if still tied, recording as such. 

Naw I gave up on the rule stickling stuff since none of y’all care about adhering to them. But I knew this wasn’t going to count. Still wanted to see Whickers opinion though as he has great insight.

• Like 1