Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

23 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Seeing the team environment Mac Jones is in with a established organization like the Pats vs what Lawrence, Fields and Wilson is dealing with us why there’s many on the “get rid of the draft” bandwagon. It’d never happen but I always thought it was an interesting discussion even before seeing this year’s rookie QB situations.

God yes it would solve literally every issue. Cause then these dysfunctional crapholes are now incentivized to actually improve internally and do complete structural reevaluations because now you're only rewarded for being bad by having more bonus space to spend, not having your pick of the players you want and forcing them to play there.

But yeah it'll never happen.

20 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ur fooling yourself to think if u had any qb lining up in our very dysfunctional offense doing any better. 

This is a false flag that I see over and over again here

Just because other QBs would also fail in Jacksonville, doesn't mean that Lawrence isn't failing in Jacksonville

They need to fix his situation ASAP or else none of this matters

It doesn't matter if its Lawrence's fault or not. Its a bad season either way

Yeah, not really sure (even with the stench of Watson/BOB) how the dysfunction is even close to the same with the reports coming out recently (and Rapaport and co. saying there’s more coming). Don’t think Culley is allowing that stuff on the building or been part of a legit sabotage of the players and coaches in the building like we saw here.

Cooks is also miles better than any weapon Lawrence has from a receiving option perspective.

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

This is a false flag that I see over and over again here

Just because other QBs would also fail in Jacksonville, doesn't mean that Lawrence isn't failing in Jacksonville

They need to fix his situation ASAP or else none of this matters

It doesn't matter if its Lawrence's fault or not. Its a bad season either way

Don’t think anyone is saying anything different tbh (not LF, zero idea what he’s getting at most of the time).

Think even those of us backing Lawrence realize he’s still leaving a lot to be desired. Just hard to really comprehend how he could do any better given the situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

One qb has a good OC and the other has a a crappy 1

So Darrell Bevell is good? Because under no circumstances within our plane of existence is Tim Kelly a good OC.

The Texans are currently the worst offense... in NFL HISTORY. No team has ever been ranked 32nd in passing and rushing in a single season, but this Texans team is currently in position to do that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So Darrell Bevell is good? Because under no circumstances within our plane of existence is Tim Kelly a good OC.

The Texans are currently the worst offense... in NFL HISTORY. No team has ever been ranked 32nd in passing and rushing in a single season, but this Texans team is currently in position to do that.

I swear I remember LF bringing up Tim Kelly as a HC candidate for the Jags.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The Texans are last in rushing yards but they're not last in passing yards :/

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, not really sure (even with the stench of Watson/BOB) how the dysfunction is even close to the same with the reports coming out recently (and Rapaport and co. saying there’s more coming).

I don't think you've ever read about Jack Easterby:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

I'll take someone kicking me, or calling me a loser over someone calling my mother and telling them I'm up to no good, or having me followed around on my off days and then getting called out in team meetings.

You can say it's not as bad, but it's negligible at worst. Jack Easterby is Bruce Allen-level bad, and nothing is getting out as far as what's going on now - because Easterby did what Meyer wanted to do, he fired everyone who was leaking information (Amy Palcic, Jamey Rootes, Chris Olsen).

Don’t think Culley is allowing that stuff on the building or been part of a legit sabotage of the players and coaches in the building like we saw here.

Did you not see the Texans cutting a legitimate LB in Zach Cunningham? Or trading current leading rusher Mark Ingram for a 7th round pick... in 2024? Or Amy Palcic, who was arguably the best person in the league at her job at the time? Or Rootes, who was employee #2 right behind Bob McNair?

Because if your statement is what you said, then you haven't been paying attention at all. Voices speak up and are immediately kicked out - all access is revoked and the team threatens legal action for any sort of leak following any sort of dismissal. I've heard rumors of NDAs to be completed for severance packages... can't validate it, but I would be surprised.

The upside is you were able to fire Meyer. Easterby? He might as well as be the team owner, ownership goes out of its way to protect him.

Cooks is also miles better than any weapon Lawrence has from a receiving option perspective.

I'll give you this one. I'd counter with James Robinson as a better runner than anyone on the Texans, but I know he was sort of torpedoed by Meyer.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I swear I remember LF bringing up Tim Kelly as a HC candidate for the Jags.

He is ABSOLUTELY horrible. No ands, ifs or buts - if he's in the league next season, it's an example of nepotism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tim Kelly is infinitely better then bevell. 

He's been stuck cuz the lack of talent at the skill guys. 

I mean Kelly got Hyde to 1000 yards rushing....back in 2019

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Tim Kelly is infinitely better then bevell. 

No, no he's not.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

He's been stuck cuz the lack of talent at the skill guys

He had similar results when Deshaun Watson was throwing for 4000/30. The yardage numbers looked pretty but it was still a bottom 30 offense.

Give Darrell Bevell a QB such as Watson and he wins a SB (as he did with Russell Wilson).

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I mean Kelly got Hyde to 1000 yards rushing....back in 2019

...back when Bill O'Brien was calling the plays, you mean.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He is ABSOLUTELY horrible. No ands, ifs or buts - if he's in the league next season, it's an example of nepotism.

If he was so horrible then why did he get blocked for an interview with the jags for the OC role....just last year. 

Kelly isn't the problem with the Texans. The problem is the Texans have pretty much no one on offense. 

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If he was so horrible then why did he get blocked for an interview with the jags for the OC role....just last year. 

Because he was retained because Deshaun Watson liked him - the belief was that Watson would stay if you surrounded him with people he liked - so Kelly was brought in, Pep Hamilton was brought in and David friggin Culley was hired to be a Head Coach, all because Watson was friends with each of them (hell, 3rd string QB Josh McCown was interviewed for the HC gig, because Watson liked him).

Kelly getting blocked had nothing to do with his ability as an OC. It was all part of "keep Watson happy" back when he was asking for a trade and wasn't facing legal issues.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Kelly isn't the problem with the Texans. The problem is the Texans have pretty much no one on offense

So you admit Davis Mills is doing more with less?