Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

When Laquon Treadwell is the best receiver you have on the field, I think it's fair to blame the supporting cast.

When you're putting up comparable passing numbers to Cam Newton in 2020, I think it's fair to place some of the blame on the prospect who was touted to be the next Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

33 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Everyone here understands that Trevor Lawrence (and Zach Wilson, for that matter) was disappointing in 2021.  There is a strong consensus that the absence of talent and coaching around him, not a lack of skill on Trevor's part, is the problem.  If those conditions remain, as is likely with that front office, what does it matter?  It's not like the QB's going to get better, right?

I have been the strongest voice on the forum for years and years calling the Jaguars the worst run franchise in the league. I was saying this when the Browns were in the midst of just coming off of 1-31. And for the last few years, I’ve been calling them the worst team in American professional sports. I understand, as well as anyone, that Shad Khan very likely will continue to fail this entire franchise in every way possible.

It’s a very real concern, and pretty much every Jaguars fan here will acknowledge that to a certain extent. I — for one — am terrified of how we will build the right team around him, and have talked extensively about very specific concerns I have among a large number of topics with this team. I think that’s a fair point of discussion, and I don’t think anyone would be really disagreeing.

It’s much more the whole of everything else being discussed, and the “well other people did okay with a bad situation” that’s being pushed back against. 

• Like 3

I thought Trevor passed the eye test in the few times I watched...just seemed like a rookie finding his way along with a really bad supporting cast. The season itself doesn't tell you a whole bunch if only because you could argue that the range of outcomes for this type of performance is pretty varied; I don't know that this performance is that far off from Matt Stafford's rookie season, but it's also not that far off from Josh Rosen's. 

I think the talent is there, so that is the first part. But now he needs the proper pieces in place around him, and that's not just the players but the coaches as well. You can pass the eye test...have the required talent physically and mentally and ostensibly get ruined by your situation. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Can't get the context from the box scores, plz refer to a 30 second highlight real from an entire season.

Missing the point >>>>>

37 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Then the incomparably stupid decision to spike the ball on third down. Just imagine the public ridicule if that play happens with Urban Meyer still head coach.

This was literally the call from the coaching staff. Had nothing to do with Trevor.

Trevor doesn’t elevate the players around him but yet somehow Laquon Treadwell has had — by far — the best season of his career in much fewer opportunities.

The problem isn’t that Trevor can’t elevate the talent around him, the problem is that the talent he is being asked to elevate is headed by Laquon Treadwell.

• Like 4

quarterbacks being able to "elevate talent" is largely a myth, and in the instances that it does happen it generally takes the form of already-talented skill players playing closer to their potential with a good QB, not scrubs suddenly becoming good because of their QB. we've seen every quarterback under the sun from pat mahomes to tom brady to dak prescott to ryan tannehill look completely lost in games without starting OL, receivers, etc. it might surprise people to hear this, but football is in fact a team sport.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

quarterbacks being able to "elevate talent" is largely a myth, and in the instances that it does happen it generally takes the form of already-talented skill players playing closer to their potential with a good QB, not scrubs suddenly becoming good because of their QB. we've seen every quarterback under the sun from pat mahomes to tom brady to dak prescott to ryan tannehill look completely lost in games without starting OL, receivers, etc. it might surprise people to hear this, but football is in fact a team sport.

Football is a team sport?

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF