Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

32 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

All his fault imo

No one in their right mind is saying “all his fault” lol everyone knows the Jags organizationally are garbage and their team is garbage.

There are other QBs dealing with garbage who haven’t looked this bad though so I’d at least be slightly concerned if I were a Jags fan. I get he’s a rookie so the hope is they build the team around him and he’s able to actually produce, but how much faith do you have that the Jags are going to put a good team around him to make him look better?

We’ve seen quite a few rookie QBs come in and look at the least really promising in terrible situations the past decade or so...if I were a Jags fan i’d expect him to have shown me a little more by now 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

No one in their right mind is saying “all his fault” lol everyone knows the Jags organizationally are garbage and their team is garbage.

There are other QBs dealing with garbage who haven’t looked this bad though so I’d at least be slightly concerned if I were a Jags fan. I get he’s a rookie so the hope is they build the team around him and he’s able to actually produce, but how much faith do you have that the Jags are going to put a good team around him to make him look better?

We’ve seen quite a few rookie QBs come in and look at the least really promising in terrible situations the past decade or so...if I were a Jags fan i’d expect him to have shown me a little more by now 

Literally look at both of those throws lol. He’s shown plenty, whether the box score you’re referencing is poor or not.

I am exhausted.

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

He went 7/11 yesterday on throws 15 + yards, including the two drops by Marvin and Tread. Could have easily ended up with 350 and a TD if they held on. No receiver on this team can make a play for him. We have a OL and DL running routes on a goal-line play..... The whole narrative would be different but it’s still the same he’s only thrown 1 TD in his last 8 games.

Zach Wilson has thrown 3 TD’s in his last 7 games. 3 yard TD pass, 1 yard TD pass and a 1 yard TD pass.

It’s Trevor’s fault the Jags would rather run it on the goal-line rather than pass for a TD? 

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He went 7/11 yesterday on throws 15 + yards, including the two drops by Marvin and Tread. Could have easily ended up with 350 and a TD if they held on. No receiver on this team can make a play for him. We have a OL and DL running routes on a goal-line play..... The whole narrative would be different but it’s still the same he’s only thrown 1 TD in his last 8 games.

Zach Wilson has thrown 3 TD’s in his last 7 games. 3 yard TD pass, 1 yard TD pass and a 1 yard TD pass.

It’s Trevor’s fault the Jags would rather run it on the goal-line rather than pass for a TD? 

Herbert and Burrow have ruined expectations for rookies. 

No one is acting like there hasn’t been poor play from Lawrence or this has been the rookie year we were hoping for. It’s ok to provide context for just how big of a trainwreck has been around him while also wanting more, but apparently it can only be one or the other.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

And Deshaun Watson and Andrew Luck and Mac Jones and I'm sure there are a handful of other rookie QB's who produced recently in their rookie years.

Mac Jones has done a solid job as a rookie, but let’s not put him in the category with others mentioned.

Also, no one said it’s only been Burrow and Herbert, but them doing rare things last year has further pushed immediate expectations on rookie QBs regardless of situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Herbert and Burrow have ruined expectations for rookies. 

No one is acting like there hasn’t been poor play from Lawrence or this has been the rookie year we were hoping for. It’s ok to provide context for just how big of a trainwreck has been around him while also wanting more, but apparently it can only be one or the other.

It seems like Jags fans are the only ones making it “one or the other”.

My post literally said “everyone in their right mind agrees the situation around Lawrence is garbage” before I said anything about how Lawrence could be playing better lol.

• Like 1

I did expect Lawrence to look a little better than he has.  But without help from his WRs and with a HC that may go down as the worst ever, he gets a lot of slack.

But most rookies struggle their first year.  I don't think it really affects expectations for what he'll do in the future.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Shoot, you got us.

Nice response lol.

Me: Jacksonville has absolute garbage around Lawrence, if you don’t see that you’re out of your mind. That being said, if I were a Jags fan, I still would like to see a bit more from Lawrence, like some of the others rookie QBs in bad situations. 

You: HOLLYYYY CRAP MAN WHY CANT PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE PART OF LAWRENCE’S STRUGGLES ARE BECAUSE OF HIS TEAM. WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THAT

lol truly bizarre. but do you 

• Like 2

I think the issues people have are 1) that this thread exists at all as a) it was created September 25th so anything posted in this thread just comes off as trying to pile onto an already bad franchise and hate on someone for who they are (the years of hype) and who they play for (small market punching bag) rather than actually take the time to analyze the play, b) we don't see the same thread for other rookie QBs this season despite the others struggling as well, and c) we literally went through this last year with fans dogpiling on Tua and he's looked much improved the past couple of months; and 2) to be a fan of a team that is perennially bad, it's not a great feeling when fans of annual playoff contenders are trying to tell us how we should feel about anything when they don't have the aneurysm-inducing displeasure of watching the Jaguars every week. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Nice response lol.

Me: Jacksonville has absolute garbage around Lawrence, if you don’t see that you’re out of your mind. That being said, if I were a Jags fan, I still would like to see a bit more from Lawrence, like some of the others rookie QBs in bad situations. 

You: HOLLYYYY CRAP MAN WHY CANT PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE PART OF LAWRENCE’S STRUGGLES ARE BECAUSE OF HIS TEAM. WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THAT

lol truly bizarre. but do you 

Didn’t realize I quoted you in my post regarding providing context.

But hey, if the shoe fits and you take this much offense to the post you quoted, you do you “lol”.

45 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

And Deshaun Watson and Andrew Luck and Mac Jones and I'm sure there are a handful of other rookie QB's who produced recently in their rookie years.

Luck and Jones definitely didn't have anywhere near the same level of individual success early on. They are/were solid, sure, but not the same level. Watson, sure. But Herbert's rookie year in particular was unheard of.

Either way, QBs deserve time to develop. Especially ones on horrible teams.