Jon Bostic coverage update

turtle28

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Sounds like he needs more PT. He must be learning from Troy Apke. 

So glad we have him. Since we punt a lot he gets a lot of play as the gunner.

So instead of the defense giving up a 65 yard drive for a TD, the defense gives up an 85 yard drive for a TD.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Is Jamie Collins an improvement-he's been cut loose . 

No. He's worse than Bostic. I posted this in the How to Fix the Defense thread.

Watch Collins (ILB #8) and how lazy, unaware, and ineffective he is here. And these are just two plays. The Lions got tired of him doing this all the time. Which is why they got rid of him mid-season.

Go to youtube. I know alot  of Bostic hater will love this and rightfully so. Look closely at these coverage's and tell me what you see.  First of all a non extent rush but sometimes the QB is getting the ball out quickly. The depth of the lb.'s. There are huge holes in the coverage's and watch Bostic lo. He really bites on the play action. It is not only Bostic, Holcomb has some issues to. Look how the wr's and rb in the flats are constantly getting open and turning the corners with ease b/c of the lack of speed. . Enormous amount of confusion in zone coverage's causing miss assignments.  Holcomb lack of speed is really getting beat for first downs and TD's. Also watch the safeties. Watch closely, two people are most of the time open. Take note of the huge gap between the lb's and safety at the 2:36 mark. Some of these coverage's people are running around like  headless chickens. The whole back 7 needs speed and everybody on the same page. Hopefully we can address this during the offseason.

Washington Football Team Linebackers are getting torched in coverage 

Edited by 4209

7 hours ago, 4209 said:

Go to youtube. I know alot  of Bostic hater will love this and rightfully so. Look closely at these coverage's and tell me what you see.  First of all a non extent rush but sometimes the QB is getting the ball out quickly. The depth of the lb.'s. There are huge holes in the coverage's and watch Bostic lo. He really bites on the play action. It is not only Bostic, Holcomb has some issues to. Look how the wr's and rb in the flats are constantly getting open and turning the corners with ease b/c of the lack of speed. . Enormous amount of confusion in zone coverage's causing miss assignments.  Holcomb lack of speed is really getting beat for first downs and TD's. Also watch the safeties. Watch closely, two people are most of the time open. Take note of the huge gap between the lb's and safety at the 2:36 mark. Some of these coverage's people are running around like  headless chickens. The whole back 7 needs speed and everybody on the same page. Hopefully we can address this during the offseason.

Washington Football Team Linebackers are getting torched in coverage 

Tell us something we don't know ! Holcomb , I thought came in with a rep for being pretty good coverage L B . He's awful too. His size was the worry .