Jon Bostic coverage update

turtle28

15 hours ago, 4209 said:

Go to youtube. I know alot  of Bostic hater will love this and rightfully so. Look closely at these coverage's and tell me what you see.  First of all a non extent rush but sometimes the QB is getting the ball out quickly. The depth of the lb.'s. There are huge holes in the coverage's and watch Bostic lo. He really bites on the play action. It is not only Bostic, Holcomb has some issues to. Look how the wr's and rb in the flats are constantly getting open and turning the corners with ease b/c of the lack of speed. . Enormous amount of confusion in zone coverage's causing miss assignments.  Holcomb lack of speed is really getting beat for first downs and TD's. Also watch the safeties. Watch closely, two people are most of the time open. Take note of the huge gap between the lb's and safety at the 2:36 mark. Some of these coverage's people are running around like  headless chickens. The whole back 7 needs speed and everybody on the same page. Hopefully we can address this during the offseason.

Washington Football Team Linebackers are getting torched in coverage 

I had seen that before it’s ridiculous how poor our LBs are at awareness in their zones. They don’t have a clue what they’re doing and, they have poor recognition.

Jon Bostic shouldn’t even be playing except on obvious run downs/when team aren’t in the nickel D - if at all. 

Holcomb is calling the D, so he has to be on the field but, he needs to be better. Athleticism/speed isn’t his problem, it’s more recognition in his zone. On the one play in the chargers game he wasn’t even ready for the snap then he got picked which allowed the completion. 

Either Hudson or Davis needs to be on the field instead of Bostic, I can go either way on it. They’re both better in coverage that Bostic & Holcomb, I don’t know how they can review the same plus we’re reviewing and keep trotting Bostic out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Tell us something we don't know ! Holcomb , I thought came in with a rep for being pretty good coverage L B . He's awful too. His size was the worry .

Nah, Holcomb was good vs the run & blitzing, his concern has always been coverage since he was a rookie. I don’t think his size was an issue, his rookie year he weighed in the 230s and the last two years he’s played at 240.

2 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Aww man, I feel awful for him but this is Jamin Davis time, we’ve all wanted it and I can’t wait for it. Plus, when we go w/ 3 LBs that should mean that Hudson should see the field which we’ve all been longing for as well. Thanks for the information Art!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Never wish injury on anyone. That being said, unsurprisingly this is the most addition by subtraction injury we could have had. It also should force Hudson on the field more with Davis and Holcomb. 

The need to bring in another LB is huge. 

Wish we could have added someone like KJ Wright when he was available. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Never wish injury on anyone. That being said, unsurprisingly this is the most addition by subtraction injury we could have had. It also should force Hudson on the field more with Davis and Holcomb. 

The need to bring in another LB is huge. 

Wish we could have added someone like KJ Wright when he was available. 

Is there anyone available we want?  Anyone got a suggestion?

56 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I'd pursue someone that isn't a free agent. At this point we gotta "purchase" for need. I'm not sure who, but I'd be willing to trade any draft pick, that isnt our first round pick, for any of the 3 LB positions. 

49 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'd pursue someone that isn't a free agent. At this point we gotta "purchase" for need. I'm not sure who, but I'd be willing to trade any draft pick, that isnt our first round pick, for any of the 3 LB positions. 

Any former Carolina linebacker’s available? 😂 

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

I'm not sure anyone outside is going to help at this juncture. They'll need what two weeks to clear COVID plus another two to four weeks to get up to speed with the playbook. What they have on the roster and PS now is what they've got.

• Like 1