Week 4 GDT Texans @ Bills: Allen's playoff revenge!

Trentwannabe

Texans CB Desmond King says Bills' Josh Allen is 'not just a pocket QB'

The Last 5:
2020: Bills 19 @ Texans 22 (OT)*
2018: Bills 13 @ Texans 20
2015: Texans 21 @ Bills 30
2014: Bills 17 @ Texans 23
2012: Bills 9 @ Texans 21

The home team has won the last 5 straight in this series. The Texans have won 4 of the last 5 (including the playoffs) and lead the all time series 6-4.

Old faces, new places:
David Culley - Texans first year HC was the Bills QB coach in 2017-2018 including Josh Allen's rookie year. 
Andre Roberts - Texans KR/WR spent the last two seasons in Buffalo in the same position. 
Brian Gaine - Bills current Senior Personnel Advisor was the former Texans GM (2018-2019) and Director of Player Personnel (2014-2016).
Tyrod Taylor - Injured Texans QB Tyrod Taylor was the Bills starter from 2015-2017 and helped break the Bills long playoff drought.
John Butler - Bills current DB Coach held the same position with Houston from 2014-2017.
Taiwan Jones - Current Bills RB and special teams ace Taiwan Jones was on the 2019 Texans team that defeated the Bills in the playoffs. Their winning field goal was set up by a catch and run by Jones. 

Quick Analysis:

Talk about two teams that have gone in total opposite directions since their last meeting. Come Sunday, it'll be exactly 21 months minus a day since the Bills heartbreaking playoff loss in Houston.

Since then, the Texans have won 5 games, fired a HC/GM, had their franchise QB demand to be traded followed by a complete mess of off the field issues and won't ever take the field again for Houston, and now have arguably the worst roster in the NFL.

The Bills on the other hand went to the AFC Championship game last season, developed their franchise QB, acquired a stud WR, have a fantastic HC and GM combo and have arguably the deepest roster in the league. On paper, this game shouldn't be close. Vegas agrees.

Prediction: 

There is talk of this being a trap game from the Bills standpoint with their following two games being in prime time against playoff teams. But I haven't seen anything from this coaching staff or core group of players to suggest that will happen. Can the Bills make mistakes? Yes. Has Houston shown signs of being a scrappy team, specifically on defense? Yes. Do I see the Bills losing this game? Absolutely not.

I just can't see Davis Mills in his second career start with "more on his plate" having much success against this defense. Most of who'm are in their 3rd or 4th straight year together. Even when Allen has an off day the team has shown they can score points. If Allen and the offense play like they did last week, this game will be over during the 3rd. 

Score:
Bills 38
Texans 13

Defense is 4th in yards and 4th in points while the offense is 4th in points and 12th in yards. 

Texans defense 23 in yards and 18 in points.. offense is 22 in points and 24th in yards.

With the idea of a trap game a possibility the numbers just dont add up for them to take this win. While I do not see McD allowing this team to look over them and focus on KC they will be dialed in come Sunday and I expect another big game for Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

I hope we aren't looking ahead to next week and come out and put this one away early. I really hope we have a Trubisky sighting in the 4th quarter and Josh and the starters are sitting on the sideline having a great time spectating. This is such a week to week league, so you never know. My hope is that we take of business and come out of this with no big injuries.

Edited by Billsfaninptown
  • Like 1

How many games have the Bills lost that they should've won with ease? Last year- their only loss that they should've won was against the Cardinals- but even then- the Cardinals were a good enough team to beat any team on any given Sunday. Even going back to 2019- the only loss they should've won was against the Browns who still had a pretty talented roster. 

I think we smoke the Texans, and the game's over by the 3rd quarter. One (of many) characteristics I like about McD is he has this team ready to play no matter the opponent. Effort is rarely (if ever) questioned with this squad, and that starts with coaching. 

I'm thinking a score of 44-13 Buffalo, but it'll go like the Washington game where the O could put up 50+ pts if they continued to be aggressive and left all their starters in. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

I expect another dominant performance. McDermott usually does a pretty good job getting our guys ready to go so I don't really see a "trap" game, especially since Josh got bounced from the Texans in his first playoff game. 

Josh should have another game like last week, have great stats thru 3 but not really need to pass in the 4th. Defense I expect a couple sacks, 2 turnovers and to hold the Texans under 20. 

41-17

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Suffice to say we’re all expecting a big win. 

Come 4pm Sunday, this place could be ugly if we lose 😂

Oh man could you imagine 😅

I think that would justify the biggest upset ever? The Bills are 17 point favorites.. not sure what the biggest upset is in terms of spread. I remember when the Bills beat the Vikings a couple years ago it was like -16 I believe? Either way we better get out of this 3-1 and look ahead to KC. 

My fiancé and I are flying into KC next Saturday and will be at the game. Can't wait but lets take care of this game first. 

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Oh man could you imagine 😅

I think that would justify the biggest upset ever? The Bills are 17 point favorites.. not sure what the biggest upset is in terms of spread. I remember when the Bills beat the Vikings a couple years ago it was like -16 I believe? Either way we better get out of this 3-1 and look ahead to KC. 

My fiancé and I are flying into KC next Saturday and will be at the game. Can't wait but lets take care of this game first. 

I believe we were 16 or 17 point favourites over Miami in 2019 and almost blew that game. Needed a late game INT from Fitz to help seal it lol.