Week 4 GDT - Bears vs Lions

Sugashane

nfl-odds-lions-vs-bears-week-4-predictio

Alright all, battle of the NFC North Disappointments! The 1-2 Bears take on the 0-3 Lions.

Lets do a quick comparison between the teams.

QB - Bears have Justin Fields starting has second game. CLE destroyed him in large part due to simply being far to much for the Bears OL but also because Fields was not taking or seeing the quick throws. Goff has had some great success under McVay but now with DET he has become a dink and dunk champion. While he is not making plays as a franchise QB is expected he is at least protecting the ball.

Advantage - DET, because we have Nagy

OL - Bears have 39 year old Peters starting at LT and Ifedi starting at RT. Both were horrendous last week but have played well the previous week. In all fairness, no one with an IQ over 60 would say those two were going to be able to blanket Garrett and Clowney - so they were put in an unwinnable situation as Nagy refused to help them. Inside the Bears have Mustipher, Whitehair, and Daniels, all of which have had stretches of fair play but rather underperforming. Lions have a damn good OL group. Ragnow is the best OL on either team, Vaitai and Jackson are both roadgraders, Sewell will need some help with the speed of Mack and Quinn

Advantage - DET

DL - Bears are supposed to get Golman back, have Hicks always as a stalwart and has had surprising depth behind a solid starter (Nichols) with Blackson, Hunt, Edwards and Tonga making solid contributions. Mack and Quinn have both played REALLY well so far, both getting in the backfield for the pass and the run. Lions have a decent core but the difference is equal to the OL in comparison, this one in favor of the Bears.

Advantage - CHI

I'm lazy so I'm going to stop there. Not saying Lions are better, just 3 of the most important factors in todays game do favor DET. They have a new HC and the youngest (or one of) rosters in the league so experience makes a difference. We have a few stud players like Smith and they might be missing Flowers.

Prediction - Bears 17-14

• Like 1

As @blkwdw13 said in another thread...I think we win this game the the coaches think everything is right with the world and panic is over...

Spoiler when we come up against an even decent team we will get blown out again...talent wise this team is much better than a lot of teams around the NFL...coaching wise we are by a distance the worst...the more I look at it the more I think Desai got the job because no one else wanted to come here and work for Nagy...the NFL coaching community is tight and when it gets out there that a coach just isn't all that good no one is wanting to attach themselves to that unless they have no other option.  

• Like 2