Fumble Jones visits the Temple of Doom; "Matts GDT's are Fire" - Webby

Matts4313

So when Ryan tackled Prescott last October on a third-quarter designed run, the players’ legs tangling and Prescott landing with one leg awry in what Ryan heard as a “double thud,” Ryan thought: What would Kobe do?

The question returned amid a wave of postgame emotion, Ryan upset not about his own actions or intentions but about the result and any potential financial ramifications Prescott would absorb.

Ryan called his publicist.

Could she mail Prescott “Relentless” and “The Mamba Mentality,” Ryan asked?

“It was bigger than a Cowboys-Giants rivalry to me,” Ryan said. “Something tragic happened that wasn’t fair on nobody’s timing but God’s. I just wanted to keep him encouraged.

“I just wanted him to know: ‘Hey, man: I’m rooting for you.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2021/10/07/dak-prescott-cowboys-logan-ryan-giants-kobe-bryant-michael-jordan/6032004001/

Giants fans seem pretty confident they can come here and win. They still think Cowboys defense is garbage. Guess they have not seen how good Diggs and Parsons have been. As I live in NY and listen to sports radio here most of the fans and sports talk guys think the Cowboys are over hyped by the national media and are not that good. From watching the Cowboys after the first 4 games I think we are legit good. Are offensive line is healthy again and playing well and we got playmakers on defense now. Dak looks better then ever. He’s getting the ball out quick and his accuracy has improved. 

2 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Giants fans seem pretty confident they can come here and win. They still think Cowboys defense is garbage. Guess they have not seen how good Diggs and Parsons have been. As I live in NY and listen to sports radio here most of the fans and sports talk guys think the Cowboys are over hyped by the national media and are not that good. From watching the Cowboys after the first 4 games I think we are legit good. Are offensive line is healthy again and playing well and we got playmakers on defense now. Dak looks better then ever. He’s getting the ball out quick and his accuracy has improved. 

My friend has been doing aLOT of gum flapping and ish talking about this game. But he refused to put money on it. The only thing he would bet on was that Diggs wouldn’t get a pick. He wouldn’t put money on his team to actually win.

I still am not 100% confident in this D yet.  I want to see how we hold up against KC, Raiders Arizona Washington and the Vikings.   Luckily I like our match up with the rest of the teams on our schedule, Giants, NE, Den, AtL, NO, Philly.  Mostly I am worried about our D against the run game, RB and TEs out of the back field and teams with multiple elite deep threats in the passing game. So far we really haven't played a team that has what I consider a real threat at RB.  Giants do so lets see how we handle that aspect.  I am hopping that Osa will handle the middle well enough that Gregory and Parsons then can contain the edge. this year we have given up a few huge holes in the run game.  Everyone seems to think dumping Jaylon will FIX giving up huge run plays but I am not totally confident in that mind set.   

We also should not forget that Brown is a liability in deep coverage which is why I say teams need TWO or MORE elite down field WR's.  In time when DLaw gets back then I will feel better about our pass rush and hope our DL will not regularly give the QB time to throw it deep but right now we still are not in my mind doing a good enough job limiting the QB's time in the pocket on every down.

4 hours ago, cromagnum said:

That's funny, I was listening to Mikey Miss in Philly and he said the same thing. They are of the belief that their coaches need to mature a little and their team is like 1 player away and that Dallas sucks.

I was like, "Do you have amnesia??? Did you NOT see the beat down on national television 2 weeks ago???"

But I guess it's the norm today. The idiotic belief that there is no reality, only perception. If you see it a certain way, it must be true.

27 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

That's funny, I was listening to Mikey Miss in Philly and he said the same thing. They are of the belief that their coaches need to mature a little and their team is like 1 player away and that Dallas sucks.

I was like, "Do you have amnesia??? Did you NOT see the beat down on national television 2 weeks ago???"

But I guess it's the norm today. The idiotic belief that there is no reality, only perception. If you see it a certain way, it must be true.

I was skeptical about this team still am about the coach. If they stay healthy they should win the division and be a threat in the playoffs. There as good as any of the supposed top teams in the nfc.

11 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

I was skeptical about this team still am about the coach. If they stay healthy they should win the division and be a threat in the playoffs. There as good as any of the supposed top teams in the nfc.

We do have to play:

Minn, Ariz, NO

and we already played TB, Car.

At 3 and 1 I would say good as anyone else at this point, but we will find out how good soon enough.

But the 3 games mentioned at the top will be VERY significant in playoff seeding, at least it looks that way right now.

• Like 1

As someone who used to realllly look forward to these match ups with the Giants I’d like to say I’m ready for an intense showdown… except the Giants haven’t been a reasonable threat since the year 2016. I almost feel bad about how badly they are going to get steamrolled tomorrow. Almost. 

(Don’t mean to sound overconfident about the odds of winning, I simply miss the trash talk with their fan base lol)

Edited by NoFlyZone

On 10/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, resilient part 2 said:
2 weeks ago I took Dallas for 1000, and that got me to 1650.. last week put it all in and it got me to 6413, I am going all in with this. If I lose, I only lose my original 1000 in my mind, and I re retire.. ;) 
Parlay (5 Picks)
+354
New England Patriots   WIN
-1.0 (-400)
New England Patriots @ Houston Texans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN 

-1.0 (-450)
Miami Dolphins @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers EPIC Collapse
-1.0 (-150)
Philadelphia Eagles @ Carolina Panthers
Dallas Cowboys
-1.0 (-280)
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens

Total Bets:

Total Stake:
$ 6413.39

Possible Winnings:
$ 22675.12

I just can't do this anymore.. Not the losing part. But to have 29000 dollars almost in my pocket, but then watch Carolina take a 15 to 3 second half lead, watch Sam ******* DARNOLD throw 3 interceptions and then get a punt blocked with 5 min to go, only to lose by 3 is just making watching football unbearable. Had 12 thousand in a sure victory until KC fumbled in FG range is the Football Gods Trolling me to the highest level. 

Edited by resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just can't do this anymore.. Not the losing part. But to have 29000 dollars almost in my pocket, but then watch Carolina take a 15 to 3 second half lead, watch Sam ******* DARNOLD throw 3 interceptions and then get a punt blocked with 5 min to go, only to lose by 3 is just making watching football unbearable. Had 12 thousand in a sure victory until KC fumbled in FG range is the Football Gods Trolling me to the highest level. 

Maybe scale down the $$ amounts so its less stressful?