Week 5: Jets vs Falcons in London

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I don't understand how Wilson is seemingly so bad at the short stuff. It's like he has Kellen Clemens syndrome where he hasn't learned to take a little mustard off the ball. Instead he tries to rifle everything.

He is good outside the pocket. Less defenders and he sees the field better. Not uncommon for a rookie QB. This is why there should be more designed rollouts to get him comfortable. Plus he probably has little confidence in his OL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one else was open man lol did you see the replay. 

Needed a better play call. You have your number 1 receiver running a route that has zero shot at picking up the first. 

This offense has no ability to highlight players. It is so scheme centric that is completely missed the mark or getting the ball to guys with the most talent and best chance to make the play.

Just now, xrade said:

He is good outside the pocket. Less defenders and he sees the field better. Not uncommon for a rookie QB. This is why there should be more designed rollouts to get him comfortable. Plus he probably has little confidence in his OL.

Also doesn't help that LaFluer to seem to be like Gase in that this dude loves deep crossers. We have a rookie QB who can barely keep his feet set on a 3 step drop and we have him going 5-7 back for a most of these plays.

Just now, drew39k said:

Needed a better play call. You have your number 1 receiver running a route that has zero shot at picking up the first. 

This offense has no ability to highlight players. It is so scheme centric that is completely missed the mark or getting the ball to guys with the most talent and best chance to make the play.

I personally hate 3rd down calls with routes that dont go past the sticks but it was 3rd and 10

Just think about this. 

The Falcons have all their WR out too. 

Jets are going to get smoked when they go against the Bills. Wilson will have 8 picks total in those 2 games. 

Like I said before Wilson is going to be VERY close to taking Blanda record for most INT in a season. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I personally hate 3rd down calls with routes that dont go past the sticks but it was 3rd and 10

I agree that you cannot have all the guys run that far down field, but again, why not call a play where Davis is in position to have a chance to pickup the first since he is our #1. Let friggin Berrios or Moore run the underneath route.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Also doesn't help that LaFluer to seem to be like Gase in that this dude loves deep crossers. We have a rookie QB who can barely keep his feet set on a 3 step drop and we have him going 5-7 back for a most of these plays.

I mentioned this in the game thread two games ago. 3 step drop and pass.