OBJ Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Should we move on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consciously uncouple from OBJ?

• Yes, he’s a bum who can eat my shorts.
    • Yes, he may be great, but it isn’t working out here.
    • No, 3 years is hardly enough time to figure this out. Patience is a virtue.
    • Absolutely not, my Baker -> OBJ -> Super Bowl tattoo will pay off shortly.

I'm 100% with @ReggieCamp on this. Give him the Keyshawn treatment and don't let him out the rest of the season so that he can't sign on with another AFC team to hurt us down the stretch.

Then I'm trading him for a bag of used football outside of the conference in the off-season, or just cutting him outright at that point, along with anyone else who wants out.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% with @ReggieCamp on this. Give him the Keyshawn treatment and don't let him out the rest of the season so that he can't sign on with another AFC team to hurt us down the stretch.

Then I'm trading him for a bag of used football outside of the conference in the off-season, or just cutting him outright at that point, along with anyone else who wants out.

Yep. If he wants to play he has to buy himself out of his contract. Pay 4 million if he wants out.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought he looked as fast as ever with prior to his injury.

I mean, ok, but that’s like saying I’m as skinny as ever. (Hint: I’m not skinny)

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he wants and gets healthy I think he could have a big 2nd half of the year 60 catches for 650 yards or something. 

Are those numbers for the whole season or the second half?  

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get this from a fan’s perspective, but I don’t think the players are gonna like that.

All eyes are on the Browns here and if they treat OBJ in a way that players deem unfair, I think that hurts this FO to some degree.

I think most folks can understand why they need to move on from him, but simply holding him “hostage” for these actions is probably a bit much for a lot of guys.  

Not to mention, even if he’s not in meetings, he’s still around these guys.  Keeping him at home only makes this fester.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get this from a fan’s perspective, but I don’t think the players are gonna like that.

All eyes are on the Browns here and if they treat OBJ in a way that players deem unfair, I think that hurts this FO to some degree.

I think most folks can understand why they need to move on from him, but simply holding him “hostage” for these actions is probably a bit much for a lot of guys.  

Not to mention, even if he’s not in meetings, he’s still around these guys.  Keeping him at home only makes this fester.

This is why I said a few days ago they needed to understand the concept of a sunk cost and get whatever they could. They had a golden opportunity to eat his salary while:

1. Getting SOME SORT of compensation (better than the nothing we are going to get)

2. Getting his now cancerous attitude out of the building

3. Getting him out of the AFC completely, let alone our division

Berry and company dropped the ball here, and I love our FO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is why I said a few days ago they needed to understand the concept of a sunk cost and get whatever they could. They had a golden opportunity to eat his salary while:

1. Getting SOME SORT of compensation (better than the nothing we are going to get)

I don’t disagree, but I think that there was a possibility this was all dropped in their lap 8 hours before the deadline.

Unless OBJ had made it clear he wanted out before Tuesday, trying to absorb what exactly was happening on social media, contact the player to perhaps seek clarification, discuss what’s going on with the FO, coaches, ownership, etc., come to a decisions and then find a trade partner is a lot to do in 8 hours.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree, but I think that there was a possibility this was all dropped in their lap 8 hours before the deadline.

Unless OBJ had made it clear he wanted out before Tuesday, trying to absorb what exactly was happening on social media, contact the player to perhaps seek clarification, discuss what’s going on with the FO, coaches, ownership, etc., come to a decisions and then find a trade partner is a lot to do in 8 hours.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but after a 3 year body of work failure coupled with a social media firestorm, this is why veteran FO's like the Steelers (who traded a disgruntled player) are prepared and do it right and why we seem to be caught off guard.

Cut bait and move on.

And this is just my opinion, but I don’t think OBJ wanted to be traded.  I think he waited until a trade was unlikely and is trying to force the team to cut him so he can choose where he plays.

And honestly, if that’s what he’s doing I’m not gonna feel bad for him if they just shelf him for the year.

That said, if he made it clear prior to Tuesday this is 100% on the FO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but after a 3 year body of work failure coupled with a social media firestorm, this is why veteran FO's like the Steelers (who traded a disgruntled player) are prepared and do it right and why we seem to be caught off guard.

Cut bait and move on.

Ingram was disgruntled and made it clear he wanted traded for a while though, he didn’t spring it on them the day of the trade deadline.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And this is just my opinion, but I don’t think OBJ wanted to be traded.  I think he waited until a trade was unlikely and is trying to force the team to cut him so he can choose where he plays.

And honestly, if that’s what he’s doing I’m not gonna feel bad for him if they just shelf him for the year.

That said, if he made it clear prior to Tuesday this is 100% on the FO.

This is what it looks like, yeah. I'm hoping he got checkmated, that Stef and the nerds informed him he won't be playing the rest of the year and that he'll be traded in the offseason. I hope they make it clear that he could have already amicably discussed this with them, finished the year to help his team and boost his stock, maybe even got input into his destination. But now...go home and be quiet, and we'll fine you for conduct detrimental to the team if you make a social media fuss. But we'll see.

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This is what it looks like, yeah. I'm hoping he got checkmated, that Stef and the nerds informed him he won't be playing the rest of the year and that he'll be traded in the offseason. I hope they make it clear that he could have already amicably discussed this with them, finished the year to help his team and boost his stock, maybe even got input into his destination. But now...go home and be quiet, and we'll fine you for conduct detrimental to the team if you make a social media fuss. But we'll see.

If he wants to take a buyout I’m fine with that too.

Maybe he’s still elite but he’s never made a team a winner and thus far every team that he’s played for has had issues.

If he wants to go to Baltimore, idgaf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he wants to go to Baltimore, idgaf.

Moreso, I'd welcome him. If he thinks he's not getting bulk targets here, enjoy that ground and pound attack in Baltimore and a ton of scramble drills. He may get some targets and may even produce some there, but it's more likely he will throw LJax under the bus and talk about how he's not a pocket passer/whatever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Interesting 

Obj first of all the only reason he did not get traded was Because only 5 teams had that much under the salary cap.

2nd point what happens if 16 wr go off in the first 45 picks leaving the playoff

Team with no wide receivers that they have graded out as starter material. 

3rd point this administration has done nothing that was not cold and calculated 

4th who on this board can say who offered

Real draft picks besides New Orleans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

14 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Interesting 

Obj first of all the only reason he did not get traded was Because only 5 teams had that much under the salary cap.

2nd point what happens if 16 wr go off in the first 45 picks leaving the playoff

Team with no wide receivers that they have graded out as starter material. 

3rd point this administration has done nothing that was not cold and calculated 

4th who on this board can say who offered

Real draft picks besides New Orleans. 

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47189imwthz2oytehtkx3

• Like 4