The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Guess we're not interviewing DeMeco Ryans until after the Championship game. I thought we'd get that out of the way this week. 

understandable, this is the biggest game of his coaching career. I respect the fact hes fulfilling his obligation with his current team, instead of having one foot outside the door. Id want my staff to have total focus. 

• Like 1

I really appreciate that Mark is doing a wide search for the GM and HC. It feels maybe he finally learned not to rush into a decision or be impulsive, much like the Reggie hire (didn't really interview many candidates) and Gruden hire. I think this bodes really well for the teams future. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like Harbaugh is #1 on most people's lists, however what does #2 onwards look like for you? 

Definitely one of the younger defensive coaches. Ryans or Mayo. This team needs to become a top defensive unit if we want to consistently compete with the Chiefs and Chargers. 

Offensive HC for me, most of the best teams in the league have them outside of Belichek, Vrabel and McDermott. 

The entire of the NFC playoff teams have Offensive guys, the AFC Championship is two offensive guys. 

If it is a Defensive guy their OC has to be aggressive, passing guy but unfortunately most DC types want to run the ball and play D. McDermott an example of guy who has a pass happy OC and he is doing the best.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like Harbaugh is #1 on most people's lists, however what does #2 onwards look like for you? 

Mike McDaniels. 

He might be green but so are all the other young options like Ryans and Mayo. I like his ability to adapt to his offensive personal. He seems like a really good teacher and he’s a goober. 

Highly unlikely to happen, but nonetheless: Assuming Harbaugh doesn't happen, I would keep Rich (morale booster for the current roster, the guys will play hard for him) and giving Olson and Cable their walking papers. Can't discount what Rich did this season (making the playoffs in spite of the mountain of BS that happened), but we would need to get him the absolute best possible OC we could hire in order to make it work.

1. Harbaugh

2. Josh McDaniels

3. Todd Bowles (provided he is flanked by a good OC). 

4. Demeco Ryans 

I’m assuming Rich isn’t even in consideration at this point. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Michigan DC leaving now seems like a big thing to happen 

He was with John in Baltimore previously. John essentially promoted him to Jim's staff at Michigan. 

Could be something, could be he's simply coming back to Baltimore where he started under John.