The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I would be content. Not stoked but not crying in a corner. However I really, really want it to work out with Dodds + Harbs.

Mcdaniels is definitely not a bad play caller. NE just has horrible skill position players. Will he gel with a GM, staff, and players tho. Idk 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mcdaniels is definitely not a bad play caller. NE just has horrible skill position players. Will he gel with a GM, staff, and players tho. Idk 

One of the reason I am iffy on Ziegler. They have a number of major flaws and I just don't know how much he had to do with not addressing them.

• Like 1

I read an article on The Athletic recently that said Jim Harbaugh wants the Raider job, badly. For similar reasons as Gruden: Raiders will write the biggest check, and he will likely have some roster control especially if Dodds is GM. 

Surprisingly the interest might not be mutual. A report came out from Bears beat reporters that Harbaugh wants 100M like Gruden. Do we really think Mark would want to fork over a huge contract again after getting burned? Harbaugh is no doubt the best qualified person for the Raiders HC job, but money is most likely the issue. 

Basically, Mark messing up on Gruden (which we all knew was a horrible hire) might prevent us from getting Harbaugh, as he doesn’t wanna give back to back huge contracts. Even though some of Jon’s was voided (they likely settled somewhere in the middle). 

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Waller might actually get calls in the red zone finally. Hunter Henry had 9 this season.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

McDaniels would be something. I like him more than a retread D coach like Bowles. 

It's a complete wildcard however. No idea how he's grown. The honeymoon period will be short for most people. 

I don’t want Bowles. You need an offensive coach in this league.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah he absolutely would love the players we have rn. Just revamp the OL and add 1 playmaking wr and the offense is really good.

It’s amazing how poor we were in the RZ, especially inside 10.  The plays and routes called were such trash.  Did we ever even once put Waller and Edwards on each side flexed out alone and throw a jump ball?  

the run designs were so predictable but also so uninspiring.  The OL want good but the run game was designed so poorly.  I think just moving to a coach like harbaugh would substantially improve the run game without upgrading the OL yet.  (Of course we still gotta upgrade the OL though)

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

It’s amazing how poor we were in the RZ, especially inside 10.  The plays and routes called were such trash.  Did we ever even once put Waller and Edwards on each side flexed out alone and throw a jump ball?  

the run designs were so predictable but also so uninspiring.  The OL want good but the run game was designed so poorly.  I think just moving to a coach like harbaugh would substantially improve the run game without upgrading the OL yet.  (Of course we still gotta upgrade the OL though)

Yep poor coaching in the RZ has been plaguing this team for years. No diversity/creativity. Look at what good offenses do in the RZ. It's not the qb. The play calling is impeccable.