The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

not looking forward to josh Mcdaniels AT ALL

Eh, he guarantees us a Top 5 pick for a few years while we get destroyed by Rodgers, Mahomes, and Herbert. Then we have a good roster for the next coach after Rodgers and Reid retire.

I’m kind of kidding. Kind of…

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Eh, he guarantees us a Top 5 pick for a few years while we get destroyed by Rodgers, Mahomes, and Herbert. Then we have a good roster for the next coach after Rodgers and Reid retire.

I’m kind of kidding. Kind of…

There's nothing good about this hire to me. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

There's nothing good about this hire to me. 

Hiring people based off Brady or Bellicheck’s success has been mostly a recipe for disaster so far. The two guys who did kind of pan out in Vrabel and Flores do have leadership type of personalities. McDaniels definitely does not. 

I think his ability to game plan is relatively unknown. Or, smaller than his head coaching tenure gives us. He was cheating, and got caught. For how long though? He seemed to gameplay well but he was game planning for how many games based off tape he wasn't allowed to have? Game planning ability I just think is unknown.

Maturity I question. And I don't think it's even debatable. You can guess that he's grown, but the only thing he's ever shown is odd, questionable decisions. It's the only evidence we have. 

Talent wise he's legit. I don't think I've ever seen a candidate that's considered such a home run pick, and fans hate him. It's crazy. 

• Like 1

You guys do realize he put together a coaching staff for the Colts before he backed out, those guys were already in Indy getting housing and schools figured out, and McDaniels never told them he was backing out and cut off communication with them. 

He hasn’t matured at all. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think his ability to game plan is relatively unknown. Or, smaller than his head coaching tenure gives us. He was cheating, and got caught. For how long though? He seemed to gameplay well but he was game planning for how many games based off tape he wasn't allowed to have? Game planning ability I just think is unknown.

Maturity I question. And I don't think it's even debatable. You can guess that he's grown, but the only thing he's ever shown is odd, questionable decisions. It's the only evidence we have. 

Talent wise he's legit. I don't think I've ever seen a candidate that's considered such a home run pick, and fans hate him. It's crazy. 

He is a master game planner. The Patriots are well known for having completely different looks from game to game depending on weaknesses identified in their opponents. Some games Brady would throw for 5 TD’s and some games a 3rd string RB would run for 3 TD’s. They always seemed to adapt well to opponents weaknesses and I give that credit to McDaniels. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hiring people based off Brady or Bellicheck’s success has been mostly a recipe for disaster so far. The two guys who did kind of pan out in Vrabel and Flores do have leadership type of personalities. McDaniels definitely does not. 

Think about this no patriots assistant or coordinator has ever had a playoff appearance as a head coach. This is over a nearly 20 year span. 

Mike Vrabel doesnt count because he went to coach college and then the Texans where he became a Defensive coordinator. He never actually coached at New England he just played there. 

3 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

not the biggest fan of his but it’s not nearly as bad as everyone makes it seem. Hands down will be the best offensive play caller we’ve had during the carr era 

1. He's a cheater

2. It's not simply that he's a bad coach it's more about the fact that we're getting rid of a coach that took us to the playoffs and probably the worst conditions which was something that McDaniels never did in two years at Denver with arguably a more talented roster at the time. 

3. Most of his career, he had Tom Brady(you know the best quarterback who ever lived) for almost 20 years

34 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

He is a master game planner. The Patriots are well known for having completely different looks from game to game depending on weaknesses identified in their opponents. Some games Brady would throw for 5 TD’s and some games a 3rd string RB would run for 3 TD’s. They always seemed to adapt well to opponents weaknesses and I give that credit to McDaniels.