What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, skywindO2 said:

I keep watching the seasons and I hate myself for it. Each season they seem to write themselves into a hole and I'm just super curious about what terrible idea the writers will come up with to write themselves out of it. It's an ugly car crash and I can't look away, just like 13 Reasons Why. 

At this point, i'm rooting for the system.

14 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

A few episodes into Silicon Valley and I'm a little confused as to the timeline of the show. It''s set in the 80s, but there are a ton of tech/media/celebrity references from today. Is that on purpose?

Wuuuhh? Are you sure you're not watching Halt and Catch Fire?

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:
1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I'm all sorts of confused here. I watched it a few months back and can't remember anything that pointed to it taking place in the 80s.

Wuuuhh? Are you sure you're not watching Halt and Catch Fire?

The official synopsis kind of confused me there:

https://g.co/kgs/TDRoSf

If you pay attention, the fashion sense of the show is definitely in the 80s, including the theme of Erlich's house and most surroundings set up in the show. But all of the cars, tech, media and famous people are completely modern day/relevant. Just a nostalgic take on Mike Judge's part there I guess...

Edited by Nex_Gen

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

The official synopsis:

https://g.co/kgs/TDRoSf

If you pay attention, the fashion sense of the show is definitely in the 80s, including the theme of Erlich's house and surroundings set up in the show. But all of the cars, tech, media and famous people are completely modern day/relevant....

I'm failing to see what's from the 80's in that show. Erlich's house is a dump but then again thats the common stereotype for coders. Yea it looked like he bought a house from the 80's but these are guys that obsess with software. Not their surroundings. Just keep watching it you'll enjoy what you see.

Just rewatched The Sopranos for the first time since it aired live. Forgot how amazing that show was. Outside of Tony, Sil is the best character. I also decided that I LOVE how the series ended. It was actually quite brilliant. If anyone wants to discuss any of that show with me, please do. It's very fresh in my mind now. 

Thinking of starting up Castle Rock on Hulu soon. Also has anyone been watching Yellowstone? Looks like it could be pretty awesome. 

6 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Just rewatched The Sopranos for the first time since it aired live. Forgot how amazing that show was. Outside of Tony, Sil is the best character. I also decided that I LOVE how the series ended. It was actually quite brilliant. If anyone wants to discuss any of that show with me, please do. It's very fresh in my mind now. 

carmela-soprano.gif?w=650

2 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Are you saying Carmela was the best? Edie Falco was incredible throughout. I also like Artie haha.

Carmela definitely is the 2nd best IMO. Going to be very difficult for any actress to top that role and her performance.  After her and Tony, I gotta say Christopher is my fave.