2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

11 hours ago, billking said:

If Kuminga has another growth spurt in him and reaches 6'10" it could get really wild in GS.

The talent on this team is insane. We have young talent that in a few years will help carry the team when the core group ages out. Steph is still going to be great for at least 3-4 years, but he won't be the same player that he was in his peak. So there Kuminga will step up and take some of the scoring load and defensive load off of Draymond. Need Moody to work on his jump shot this offseason and become a consistent shooter as he gets tons of open shots but isn't comfortable taking and making them yet. And if Wiseman can become a big contributor??? Lawd, the potential of this team is something else. That's what happens when you mainly build ORGANICALLY and don't just make win now moves and there is only a 3-4 year window before the team needs to rebuild. 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The talent on this team is insane. We . That's what happens when you mainly build ORGANICALLY and don't just make win now moves and there is only a 3-4 year window before the team needs to rebuild. 

And, you know, everyone gets injured at once.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

And, you know, everyone gets injured at once.

I mean typically if you keep signing win now players, they are vets and not youngsters. They are prone to getting hurt. Warriors original core has all been hurt in the last few years but now they have the young talent to overcome that. The run won't just end when the original big 3 start to slow down or get hurt. All this talk of wanting to trade the #7 pick plus Wiseman etc for a proven star would have shortened the team's window. I'm not going to act like I was not wanting that because I was....But it is clear they can compete for a title with the team they have while still being able to compete a few years down the road. 

Which team that was built off trades or big free agent singings had more of a four year run?

So Mitchell and Gobert are having issues again? I mean at this point it is pretty clear those two will never be the best of friends. Doesn't mean they can't co-exist but I wonder what happens this offseason if they have an early exit? Stay the course or make a big move?

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Monk and Porter easily the best value signings. Production that the Warriors and Lakers are getting from those players for what they’re paying is crazy 

It was absolutely shocking that Monk couldn't get a better deal.  I thought he could at least get a MLE deal from someone.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean typically if you keep signing win now players, they are vets and not youngsters. They are prone to getting hurt. Warriors original core has all been hurt in the last few years but now they have the young talent to overcome that. The run won't just end when the original big 3 start to slow down or get hurt. All this talk of wanting to trade the #7 pick plus Wiseman etc for a proven star would have shortened the team's window. I'm not going to act like I was not wanting that because I was....But it is clear they can compete for a title with the team they have while still being able to compete a few years down the road.

You misunderstood me. It's really easy to sit where you are saying "Just build organically! Young talent will come", talk about extending windows, and having the young talent to overcome any injuries now when the reason this is happening and the Warriors have good young talent is mostly because Curry, Green, and Thompson all got hurt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You misunderstood me. It's really easy to sit where you are saying "Just build organically! Young talent will come", talk about extending windows, and having the young talent to overcome any injuries now when the reason this is happening and the Warriors have good young talent is mostly because Curry, Green, and Thompson all got hurt.

Oh got it...But the team could have still made some win now moves by packaging those picks and they chose not to. If they would have made a big splash move and gave up all the talent, then this would have been the last run for the core as two or three years down the line, they all would have aged out at the same time or broken down.