2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

They sitting Russ in this OT 😂😂😂

This is hilarious.

At this point they have to at least try and trade for Wall. I don't know if that's a real thing or just media speculation, but they can't just ride with Westbrook. At this point they know it's a failure. Wall is a better 3P and FT shooter and better defender, so it's worth giving it a shot if Houston is willing. If Wall is in shape, then I say go for it. Throw a 2027 swap and/or 2028 1st in there and hope Houston says yes.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

At this point they have to at least try and trade for Wall. I don't know if that's a real thing or just media speculation, but they can't just ride with Westbrook. At this point they know it's a failure. Wall is a better 3P and FT shooter and better defender, so it's worth giving it a shot if Houston is willing. If Wall is in shape, then I say go for it. Throw a 2027 swap and/or 2028 1st in there and hope Houston says yes.

If I'm the Lakers, I laugh at the notion of throwing in assets to swap Westbrook for Wall.  He's averaged 38 GP over the last five years, and that doesn't include the two seasons he sat out.  He hasn't played in 60+ games since the 2016/17 season.  Wall makes $47.4M next year on a player option while Westbrook makes $47.1M on a player option, so it is pretty much a wash money wise.  If nothing else, Westbrook is available to play something I can't say about Wall.

If I’m not mistaking Wall is not playing due to the Rockets not wanting him to play but I get his prior injury stuff. I would rather have Wall at this point because I don’t think he’s as big of a liability while on the court that Westbrook is. Either way not great options just have to find the one that works and we know the one that doesn’t work already 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If I'm the Lakers, I laugh at the notion of throwing in assets to swap Westbrook for Wall.  He's averaged 38 GP over the last five years, and that doesn't include the two seasons he sat out.  He hasn't played in 60+ games since the 2016/17 season.  Wall makes $47.4M next year on a player option while Westbrook makes $47.1M on a player option, so it is pretty much a wash money wise.  If nothing else, Westbrook is available to play something I can't say about Wall.

Wall is available to play. Houston holds him out so their young players get more PT.

You throw the next 2 seasons out the window if you keep Westbrook. I understand not wanting to if you've given up trying to compete on this season and next, but if they are still holding on to any hope of that then this is probably the only option to change things up and hope it helps.