2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I see. I mean yall added some guys, but nothing drastic. Where are the areas you still need to improve most? WIngs still? A better front court partner with Gobert?

We needed to add some length and athleticism because one of our biggest issues is still the fact that our defense playing well is almost entirely dependent on Rudy. He's really our only player that rebounds as well. Could use another playmaker too because Conley is our only ball handler that looks to pass the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Gobert gonna look good in an Atlanta uni next year. Until they realize they have the exact same problems as Utah with perimeter defense and Gobert's gonna have to overcompensate yet again.

Pelicans go 10 games UNDER .500 and sneak into the playoffs and we got some basketball experts upon us. Happy for y'all boys.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Pelicans go 10 games UNDER .500 and sneak into the playoffs and we got some basketball experts upon us. Happy for y'all boys.

Lmao. Been here since 2013 with my basketball expertise you know. Just don't post here much the last couple of years. A little trolling here and there is good for the soul.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Herb might get MVP considering the way he is viewed by the media.

Cade averaged 17 ppg on low percentages. There’s a ton of guys in the league who you could stick in his high usage role on a bad team who could get the same numbers, not many who can do what Herb does defensively while stilll being solid on offense. Cade’s a great prospect but I don’t think this season in and of itself is anything special for him (or Jalen) and it’s far from crazy to suggest Herb was the more impactful rookie. Good that he’s bringing attention to Herb for dolts like you who haven’t watched him play

49 minutes ago, amac said:

Cade averaged 17 ppg on low percentages. There’s a ton of guys in the league who you could stick in his high usage role on a bad team who could get the same numbers, not many who can do what Herb does defensively while stilll being solid on offense. Cade’s a great prospect but I don’t think this season in and of itself is anything special for him (or Jalen) and it’s far from crazy to suggest Herb was the more impactful rookie. Good that he’s bringing attention to Herb for dolts like you who haven’t watched him play

Not many players could be a role player for a team that lost more games than they won?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amac said:

exactly i've been saying this all year. so many guys are able to come in and average 17 and 5 while running the least talented offense in the league and getting defended like this

FQFzlgUX0AQfe3w?format=jpg&name=small

3 hours ago, amac said:

So Des Bane should have been in the running for ROY last season because he was a rotation player for a playoff team?

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not many players could be a role player for a team that lost more games than they won?

My post doesn’t mention anything about the pelicans record. Only him as an individual player, but keep being intentionally dense

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So Des Bane should have been in the running for ROY last season because he was a rotation player for a playoff team?

Work on your reading comprehension skills then maybe we can talk.

2 minutes ago, amac said:

Work on your reading comprehension skills then maybe we can talk.

Okay, you condescending amateur.

You made, at best, a passing argument that Herb contributes more to winning because of his defense and holding his own on offense, which makes him a worthy candidate for ROY. Bane was incredibly similar last season on an even better team. So you either don't know what you said or don't know how well Bane played last season as a rookie. Whichever answer is embarrassing considering your response.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, you condescending amateur.

You made, at best, a passing argument that Herb contributes more to winning because of his defense and holding his own on offense, which makes him a worthy candidate for ROY. Bane was incredibly similar last season on an even better team. So you either don't know what you said or don't know how well Bane played last season as a rookie. Whichever answer is embarrassing considering your response.

Still not there yet buddy, keep trying. No one is talking about Desmond Bane but you, nor do I care