2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 minute ago, amac said:

So was Greivis Vasquez. It doesn’t elevate him to some new level if he isn’t that good at it 

greivis vasquez as a 24 year old rookie averaged 3/1/2 on 49.3 ts%. greivis vasquez as a 26 year old averaged 14/4/9 on 50.2 ts%. his best year, which was by far the outlier in his career, is worse than cade's rookie season in which he missed all of training camp and preseason, shot like 14% for his first 4 games, and got doubled more often than lebron, steph, and trae

if herb was on the pistons and was asked to share a backcourt with killian hayes and cory joseph neither you nor kevin pelton would have any idea who he is. i can only imagine the circle jerking if cade got to be a secondary ball handler with mccollum, pass to real brandon ingram instead of the guy who thinks he's brandon ingram, and have bigs who can finish layups and dunks after he draws a help defender

15 hours ago, amac said:

It’s kind of beside the point if we’re just comparing their value as players this season in a vacuum. what Cade did as a player in general isn’t that remarkable, as a rookie sure it’s nice. Herb is already one of the best defenders in the league. Cade doesn’t have a skill on that level yet. If you want to make a case for Cade I have no problem with that but I dont think it’s crazy for Pelton or anyone else to pick Herb

It's weird that you're focusing on Cade, a guy who legitimately had an impact this year, and not Green, who didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

How would he even be eligible for that other than being able to speak the language? 

Every team gets to have 1 naturalized citizen on the team, I guess he would just have to become a citizen of France to be able to play for them. Like Ibaka did for Spain

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Is The Athletic worth subscribing to?  I'm considering subscribing to them.  I've heard mix reviews about them.  It's only 1 dollar a month for 6 months then like $7.99 afterwards. 

I don't find it worth the full price, but I'd say it's for sure worth $1 for 6 months as a trial run and see if you find it worth it. I'm honestly just sick of subscription services in general which probably contributes.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:57 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Is The Athletic worth subscribing to?  I'm considering subscribing to them.  I've heard mix reviews about them.  It's only 1 dollar a month for 6 months then like $7.99 afterwards. 

I can send you a guest pass for 30 days, DM me.