2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They have 2 other All-Star level players and Herb helped them go 10 games under .500, lol.

The one who played 55 games and the other who played 26?

Herb Jones has one of the best +/- on the team. If you don't get his point just move on.

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The one who played 55 games and the other who played 26?

Herb Jones has one of the best +/- on the team. If you don't get his point just move on.

So Herb also deserves it over Cade Cunningham? What about Kuminga?

Just now, NYRaider said:

So Herb also deserves it over Cade Cunningham? What about Kuminga?

If you are strictly trying to make the argument "I want the 5 guys who had the largest impact on winning games" like Simmons is, sure. I'm not saying I share his logic but I understand it.

I think the argument is you could stick Herb on any top team in the league and he would fit in seamlessly and be a key contributor. Whereas a guy like Jalen Green is not going to get a chance to be the man and play the role he’s putting up points in with an actual good team, because he’s not good enough yet

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, amac said:

I think the argument is you could stick Herb on any top team in the league and he would fit in seamlessly and be a key contributor. Whereas a guy like Jalen Green is not going to get a chance to be the man and play the role he’s putting up points in with an actual good team, because he’s not good enough yet

put Herb on the Rockets and he would be worse by a large margin.  It's not Green's fault he was drafted on a bad team with a HC that finally used him corrected the last 10 or so games of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Jones also plays with Ingram and McCollum and Jonas too.

Zion, Ingram and McCollum played a combined 81 games this year. 

I choose Green over Jones for my Rookie Team. Jones is still a better basketball player than Green is right now and inarguably had a more valuable season. Jalen Green is a ridiculous athlete, talented scorer and has a massive ceiling. I'd take him going forward in a heartbeat. He's still a bad basketball player right now. He's a scorer who gives you nothing else, and is absolutely horrendous defensively.