A call for optimism.

Kiwibrown

4 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Our defense is coming together nicely. When Garret comes back, it'll be even better. We are just a DB away from having a top 15 to 10 defense in the league. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I'm expecting more from Peppers in year two and we haven't even seen Howard Wilson yet.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I'm not passing on an elite player just because our defense is now serviceable.

To each their own, I'm just not a fan of cycling through late round receivers, middle of the pack QBs, or undrafted RBs again. We need skill position players something awful. 

7 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

To each their own, I'm just not a fan of cycling through late round receivers, middle of the pack QBs, or undrafted RBs again. We need skill position players something awful. 

A qb is something every Browns fan agrees on.  Sign Cousins and that's no longer a concern. Draft one if not.

They have to sign a receiver either way, you can't expect a rookie to be the savior. Maybe Gordon????

Mid round running backs produce well all the time, don't need to spend a 1st on one.

We aren't filling every hole in one more offseason, but taking the best players available will help a lot.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A qb is something every Browns fan agrees on.  Sign Cousins and that's no longer a concern. Draft one if not.

They have to sign a receiver either way, you can't expect a rookie to be the savior. Maybe Gordon????

Mid round running backs produce well all the time, don't need to spend a 1st on one.

We aren't filling every hole in one more offseason, but taking the best players available will help a lot.

As much as I want to draft a QB and have the nest best thing, How amazing would it be to sign someone like Cousins, Draft Barkley and 2 WR's with the next two picks, and actually have an offense immediately...

22 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

As much as I want to draft a QB and have the nest best thing, How amazing would it be to sign someone like Cousins, Draft Barkley and 2 WR's with the next two picks, and actually have an offense immediately...

It'd be great and my number one option by a lot.

I wouldn't take Barkley though in all honesty, I think RB's can be found later. I'd prolly opt for a trade down with more picks in '19 with Minkah as my target when moving down.

our offense is not that many players off either quite honestly, they are just key players.  QB, WR1, RB, and maybe LT depending.  OC would be huge too.  So yeah, if we can land a guy that can help our defense, while still strongly addressing the offense, go for it.

honestly the best thing for a young team is practice, thank god we have 2 weeks for practice until our next game.  get garrett back, coley and ogunjobi and peppers back, our defense may look even better.  hopefully after the bye maybe treggs and k williams can actually do something.  maybe we get a trade tomorrow for a WR (prob not).  we'll see.  regardless - time to practice is good.

Archived