Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

We done screwed it up twice now....T.hird time is not a charm.  If you don't get Cousins....no way we shouldn't take a QB at one

So if you have an equal grade for the most part on the top 4 QBs in the draft, but a literal once in a generation grade on Barkley, you pass on Barkley to take one of the qbs at one that you could have gotten later?

granted the grade on all of the qbs is very high, but there are 4 of them.  There is only one Barkley.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

So if you have an equal grade for the most part on the top 4 QBs in the draft, but a literal once in a generation grade on Barkley, you pass on Barkley to take one of the qbs at one that you could have gotten later?

You take the Qb of your choice at one...no screwing around.  Get the guy that YOU want....FINALLY!!!!!

2 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Speaking of those two clowns who wears the pants in that relationship anyway? I am about sick and tired of reading stories that have anything to do with Dee Haslam said this or did this or ordered that. Get that wench out of my town. Jimmy needs to put the pants back on and get her the F out of the building and get her back in a kitchen somewhere. Our owner doesn't even own his own set of balls anymore what makes anyone think he is going to be a good leader for a football organization?

WTF did I just read

Jimmy Haslam by no means has shown quality leadership. Hell his business was under investigation for defrauding the government.  

Unfortunately the thing about an idiot with his own set of balls is that hes still an idiot.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

You take the Qb of your choice at one...no screwing around.  Get the guy that YOU want....FINALLY!!!!!

You seem to be missing the point here, what if they REALLY want one of the four, and are equally happy with either of the four.

41 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

You seem to be missing the point here, what if they REALLY want one of the four, and are equally happy with either of the four.

1.  I doubt the whole = grade thing happens that much.  4 QB's with an = grade?  Doubt it

2.  'We don't know where we, or the Texans will be picking.  Trade ups could foil that whole theory of taking 1 of 4.

3.  Why are we even gonna chance it?  If you have the 1st pick, take the QB early.  You have failed to do so in the last 2 drafts, and your team and fanbase has suffered greatly.

4.  I like Saquon too, and if we get a stud FA that will be here for awhile????  Go for it

29 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

1.  I doubt the whole = grade thing happens that much.  4 QB's with an = grade?  Doubt it

2.  'We don't know where we, or the Texans will be picking.  Trade ups could foil that whole theory of taking 1 of 4.

3.  Why are we even gonna chance it?  If you have the 1st pick, take the QB early.  You have failed to do so in the last 2 drafts, and your team and fanbase has suffered greatly.

4.  I like Saquon too, and if we get a stud FA that will be here for awhile????  Go for it

Neither of the last two drafts had a prospect worthy of where they were picked at.  Yes, a couple have worked out which is great.  I still 100% support the decisions made as right during the draft given information available at the time of the draft.  Heinsite is always 20/20.  Tom Brady fell to the 6th, Prescott was taken late.  You can always look back after the fact and second guess.

there are 4 very good prospects at qb in this draft.  There is one generational talent in the draft.  We likely pick #1 overall.  Texans pick should be easily top 10 now.  

There is no reason that we should not be able take the generational player and still land a great qb prospect.

its called maximizing assets.

2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

WTF did I just read

Jimmy Haslam by no means has shown quality leadership. Hell his business was under investigation for defrauding the government.  

Unfortunately the thing about an idiot with his own set of balls is that hes still an idiot.

In no means did I mean that if he were get his own set of balls that it would make him suddenly a great leader or less of an idiot. I just got done saying the problem with the Browns is not Hue or the FO but Jimmy Haslam. You sir are correct he would still be an idiot instead of a no ball idiot. I just find it pathetic that is seems as though he lets a women have so much influence on his decisions, so much so that at times you even hear of her calling the shots. Down right pathetic if you ask me.

By the way can anyone tell me what SMH means?  Don't attack me. I am old and just starting using the internet 4 years ago. 

Just now, Dogbite said:

In no means did I mean that if he were get his own set of balls that it would make him suddenly a great leader or less of an idiot. I just got done saying the problem with the Browns is not Hue or the FO but Jimmy Haslam. You sir are correct he would still be an idiot instead of a no ball idiot. I just find it pathetic that is seems as though he lets a women have so much influence on his decisions, so much so that at times you even hear of her calling the shots. Down right pathetic if you ask me.

By the way can anyone tell me what SMH means?  Don't attack me. I am old and just starting using the internet 4 years ago. 

@Dogbite   https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Smh

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Neither of the last two drafts had a prospect worthy of where they were picked at.  Yes, a couple have worked out which is great.  I still 100% support the decisions made as right during the draft given information available at the time of the draft.  Heinsite is always 20/20.  Tom Brady fell to the 6th, Prescott was taken late.  You can always look back after the fact and second guess.

there are 4 very good prospects at qb in this draft.  There is one generational talent in the draft.  We likely pick #1 overall.  Texans pick should be easily top 10 now.  

There is no reason that we should not be able take the generational player and still land a great qb prospect.

its called maximizing assets.

You are delusional if you believe that a QB didn't fit the bill in the last two drafts at the top.  There are almost ALWAYS a QB that is worthy to be taken high.  A few years back, we just missed out on Marriota and Winston.  Two years ago, there were plenty of draft pundits that thought Carson Wentz was the real deal.  We didn't happen to be one of them apparently.  Last year. it was clear cut that Garrett was the best player in the draft, however, if Watson, Mahomes, or Trubisky turn out to be top 15 QB's, then their value will far exceed the value of Myles Garrett.   It is the job of the FO to figure out who "the guy" will be.

To say... ya...there should be 4 great QB's and we will get cute, take Barkley, and the one that falls should be alright.....that's pure stupidity.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

You are delusional if you believe that a QB didn't fit the bill in the last two drafts at the top.  There are almost ALWAYS a QB that is worthy to be taken high.  A few years back, we just missed out on Marriota and Winston.  Two years ago, there were plenty of draft pundits that thought Carson Wentz was the real deal.  We didn't happen to be one of them apparently.  Last year. it was clear cut that Garrett was the best player in the draft, however, if Watson, Mahomes, or Trubisky turn out to be top 15 QB's, then their value will far exceed the value of Myles Garrett.   It is the job of the FO to figure out who "the guy" will be.

To say... ya...there should be 4 great QB's and we will get cute, take Barkley, and the one that falls should be alright.....that's pure stupidity.

Again, communication seems to have broken down.  At no point did I say a QB did not fit the bill, of course we needed one, we still do, what I said is none of the prospects in those drafts, at the time of the draft, given the information available, and the roster that we had, was worthy of the pick that they were chosen at.  Quite different from saying that a QB did not fit the bill.

Archived