Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ah, the cliche best of the best highlights compilations. It’s come to that. 

He looked good in those “Best all time plays that I made” film session. Not biting that hook. This is not convincing me he’s worth two day two picks. I have nothing more to say on this. Obviously I’ve watched them both play. My opinion is just not based on “best of” film sessions. I usually stop conversing when discussions are no longer logical. I think I missed that cue a while ago.

Highlights can definitely like.

The all22 film is on the internet of all his pro snaps...AJ shocked me with deep sideline throws and boundary accuracy...he made repeated big time throws that led me to question my original opinion of him coming out of college as a noodle armed game manager.

I was not a fan at all.

He won me over after watching all his bengals snaps. He can be really good in Hue's offense.

Now, is he worth a 2nd and a 3rd...I'd say absolutely not but really it's subjective and we wouldn't care about a 2nd and 3rd (aka a Ogbah or Shon Coleman type selection if he could stabilize the position and lead us to 6-7 wins a game.

Those with the Mccaron is trash/ Mccaron is Kessler have not open them selves up to really watch all of Mccaron's nfl snaps and make an objective judgment.

Objectively albeit in a limited sample size, he looked really good for the Bengals and his arm strength looked good as well.

@Mind Character Limited sample size. I’m not in the camp that he’s trash, but there’s not enough out there to justify that kind of trade value. Especially when up against what the 49ers gave up for Jimmy G. I would have been okay with a 3rd or 4th round pick. I don’t want to be tied to the guy with a big investment, given the sample size. Also consider the high probability that the coach that wants him for his system is unlikely to be back next year. At this point I will be surprised if some of these guys last through the regular season.

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@Mind Character Limited sample size. I’m not in the camp that he’s trash, but there’s not enough out there to justify that kind of trade value. Especially when up against what the 49ers gave up for Jimmy G. I would have been okay with a 3rd or 4th round pick. I don’t want to be tied to the guy with a big investment, given the sample size. Also consider the high probability that the coach that wants him for his system is unlikely to be back next year. At this point I will be surprised if some of these guys last through the regular season.

The history of QB trades over the last 30 years suggest that a limited sample size is enough to justify that kind of trade value.

Look, 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks aren't impact players a lot of times. Just look at the 2nd and 3rd round picks on nfl.com draft  tracker over the last 4 drafts.

It shows that these picks often come up bust. Hue thinks AJ is a known asset...He knows his work habits, leadership ability, grasp of the offense, and how he competes when the bullets are flying.

I did not want to give up a 2nd and 3rd for Mccaron, but those acting like it would've been awful I disagree with.

Especially when they realize that this years 2018 draft talent pool is garbage compared to last years; therefore,that 2nd and 3rd are less likely to yield a starter, developmental starter, or impact player.

You're absolutely correct that they won't make that trade when the coaches could be fired.

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Especially when they realize that this years 2018 draft talent pool is garbage compared to last years

You're absolutely correct that they won't make that trade when the coaches could be fired.

Same crap is spouted every year. Next year is always the year to get a QB. Until next year comes then it's next year again.

The coaches know they're gone. 

On 31/10/2017 at 12:42 AM, NateDawg said:

I understand that. However, which do you see as a more likely recipe for success...drafting one of those guys at 1 or using a 2nd rounder on Jimmy G and using #1 on something else? From all past perceptions, the FO evaluated Jimmy highly. So, unless that’s inaccurate, or they really love a guy in the draft, this is puzzling. If Jimmy ends up sucking, then I’m wrong, and it’s a wasted 2nd. If he’s a franchise QB though, that’s like strike 3 in the past two years on QBs thriving elsewhere. 

With all due respect, here's what we're hearing in NE;

Our front office didn't want to work with Cleveland's (that's from Mike Lombardi who was our coaches assistant) and BB deliberately chose 49ers as his preferred destination. A) because he really respects Shanahan as a QB coach and the Shanahans as a coaching family, and always has. B) He wanted to do Jimmy a favour by sending him there, for the aforementioned reasons. SF is a much more attractive prospect for a QB, because of the coach being a QB guru, essentially. BB has a relationship with Shanahan, too. 

So on this one, I think your front office should be given a break, as I don't think there was anything they could have done to sway BB, aside from offering the first. Which, it is now clear, was never an option for teams. 

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With all due respect, here's what we're hearing in NE;

Our front office didn't want to work with Cleveland's (that's from Mike Lombardi who was our coaches assistant) and BB deliberately chose 49ers as his preferred destination. A) because he really respects Shanahan as a QB coach and the Shanahans as a coaching family, and always has. B) He wanted to do Jimmy a favour by sending him there, for the aforementioned reasons. SF is a much more attractive prospect for a QB, because of the coach being a QB guru, essentially. BB has a relationship with Shanahan, too. 

So on this one, I think your front office should be given a break, as I don't think there was anything they could have done to sway BB, aside from offering the first. Which, it is now clear, was never an option for teams. 

Sounds logical enough, but I think the people who want to blame the front office for this already had the pitchforks out and torches lit.

These same people are ups in arms over Sashi leaving the building at 5 on the eve of the deadline, as if a whole 24 hour world of communication isn't available in his pocket.

It's unfortunate the level of desperation that one must seek in order to find a reason to want to fire Sashi Brown.

According to Pro Football Talk, Dee Haslem went nuclear after this blown trade and the ownership has taken Hue's side as opposed to Sashi and DePo and will decide their fate. Wow...Hue really has the wool pulled over a lot of people's eyes. This is embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

According to Pro Football Talk, Dee Haslem went nuclear after this blown trade and the ownership has taken Hue's side as opposed to Sashi and DePo and will decide their fate. Wow...Hue really has the wool pulled over a lot of people's eyes. This is embarrassing.

Remember when she was suppose to be the calming voice

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps just a display to show their faith in Hue?

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think the Dalai Lama could be chill after that embarrassing F up. 

The only thing more embarrassing than that f up would have been trading 2 top 65 picks for AJ McCarron.

Sashi fell on the sword and now appears to look incompetent as opposed to actually making the deal and then potentially confirming the incompetence.

Archived