Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

36 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Did you expect 0 and 8? 

We have averaged 14 pts a game.  Think about that for a sec.  2 td's per game

We have allowed 25 pts a game.  All the talk about how much better the D looks.  We have given up more than 30 pts for half oPf the games played.

Yes we are young.  Have our 3 first rounders blown you away? Garrett was a no brainer, and yet his health issues have just continued from college.

Peppers...ok

Njoku...ok

I expected 1 and hoped maybe luck into 2 wins. I wasnt expected like 3-4 wins like some people were. 

Offense has struggled and I am not surprised at all. No really WR and a young QB is going to lead to struggle. Defense, I am not surprised because the unit hasnt really been healthy. I dont think the Browns best DL, best LB, and best corner have all played the same game yet.

Have the 3 first rounds blown me away? No but I wasnt expect them to come in and blow me away. I expected Garrett but that was a given. Peppers has looked ok, he is playing a tough strange role for this defense. It seems like they are asking him to play a way to cover up for the other safeties as well. Njoku has flashed some great potential. Again, not may TEs come in and make huge impacts there rookie years.

54 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

MKC now reporting that the Bengals have stated that they did their part, and the Browns screwed up.

The facts are simple, Cincy completed all the forms and submitted them on time, our FO was, well to put it simply, unable to comply with the NFL rules for trades and thus the NFL refused Cleveland's appeal to let the trade stand.

What else can you expect from an incompetent FO???

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

See but I can live with the defense. McCourty came here as a free agent and is having the best season of his career by far. He is ranked as the #1 corner. BBC is also up there in terms of coverage rating. I think Kindred has played pretty solid for us, he's done a great job defending the run. I think we have two Safeties who should be playing the same position, and I like Peppers potential but I think he needs to be moved up and we need to find someone else to be our center field type ball hawk safety. Our biggest problem defensively is that our pass defense relies too heavily on our linebackers to play in coverage, and the entire middle of the field is left open. Now when our pass rush is on, the scheme works well. It forces QB's into quick decisions that we can create turnovers from, but for it to work Garrett has to be healthy.

I think you are being a bit unfair to our defense, because our offense stinks so much, the defense is on the field for most of the game. In those circumstances, any defense will crack as they get seriously tired in the 3rd and 4th quarter. For a defense to be decent, the offense has to carry its share of the load and our offense, simply cannot do it.

It would’ve been idiotic for the Browns to give up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron who is a free agent after this year.  I like Kizer and think McCarron would be more of a lateral move from him.  If the Browns don’t like Kizer  or want competition then draft a top QB this year or throw money at McCarron in free agency, but don’t waste high draft picks.  It’s for the best that this trade didn’t go through.

8 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

It would’ve been idiotic for the Browns to give up a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron who is a free agent after this year.  I like Kizer and think McCarron would be more of a lateral move from him.  If the Browns don’t like Kizer  or want competition then draft a top QB this year or throw money at McCarron in free agency, but don’t waste high draft picks.  It’s for the best that this trade didn’t go through.

I like McCarron exponentially more than Kizer.  I would gladly trade Philly's 2nd and our 3rd for him, then I would sign Bridgewater in the offseason, and still draft a QB with Houston's first round pick.  Its time to start really trying to fix it and have a real competition with real players.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

I think you are being a bit unfair to our defense, because our offense stinks so much, the defense is on the field for most of the game. In those circumstances, any defense will crack as they get seriously tired in the 3rd and 4th quarter. For a defense to be decent, the offense has to carry its share of the load and our offense, simply cannot do it.

actually as my first sentence reads in the post, I can live with the defense. We have to find a way to improve defending the middle of the football field, that's our biggest problem, but when we have a HC who is an offensive minded guy, who for two seasons hasn't been able to put points up on the board, thats a problem. I'm not calling for his job, but we should be scoring more than 15 points a game. the line is protecting the QB, at least after week one, they just cant score. 

6 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I like McCarron exponentially more than Kizer.  I would gladly trade Philly's 2nd and our 3rd for him, then I would sign Bridgewater in the offseason, and still draft a QB with Houston's first round pick.  Its time to start really trying to fix it and have a real competition with real players.

That’s way too much...  Jackson is a great QB Coach.  You need to give him time and let him develop someone.  Bridgewater isn’t leaving the Vikings, but Bradford might be.  You can sign McCarron this offseason instead of trading for him...

5 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

That’s way too much...  Jackson is a great QB Coach.  You need to give him time and let him develop someone.  Bridgewater isn’t leaving the Vikings, but Bradford might be.  You can sign McCarron this offseason instead of trading for him...

McCarron is a RFA next year, and can be tendered. Not enough accrued seasons to be a UFA.

These nerds are more clueless than the HC. I mean, they really are incompetent. A 2nd and 3rd for McCarron but couldn’t get in on Garropolo. How many times are we going to allow these nerds to embarrass the organization? I wanted to give everyone 3-4 years going into this. I really did. But I’m not willing to dive deeper into the mess for another year.

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

These nerds are more clueless than the HC. I mean, they really are incompetent. A 2nd and 3rd for McCarron but couldn’t get in on Garropolo. How many times are we going to allow these nerds to embarrass the organization? I wanted to give everyone 3-4 years going into this. I really did. But I’m not willing to dive deeper into the mess for another year.

I repeat, the biggest difference between McCarron and Garropolo is the hype machine of playing behind Tom Brady and for the hoodie.  McCarron's arm, contrary to the misinformation out there, is strong enough to make all of the throws.  Also, contrary to the misinformation, he is not a game manager just because he played for Bama, he was pretty dynamic for them.

I would much rather give Philly's 2nd and our 3rd for McCarron, than give up our own 2nd for Garropolo.

5 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Teddy, we honestly have no idea, I am leaning toward both he and Bradford are gone from the Vikes.  I want nothing to do with Bradford but would love to have a look at Bridgewater to see if he is healthy.  Also, how does one increase their odds of winning a lottery?  You buy more plays.  We have now had 18 years of QB futility with the exception of a fluke year from Anderson and some flashes from Couch before he was ruined.

If we want to fix this, its pretty much impossible for it to be too much.  Bring in 3 viable guys that have an actual chance to be it, and let them compete.  May the best player win.

Remember when Dallas took Troy Aikman first overall in the draft, and then the same year in the supplemental draft took Steve Walsh #2 overall?  Sure, Walsh didn't make it, but they got their guy, and they increased their odds of doing so by getting 2 top guys to compete.

Archived