Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Improvement isn't always linear. We added a lot of talent, but also the youth and inexperience that goes with it.  Unlike last season, we don't have a vet to play at qb.  Is that ideal? No, but if it helps land a franchise guy like Darnold it'll be well worth it.

And, fwiw, I wouldn't have fired Shurmur/Heckert or Chud/Banner.

Both those dudes were worth their salt. 

Heckert forced his own hand gambling with Weeden and Banner was a smart dude but a PR disaster. Pr has been the early struggles of Jimmy Go. he saw the marketing value in Johnny M, not the football value. 

I think we have to ride this ship, changing direction would be a critical failure. If we go 5-11 next year and Hue is as dumb as this year than I would can him. If we go 5-11 next year and the players are playing hard and the talent still sucks, seee ya Nerds. 

If we are 0-16 then see I am going to root for whoever is winning and F this team. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Both those dudes were worth their salt. 

Heckert forced his own hand gambling with Weeden and Banner was a smart dude but a PR disaster. Pr has been the early struggles of Jimmy Go. he saw the marketing value in Johnny M, not the football value. 

I think we have to ride this ship, changing direction would be a critical failure. If we go 5-11 next year and Hue is as dumb as this year than I would can him. If we go 5-11 next year and the players are playing hard and the talent still sucks, seee ya Nerds. 

If we are 0-16 then see I am going to root for whoever is winning and F this team. 

Tell me, why do you think Heckertt was so desperate that he resorted to drafting Weeden?  Its because of the mentality that we see right now.  He knew the Browns reputation, turn it around instantly or go home.  There was no QB there, so throw a hail mary and take a chance on Weeden because if you don't, the team sucks, the fans will complain that you didn't even try to find a QB, and he gets fired.  Its a darned if you do darned if you don't situation.

We have seen drastic improment this year. Our defense is 10 times better than last year without its best player. 

Our offense has regressed, some of it is talent and some of it is Hue. 

I thought Crow would of hit at least two 1000 yard games by now. 

I thought Britt would of been okay.

I thought kizer would of been at leat mediocre. 

Our offense has been much worse than last year. 

If our defense plays as is and our offense improves somewhat then we will win football this year. If Crow runs okay the next half of the season and if kizer normalise to an average NFL QB we are not having these discussion, we are working out how to get to the playoffs next season. 

I would bet that the next half of the season is not a repeat of the first half. We have to commit to the plan, it is our only hope until the end of week 17. 

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Or lets keep everyone, and hope they figure it out??

Bingo, at some point, that is the only way we have a chance of turning things around.  Can they?  I hope so.  I believe that they can.  Will they?  Time will tell unless we do what we always do and make a foolish knee jerk reaction and fire everyone, bring in a bunch of unknowns to replace them, let them undo all of the work done to start from scratch, then by the time they have torn it down, fire them for not having fixed it.

A new version of events has surfaced blaming the Bengals for the A.J. McCarron trade that wasn’t.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer tweeted that the Browns sent a signed trade document to the Bengals to sign and send to the league, confirming the trade. The Bengals sent in the wrong document, one signed only by them.

The league needed both signatures to approve the trade, and the deadline passed before they got both.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/31/report-bengals-botched-a-j-mccarron-trade-at-deadline/

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

A new version of events has surfaced blaming the Bengals for the A.J. McCarron trade that wasn’t.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer tweeted that the Browns sent a signed trade document to the Bengals to sign and send to the league, confirming the trade. The Bengals sent in the wrong document, one signed only by them.

The league needed both signatures to approve the trade, and the deadline passed before they got both.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/31/report-bengals-botched-a-j-mccarron-trade-at-deadline/

Fake news ala' the NFL.

Everyone wanted to believe that it was we who screwed it up.

We are the Donald Trump of NFL football.

27 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

But you need to see improvement.  I don't see the leap that should have been taken from last year to now.  It has been terrible.

What kind of leap did you expect? Like, seriously, what were your expectations?

From a team that only won one game a year ago, they got younger. They went from being the 2nd youngest team to the youngest team. I dont know how far it goes but this has been the overall youngest roster for a single season since 2013.  Browns avg age is 24.24. In '16 it was 25. '15 it was 24.94. In '14 it was 25.09, and '13 was 24.98. With Key being the Browns went from having one of the older vets being the QB in McCown to now having the youngest QB in the league as the QB. You look at it too. The majority of age for the Browns is at their OL. You take out their age, it really shows you the youth of the skill players the browns have and have to rely on. Browns are literally having growing pains with this team right now. 

Did you expect 0 and 8? 

We have averaged 14 pts a game.  Think about that for a sec.  2 td's per game

We have allowed 25 pts a game.  All the talk about how much better the D looks.  We have given up more than 30 pts for half oPf the games played.

Yes we are young.  Have our 3 first rounders blown you away? Garrett was a no brainer, and yet his health issues have just continued from college.

Peppers...ok

Njoku...ok

Kizer has been sacked only 8 times total since week one. Turnovers have been our Achilles' heel more than anything else this year. How many red zone turnovers have there been to take points off the board? How many of those were the difference in the final score? We had one big special teams gaffe that cost us a win week one vs one of the best teams in the league this year. Kizer has definitely hurt us, and at this point, he hasn't shown anything to prevent us from going QB again next year. I want to like him, I think he is tough, smart, but still doesn't read the field well, and for a guy who isn't so accurate right now, his lack of ability to connect on those downfield passes really kills us. Interceptions are easily measured in box scores, but how many times have we seen a receiver get open downfield to have the ball overthrown and uncatchable? Njoku had a great route on Sunday only to be overthrown on what could have been a touchdown. Those were plays Kizer made in college and made for us in the preseason that we just aren't connecting on. I do think us getting a legit #1 WR will help, because those type of plays the QB can underthrow and the legit receiver can come back and make the play on the ball. A lot of big pass plays happen on underthrows for that reason, because the corner or safety is playing the man and not the ball. but if all Kizer is going to do is throw it past his man, we will never convert those. Those type of plays also make the defense play off their man more and give us more space on the short passing plays as well. We should be 3-5 or 4-4 at this point. Still not making any deadline moves doesn't sit well with me.

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Did you expect 0 and 8? 

We have averaged 14 pts a game.  Think about that for a sec.  2 td's per game

We have allowed 25 pts a game.  All the talk about how much better the D looks.  We have given up more than 30 pts for half oPf the games played.

Yes we are young.  Have our 3 first rounders blown you away? Garrett was a no brainer, and yet his health issues have just continued from college.

Peppers...ok

Njoku...ok

See but I can live with the defense. McCourty came here as a free agent and is having the best season of his career by far. He is ranked as the #1 corner. BBC is also up there in terms of coverage rating. I think Kindred has played pretty solid for us, he's done a great job defending the run. I think we have two Safeties who should be playing the same position, and I like Peppers potential but I think he needs to be moved up and we need to find someone else to be our center field type ball hawk safety. Our biggest problem defensively is that our pass defense relies too heavily on our linebackers to play in coverage, and the entire middle of the field is left open. Now when our pass rush is on, the scheme works well. It forces QB's into quick decisions that we can create turnovers from, but for it to work Garrett has to be healthy.

Archived